What about Travis Henry, the forgotten RB?

He was a slashing Pro Bowl Calibre running back as recently as last year. He ran around with cracked ribs, for crissake, and now he gets in for a play or two?

Even if they were going to deal him for a draft choice, don't you think he has enough talent to add some diversity to this attack? And showcasing his talent would also add value...true?

I think TH would rip through some of those holes that WM can't seem to penetrate. We should mix it up!!

ICE and I disagreed yesterday about how we could use TH more...

I think it makes sense for both him and the Bills to make use of a former pro-bowl caliber player. It hurts his trade value sitting on the bench - and cutting him will cost us as his salary next year pops up to $1.25 million.

Travis is where he belongs - on the bench.

His Torreador blocks of blitzing DBs had a huge negative impact on the offense.

If you really like him, look at it this way: Having Travis sit is adding years to his career.

And why do we have to trade him?

He's Kenneth Davis, to Willis' Thurman.

Travis is where he belongs - on the bench.

His Torreador blocks of blitzing DBs had a huge negative impact on the offense.

If you really like him, look at it this way: Having Travis sit is adding years to his career.

And why do we have to trade him?

He's Kenneth Davis, to Willis' Thurman.

130214[/snapback]

That analogy is pure wrong. Travis wants to start. While we keep him nailed to the pine for 95% of the plays, his morale drops and when he comes on the field we get about 30% of what he is capable of delivering... If we used him more - we'd see his effort increase, his output increase and his trade value increase.

Someone in the FO needs to tell Travis that he's gonna be off the team come the end of the year and he needs to put some more effort in if he want the $$$ he thinks he deserves.

That analogy is pure wrong. Travis wants to start. While we keep him nailed to the pine for 95% of the plays, his morale drops and when he comes on the field we get about 30% of what he is capable of delivering... If we used him more - we'd see his effort increase, his output increase and his trade value increase.

Someone in the FO needs to tell Travis that he's gonna be off the team come the end of the year and he needs to put some more effort in if he want the $$$ he thinks he deserves.

130219[/snapback]

Top of the morning to ya' Gov.

You're right, the analogy is wrong. Kenneth Davis knew Thurman was the better back.

You know I'd like to suit up and play on Sundays. But something tells me for the good of the team, the coaches wouldn't put me in the game. I think it has something about winning - not whether my spirit is chipper.

His first play this past Sunday, he missed a block, resulting in a DB sack.

Trade value ? There are several top FA RB's available this off-season. I'm not worried about showcasing TH in order to raise his stock. He's not going to bring much anymore. I'm worried about winning. Willis is our RB.

Top of the morning to ya' Gov.

You're right, the analogy is wrong. Kenneth Davis knew Thurman was the better back.

130226[/snapback]

And therein lies the problem. TH sees himself as a pro-bowler, not a backup. Without playing time all you get from him is stevestojan. If we increase his playimg time (and by no means do I suggest he is the starter or anywhere near - rather in on 20-25% of snaps, used as a gadget player or decoy) we all get better value from the situation.

If we continue to use him so poorly why bother keeping him at all? Cut him today and promote a RB from the PS. Better to have someone who wants to play and will try than a no good whining pedophile POS former pro-bowler.

Trade value ?  There are several top FA RB's available this off-season. I'm not worried about showcasing TH in order to raise his stock. He's not going to bring much anymore. I'm worried about winning. Willis is our RB.

130227[/snapback]

Thank you Mark. I thought that nobody else saw that play. The rusher came through on the right side and flattened Drew. Big Mike had his man blocked, it was all Travis.

As for trade value, Traviis is all but worthless. and imo, this matters little. The Bills got their money's worth from him, and even if they get nothing, they save aq little bit on his cap hit.

At this point, he does more harm than good and doesn't belong on the football field.

Respectfully, I think the place for Travis right now is the bench. We've got a better RB in there now, and every down that Travis plays is one where he could get hurt, and his value would be ZERO.

Regarding the salary cap, we are only hit by the prorrated bonus, not any salary problems.

130219[/snapback]

Actually he was NOT a probowl RB quality RB last year. The year he did make it was by defeault. A player or two didn't go.

130258[/snapback]

Good call. But, don't forget he has been distinctly above average the past two years.

I watched a segment a few months ago - i think before the season started - about how being a 1,000yard rusher was no longer the benchmark for being a top quality NFL RB. The quality of play and style of play has increased that to be top rated back you need to get at least 1,350yards on a consistent year on year basis.

Last year 18 NFL RBs rushed for over 1000 yards - Look at the names at the lower end of the 1,000 yard rushers: Eddie George 1031, Domanick Davis 1031, Anthony Thomas 1024, Kevan Barlow 1024. We're not crying out for their services right? Travis was the 11th rated NFL RB with 1356 yards. The year before that 17 NFL RB rushed for over 1000 yards. That year Travis was in the top 5 with over 1400 yards.

