Donovan McNabb

YE OLE likes that commercial where it's all like "DONOVAN SHAVES WITH... CHUNKY SOOOOOUUUUUP"

My feeling is that despite everything that has gone wayward with the coach search and what not... if the F.O. pulls this off and gets McNabb in here, it gains them back a lot of currency.

Also, I feel we have a legitimate chance to win immediately with McNabb under center. We can all debate whether McNabb can win the big one or how he does in the playoffs (although he is 9-6 in the playoffs as a starter), but the fact is as a 5 time Pro Bowler and a guy that's consistently thrown for 3500 yds. a season, and a better than 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio he's FAR better than anyone other option we'll have for next season.

9-6====15 playoff games since he was drafted in 1999=Buffalo's last playoff appearance!!! hmmmmmm....

My apologize to Kota on one point. I do agree we need to get a QB of the future and not a quick fix, and the front office needs to get that right, FOR ONCE. But just bring Donovan in, sign him to a 2 year deal, draft a QB, let him sit and watch McNabb for a couple of years. I've never been a fan of starting a rookie QB right away. The Flaccos and Ryans don't come along very often and Baltimore and Atlanta were just plain lucky on those ones.

That's why I'm very nervous about Buffalo choosing a QB in the 1st round. It very rarely works out. I honestly think Detroit missed on Stafford, there's just something about him that isn't right. I would draft a tackle at 9 then get your QB in Round two. But I've just always been in favor of letting a veteran QB groom a young guy. The Bledsoe-Losman transition didn't pan out, but its just my opinion.

I would love to have Mcnabb however the chances of us landing him are razor thin. There's about a 97% chance he stays with Philly and even if he doesn't stay with them he would more likely go to Minnesota or Arizona.

It's improbale that McNabb would play for Buffalo. He has too much pride to ever allow himself to be exiled to such a failed organization. What I want more than anything is to have the Bills find a qb, even if it is a temporary measure, who can play at a respectable level. There is no excuse, even for such a dysfunctional organization, to continue for so long having their starting qb play at such an excruciatingly bad level. It is outright shameful.

Kind of a foolish statement. What if Gailey doesn't want him? What if Gaileys vision of the offense requires a younger, more mobile QB like a Vick? I don't know what Gailey is thinking and either do you. So technically at this point wanting McNabb is just as foolish as not wanting him.

this statement is mind-numbing at best. if the offer is on the table and its something easily done, i could not see a single reason why our "coach" would not go for it. AGE?!? give me a break dude, McNabb is a proven winner and easily has 3-4 more seasons left in him. If we draft a quarterback or get a young guy in our system who would you want him to sit behind ryan fitzpatrick or donovan mcnabb?

McNabb is a franchise QB and we'd be lucky to get him here. He's a phenominal football player and an incredible passer. We can only hope for a QB like him.

He's rumored to be going for a 2nd. I'd easily give a 2nd and a 5th.

He's got good years left in him and he'd help us tremendously.

I agree

My apologize to Kota on one point. I do agree we need to get a QB of the future and not a quick fix, and the front office needs to get that right, FOR ONCE. But just bring Donovan in, sign him to a 2 year deal, draft a QB, let him sit and watch McNabb for a couple of years. I've never been a fan of starting a rookie QB right away. The Flaccos and Ryans don't come along very often and Baltimore and Atlanta were just plain lucky on those ones.

That's why I'm very nervous about Buffalo choosing a QB in the 1st round. It very rarely works out. I honestly think Detroit missed on Stafford, there's just something about him that isn't right. I would draft a tackle at 9 then get your QB in Round two. But I've just always been in favor of letting a veteran QB groom a young guy. The Bledsoe-Losman transition didn't pan out, but its just my opinion.

McNabb won't sign a two year deal. He doesn't want to be a bridge guy. IMO

Too many people hinge on what these guys say to reporters. It's laughable. No one knows what kind of teammate McNabb is and you certainly can't base it off of TO.

Look at what matters: wins. He wins a lot. No not a Super Bowl, but he has always fought hard. I've never seen a QB hit slumps and bounce back as well as McNabb. THAT does say a lot about his character as a player.

We're just trying to have a competitive team here, let's not analyze this too much. McNabb would help us do that but won't be a savior, and shouldn't be. If he comes here be glad we got a guy that can play. No he's not the long term answer but if we're going to be a run first team (which makes sense) then we need a proven guy like McNabb who can, and more importantly knows how to, manage the damn game properly.

If Favre retires though forget McNabb... he would never come here over Minnesota who would be a Super Bowl contender again with McNabb.

Too many people hinge on what these guys say to reporters. It's laughable. No one knows what kind of teammate McNabb is and you certainly can't base it off of TO.

Look at what matters: wins. He wins a lot. No not a Super Bowl, but he has always fought hard. I've never seen a QB hit slumps and bounce back as well as McNabb. THAT does say a lot about his character as a player.

We're just trying to have a competitive team here, let's not analyze this too much. McNabb would help us do that but won't be a savior, and shouldn't be. If he comes here be glad we got a guy that can play. No he's not the long term answer but if we're going to be a run first team (which makes sense) then we need a proven guy like McNabb who can, and more importantly knows how to, manage the damn game properly.

If Favre retires though forget McNabb... he would never come here over Minnesota who would be a Super Bowl contender again with McNabb.

By the time Favre decides McNabb would have probably been dealt (assuming for argument's sake they want to deal him).

i was thinking 5 for 50 would be his asking ? what do you think

Sarcasm?

I'm a big McNabb fan probably my fav non Bill and I think a championship means more to him than moolah at this point. That's probably being naive I realize but given our rep around the league lately I can't see him committing the rest of his career to us.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...se-but-philly/1

Sounds like a guy who thinks he's close to winning one on the team he's on.

I love McNabb too and don't understand the Poo-Poo Bears around here. Six time Pro-Bowler, let that sink in a minute. However, the chances of landing McNabb are like those of Cowher. A bunch of people are in for a big let down.

Vick on the other hand is a real possibility, better brace for that Buffalo fans. Sure he is a piece of **** but he may just be our piece of ****. Gailey has visions of Slash part 2 dancing in his head...

Keep in mind that the Eagles may outright release McNabb and go with the much younger K. Kolb as their starter.

The Bills may not have to give up anything to get NcNabb.

not true, they just re-signed him. they would already have released him if they were going to. They want something for him