Chris Chambers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Chambers

Drafted and played for Gailey in Miami AND Kansas City.

Brought to San Diego while Buddy Nix was Asst. GM.

High School AND College teammate and friend of LEE EVANS!

*I think this would be an AWESOME idea...and he probably would love to stick it to Miami twice a year!

Could you imagine Lee and Chris teaming up, and working together to coach the youngsters as well!?

GET IT DONE RUSS...er....MARV...errr....BUDDY....errrrr....RALPH!

*I think this would be an AWESOME idea...and he probably would love to stick it to Miami twice a year!

Could you imagine Lee and Chris teaming up, and working together to coach the youngsters as well!?

It's relatively certain that he will be brought in....IMO, even if T.O. sticks around....gotta replace reed anyway! :unsure:

Good points.

Chambers still has some gas in his tank, but I'm not sure if he'd really strike fear into opposing defenses. --Heck, T.O couldn't even do that.

Chambers played well opposite of stud Dwayne Bowe (athough he was suspended several games) but given Chambers' history with Chan and Chans habit of bringing in aquantences from his past, the idea to bring him may be realistic.

I was suprised to see that Chambers was only 5'11'---he seems to play much larger.

If we went the route of a potential veteran Free agent 'large framed' pass catcher I'd get excited over the 6' 4'' Brandon Marshall----he's a beast on the field.

It's relatively certain that he will be brought in....IMO, even if T.O. sticks around....gotta replace reed anyway! :w00t:

Good points.

Chambers still has some gas in his tank, but I'm not sure if he'd really strike fear into opposing defenses. --Heck, T.O couldn't even do that.

Chambers played well opposite of stud Dwayne Bowe (athough he was suspended several games) but given Chambers' history with Chan and Chans habit of bringing in aquantences from his past, the idea to bring him may be realistic.

I was suprised to see that Chambers was only 5'11'---he seems to play much larger.

If we went the route of a potential veteran Free agent 'large framed' pass catcher I'd get excited over the 6' 4'' Brandon Marshall----he's a beast on the field.

Thanks! :unsure:

I thought about it and have mentioned it, and then thought "hey i should post this."

I think it would be a very good idea. He is better than Reed, and that is who he would most likely replace in the lineup. I highly doubt Marshall comes out of all this for less than a couple 1st round picks, or something quite high. He certainly won't just be a "free agent."

I also like Kevin Walter. I said that and have some seen other posters mention him, he is Wes Welker-lite.

Shipley, Decker or my boy Graham Zug would be good looks in the draft, but Shipley will go too high for us to take. Decker might be drafted kinda high for us too. Zug however, would be there in the later rounds, probably 7th.

Chambers plays bigger than he is. He has good hands, still has some speed and can seperate. He would really be a nice compliment to Evans on the field, and in the locker room. He would be great with Evans and the younger guys in the film room. I just know A LOT of Dolphins fans liked him and hated to see him go, one of my best friends included.

He is a gamer and a leader. We need some of them in Buffalo, on the offensive side of the ball. :w00t:

You closed me. I didnt have high hopes for your thread from the title. Your argument is sound and you sir have yourself a sale. I want Chambers now.

Not sure I would want Kevin Walter though, if we DO go for Chambers. If you say Chambers will be replacing Reed, then that means he'll be our guy in the slot. Reed excelled in finding first downs (at least while he had good chemistry with Trent)... your homeless man's Welker, if you will.

Chambers would be a bit more dynamic on the outside. I would like to see what he'll do to bring Hardy and Stevie up to speed though.

Thanks! :unsure:

I thought about it and have mentioned it, and then thought "hey i should post this."

I think it would be a very good idea. He is better than Reed, and that is who he would most likely replace in the lineup. I highly doubt Marshall comes out of all this for less than a couple 1st round picks, or something quite high. He certainly won't just be a "free agent."

I also like Kevin Walter. I said that and have some seen other posters mention him, he is Wes Welker-lite.

Shipley, Decker or my boy Graham Zug would be good looks in the draft, but Shipley will go too high for us to take. Decker might be drafted kinda high for us too. Zug however, would be there in the later rounds, probably 7th.

Chambers plays bigger than he is. He has good hands, still has some speed and can seperate. He would really be a nice compliment to Evans on the field, and in the locker room. He would be great with Evans and the younger guys in the film room. I just know A LOT of Dolphins fans liked him and hated to see him go, one of my best friends included.

He is a gamer and a leader. We need some of them in Buffalo, on the offensive side of the ball. :w00t:

I don't mean to nit-pick, and I like the idea of Chambers/Walter coming in as a 2nd or 3rd option, but the bolded statement is just plain wrong.

Welker is 5'9", 190 lbs, and lightning quick. He's had 3 straight seasons with over 100 receptions, can return kicks, and is one of the premier 3rd down receivers in the game.

