S. Jackson *Allegedly* Beats Up His 9 Month Pregnant Girlfriend

Interesting. The responses seem tepid compared to the ugly comments about Michael Vick. I guess beating up a pregnant woman is not as serious a crime as killing dogs. I think both are horrible, but my point is that there always seems to be an extreme response to discussions about what Vick did.

Great another guy who doesn't believe in "Innocent until Proven Guilty". Please don't server on any jury's.

Ah, the life of an NFL athlete...

Mike Vick - Dogfighting ring.

Steven Jackson - beats up his pregnant girlfriend.

PacMan Jones - everything.

Plaxico Burress - shoots himself in the foot...literally.

And they all make more money than all of us non-convicts do.

Only in America...

I love posts like these. Let's name all the people who do dumb things that get glorified by the media. Ignore the 90% of NFL players that are good people like Warrick Dunn, Brian Moorman, George Wilson, etc. and etc. Of course, these guys are the ones that make the news.

But you're right. All NFL players are thugs and no "average" American does anything wrong. :thumbsup:

what was the rest of the story? i googled and all i found was the original story and a couple saying she doesn't want him charged.......

What do you say if it proves to be false? I am not defending an athlete, but look at the situation with Marshawn, a few weeks back. Some woman gives him here number and the husband is a cop, they file a report, and the fans want him hung...two days later the rest of the story shows up on the back page, but he's already been to the gallows.

There are false accusations thrown at these guys all the time. It is easy to believe they did it, and they stand to gain a lot of money. What have they got to lose? In the case it is true, this poor woman has been through a lot already, and now has to have it made public. If it's not true...she is the kind of person that would file a false report that potentially causes irreversible damage to somebody, plus gets on TV...she doesn't lose, as she would be big on character anyway.

Either way, I guess, maybe before we sentence him to death, we should hear the facts.

He does say, Allegations are not true....

"The accusations are especially hurtful because those who truly know me know that those actions would be out of character for me. Miss Harris is the mother of my son, a son that I love and that I willingly support emotionally and financially. I will address this matter thoroughly through the appropriate avenues, but not through the media."

- at this point one can choose as to who to believe....

Interesting. The responses seem tepid compared to the ugly comments about Michael Vick. I guess beating up a pregnant woman is not as serious a crime as killing dogs. I think both are horrible, but my point is that there always seems to be an extreme response to discussions about what Vick did.

OK, say for argument's sake he actually DID what he is being accused of here. Would you then put him in the same category as, say, the terrorists who kidnap, torture, and then behead Western journalists with a dull blade? Do you even know why I'm asking? How about Dr. Kevorkian? Is he in this same category, as well?

Does it really have to be "animal vs human" for you people? Or can it be SEVERITY OF THE ACTION that warrants your attention, as it is for ME and so many others?

The fact that some of us recognize that ALL sentient creatures feel pain, and therefore we take the stance that they deserve better treatment from us, shouldn't bother you, but it does, and I wish I knew why.