By modern standards Travis Henry had proved to us that he was a top calibre running back amassing comfortably 'above average' rushing yards and performance that - while not pro-bowl calibe per se -are something we all were and should be proud of and impressed by. Look at this season where we have blamed Travis early on for being a bag of stevestojan - is it a coincidence that Travis has poor showings and the OL was immature in those first 4 games, couldn't block a toilet let alone 7 angry men in football uniforms?

We've been quick to slag off TH for is abysmal pass blocking skills - rightly so they suck, but we knew that from the last two years right? - but why don't we laud him for being a very good NFL RB (his misfirings early on can also be attributed to accidents or bad luck in some cases). The organisation have not made it easy for Travis to succeed this season, with Willis breathing down his neck (I am yet to call Willis a better back because he needs more than 4 100 yard games to prove to me he is) and the lack of committment to the 2 backs in the backfield at the same time.

Its just senseless to me to have what appeared for 2 seasons to be a legit talent rot on the bench. The only loser will be the Bills if we continue this trend cos when he skips town and we are picking up the tab for cutting him, there is every chance he goes to Miami or something equally vile and rips the field up for them for over 1350 per season. And we'd have nothing but the shape of his butt worn into the bench. We need to get value out of him in the offseason - so investment is needed now.

Good call. But, don't forget he has been distinctly above average the past two years.

I watched a segment a few months ago - i think before the season started - about how being a 1,000yard rusher was no longer the benchmark for being a top quality NFL RB. The quality of play and style of play has increased that to be top rated back you need to get at least 1,350yards on a consistent year on year basis.

Last year 18 NFL RBs rushed for over 1000 yards - Look at the names at the lower end of the 1,000 yard rushers: Eddie George 1031, Domanick Davis 1031, Anthony Thomas 1024, Kevan Barlow 1024. We're not crying out for their services right? Travis was the 11th rated NFL RB with 1356 yards. The year before that 17 NFL RB rushed for over 1000 yards. That year Travis was in the top 5 with over 1400 yards.

By modern standards Travis Henry had proved to us that he was a top calibre running back amassing comfortably 'above average' rushing yards and performance that - while not pro-bowl calibe per se -are something we all were and should be proud of and impressed by. Look at this season where we have blamed Travis early on for being a bag of stevestojan - is it a coincidence that Travis has poor showings and the OL was immature in those first 4 games, couldn't block a toilet let alone 7 angry men in football uniforms?

We've been quick to slag off TH for is abysmal pass blocking skills - rightly so they suck, but we knew that from the last two years right? - but why don't we laud him for being a very good NFL RB (his misfirings early on can also be attributed to accidents or bad luck in some cases). The organisation have not made it easy for Travis to succeed this season, with Willis breathing down his neck (I am yet to call Willis a better back because he needs more than 4 100 yard games to prove to me he is) and the lack of committment to the 2 backs in the backfield at the same time.

Its just senseless to me to have what appeared for 2 seasons to be a legit talent rot on the bench. The only loser will be the Bills if we continue this trend cos when he skips town and we are picking up the tab for cutting him, there is every chance he goes to Miami or something equally vile and rips the field up for them for over 1350 per season. And we'd have nothing but the shape of his butt worn into the bench. We need to get value out of him in the offseason - so investment is needed now.

130325[/snapback]

Here's to hoping Travis ends up in the AFC east. Revenge is dish best served cold.

130227[/snapback]

Bledsoe took one sack....Villareal missed the block on the stunt by the rams not Henry.....Sry Henry was out running a pattern into the flat...I love how Henry haters will make up anything to make him look bad...

Bledsoe took one sack....Villareal missed the block on the stunt by the rams not Henry.....Sry Henry was out running a pattern into the flat...I love how Henry haters will make up anything to make him look bad...

130499[/snapback]

And if Henry recognized the middle blitz, he would have adjusted and stayed in to help. I love how the Henry lovers overlook basic football comman sense.

And if Henry recognized the middle blitz, he would have adjusted and stayed in to help.  I love how the Henry lovers overlook basic football comman sense.

130504[/snapback]

To bad there was no blitz....When did Little become a blitzing linebacker...

To bad there was no blitz....When did Little become a blitzing linebacker...

130512[/snapback]

Little was missed because velarial shifted off to a LB who stunted. rewatch the play. There were 4 guys coming up the gut on our 3 OLinemen. Of course you can ignore the facts and apologize for Henry, but that is part of his job. Pretty interesting that the rest of the game Bledsoe didn't get hit isn't it. Of course the only other plays Henry was in on he got the ball on a run or Mcgahee was in at the same time. You think maybe Bledsoe said to the coaches, don't do that again. I do.

That's the way I saw it too, Villarial double teaming the rusher to his left, missing the block on the guy coming in and sacking Drew. Travis was  probably the #3 look on the play, and was moving out to the flat.

130520[/snapback]

Thats exactly what happened..The Rams ran a stunt...Jackson moved outside, Villarial rolled with him not recognizing the stunt early enough and Little blew right by him....

The play had nothing to do with Henry since he was already 4-5yds into the flat...

Just a bad recognition by Villarial...It happens, he bounced back to have a pretty strong game after a rough start(that same drive he missed a block pulling out right, resulting in mcgahee losing a couple yards)....