Walter is 6'3", 221 lbs, and more of a long-strider; physical, but lacks the short-area quickness or downfield speed of a guy like Welker. Playing in a dynamic offense the past 3 years, and with one of the NFL's top 3 WRs (and one of the top 5 TEs) drawing most of the defensive attention, Walter has accumulated 65, 60, and 52 receptions.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to a guy like Walter, as Buffalo definitely needs a physical presence opposite Lee Evans. However, to compare him to Welker, in any way other than to say that they're both white and have last names that start with "W", is pretty much inaccurate.

I don't mean to nit-pick, and I like the idea of Chambers/Walter coming in as a 2nd or 3rd option, but the bolded statement is just plain wrong.

Welker is 5'9", 190 lbs, and lightning quick. He's had 3 straight seasons with over 100 receptions, can return kicks, and is one of the premier 3rd down receivers in the game.

Walter is 6'3", 221 lbs, and more of a long-strider; physical, but lacks the short-area quickness or downfield speed of a guy like Welker. Playing in a dynamic offense the past 3 years, and with one of the NFL's top 3 WRs (and one of the top 5 TEs) drawing most of the defensive attention, Walter has accumulated 65, 60, and 52 receptions.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to a guy like Walter, as Buffalo definitely needs a physical presence opposite Lee Evans. However, to compare him to Welker, in any way other than to say that they're both white and have last names that start with "W", is pretty much inaccurate.

I would say Wes Welker is VERY physical. I meant in the mold of a physical possession guy...THAT is what Welker is!

At first, I was thinking of Kevin Curtis, as he is IS Welker-lite...however, I think Walter is similar to Welker too.

I would say Wes Welker is VERY physical. I meant in the mold of a physical possession guy...THAT is what Welker is!

At first, I was thinking of Kevin Curtis, as he is IS Welker-lite...however, I think Walter is similar to Welker too.

It's hilarious to me that players are only compared to players of the same race. As though there aren't a dozen average black #3 receivers. I liken Kevin Walter to Ed McAffrey or Brian Finneran.

Its a good idea....but there's nobody that can throw the ball to him.

Chris Chambers would be an excellent addition alongside Lee Evans. Chambers is 31 years old and should still have a few more years of effective ballplay left. I do believe that with some guidance, Hardy will be an excellent WR. Having two veteran receviers such as Chambers and Evans would be very beneficial and will only raise the level of play for the surrounding cast. We need to keep an eye on both Hardy and Nelson. I believe they are young players full of a lot of potential. Terrel Owens is not the type of veteran receiver i would want to lead my young guys.

ive always liked chris chambers, even when he was with the dolphins. if we get this QB situation patched up he could be deadly.

This guy. I loved to hate this guy. He always lit the Bills up when he played them. Love to have him on our side. :D

I like this. I will never forget the game when he toasted our defense for 200 plus yards. I think it was against Nate Clements and company. I was like who is this Chis Chambers dude. I kept up with him and always liked his game. Now that I know he was teammates with Lee Evans makes me anxious to see where he goes. I think he will be wearing #81 next year alongside Lee and Stevie in the slot. Go Bills! Go get em!

I would love having Chris Chambers on our team! He has even single-handedly won a game for the Bills. He dropped an easy pass at a crucial point in the game against the Bills when they were playing the Chiefs... Thankyou Chris, now we have a worse draft-pick... :D

To be honest, Stevie Johnson is as good or if not better than Chris Chambers.

I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Johnson get more playtime, but what exactly has he done to make you think that? He's done practically nothing on the field. I know it's typical of fans of bad teams to fall in love with young bench players because of the possibility of what might be, but it doesn't seem justified in Steve Johnson's case.

I would love having Chris Chambers on our team! He has even single-handedly won a game for the Bills. He dropped an easy pass at a crucial point in the game against the Bills when they were playing the Chiefs... Thankyou Chris, now we have a worse draft-pick... :D

Yeah. I was pretty pissed about that, too. If there was one meaningless game I was rooting for us to lose, it was that one. KC was one loss ahead of us in draft position at the time. The sad thing is, that game possibly got them Okung instead of us.

It's hilarious to me that players are only compared to players of the same race. As though there aren't a dozen average black #3 receivers. I liken Kevin Walter to Ed McAffrey or Brian Finneran.

Please find for me, where I said ANYTHING about race or color?

Should I compare Welker to Parrish? Are they the same?

I rest my case.

I would love Marshall too, but we would be talking about a huge difference in payroll.

i'd prefer to see what hardy and johnson can do in OTA's and camp instead of bringing in a guy like chambers, I think buddy and chan are committed to building this team, and signing a bunch of FA's like chambers is counterproductive to that goal. evans, hardy, johnson, price(ohio), maybe a FA, but I think you have to see what the youngsters have.

Resign T.O. He was our best WR this season. Re-sign the productive players, replace the non-productive ones. If T.O. walks, then it's an aging retread or a waste of a draft pick for something that may or may/not pan out in a couple of years, or both. Let's re-sign T.O. and look to shore up areas that we are weak in already instead of creating new ones.