Hypocrisy anyone?

Magox

“We face a deficit of trust — deep and corrosive doubts about how Washington works that have been growing for years. To close that credibility gap, we have to take action on both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue — to end the outsized influence of lobbyists; to do our work openly; to give our people the government they deserve.”

Guess who said that?

and now this?

:thumbsup:

If you read the NY Times on-line it's easy to see how Obama is doing so poorly among the liberal elites. Their negative posts-comments on any Obama related articles proves how he's losing his base.

But one liberal-elite made an observation there that made me think. He said (paraphrase):

"In Obama's first year he should have shelved health care and focused exclusively on the economy and jobs. Then he and the Democrats could have demonstrated government competence and then actually expanded their super majority in the 2010 mid term elections. Then he should have turned to health care."

He didn't and now he's got nothing. Sad.

Barry focused on health care because with the majority in the House and super majority in the Senate, he figured he could easily pass his POS bill without Republican support/ideas, and then turn to jobs, which is a bipartisan isue. He had to do it within the first year or so because he figured he'd lose the super majority in the Senate in mid-term elections. However, he didn't expect Ted Kennedy to die and a Republican to take his place.

But read this:

If you read the NY Times on-line it's easy to see how Obama is doing so poorly among the liberal elites. Their negative posts-comments on any Obama related articles proves how he's losing his base.

But one liberal-elite made an observation there that made me think. He said (paraphrase):

"In Obama's first year he should have shelved health care and focused exclusively on the economy and jobs. Then he and the Democrats could have demonstrated government competence and then actually expanded their super majority in the 2010 mid term elections. Then he should have turned to health care."

He didn't and now he's got nothing. Sad.

I had seen that very observation in a NYT article about how health care was dead. It's amazing to me how badly the administration has completely bungled the greatest opportunity they'll see for years to have full control of everything. Absolutely amazing. Now the left is trying to get rid of Emmanual, which is weird since (as I understand it) he was the one who orchestrated their ability to run the entire show in both houses. Given Obama's desire to keep moving forward with his increasingly unpopular agenda, we could right now be witnessing the Ryan Leaf of presidential busts.

I had seen that very observation in a NYT article about how health care was dead. It's amazing to me how badly the administration has completely bungled the greatest opportunity they'll see for years to have full control of everything. Absolutely amazing. Now the left is trying to get rid of Emmanual, which is weird since (as I understand it) he was the one who orchestrated their ability to run the entire show in both houses. Given Obama's desire to keep moving forward with his increasingly unpopular agenda, we could right now be witnessing the Ryan Leaf of presidential busts.

Right now Obama looks like a 1-term President. How far he's fallen in just 6 months. Plenty of time for him to rebound. Not necessarily because he'll get his policy act together, but because of a change in the political climate or a royal fukk up by Republicans.

He can afford to piss off the very far left as they'll never vote for a Republican. He'll need the middle ground Democrats and independents to get re-elected and in order to win their support, he'll likely have to piss off the far left which goes against his core beliefs. Should be interesting to watch.