Whitner Wants Troy Smith

BillsNYC

Seriously though...The fact that Whitner was Drafted where he was, and makes what he makes, HAS to be a HUGE part of his overall analysis...It HAS to be, especially on a Team like The Bills who are not going to out-spend anyone...:doh:

You know what KO, I think with some fans it was where he was selected. But you said it, you just have to watch the games to realized that he's just not that good. In order for me it would be:

1. His lackluster play

2. His big mouth

3. That play vs the Raiders where he tackled that WR in the endzone after taking yet another terrible angle

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DonteWhitner Troy is a proven winner and leader! Joe Flacco is the franchise in B' More its only right....I watched the guy sit behind Justin Zwick.....

Adam_Schefter RT @DonteWhitner: I think we should get Troy Smith to be our Qb, please!

Uh...Donte...you should worry about your own place on this team right now....

Great! Two backups from Ohio State!

Maybe Donte meant as apunt returner.....

But guys like Schobel (look at his production numbers), Posluszny (look at his numbers) aren't criticized nearly as much

I take it you weren't here when Bills cut Copeland Bryan & kept Kelsay last summer? I also guess that you're not part of the voluminous threads comparing Poz to Harris? Or participated in annual discussions whether Schoebel should move to OLB?

Yeah, those three are treated with kid gloves on this board.

DonteWhitner Troy is a proven winner and leader! Joe Flacco is the franchise in B' More its only right....I watched the guy sit behind Justin Zwick.....

Adam_Schefter RT @DonteWhitner: I think we should get Troy Smith to be our Qb, please!

Uh...Donte...you should worry about your own place on this team right now....

Wow. Good one Donte. :doh:

I take it you weren't here when Bills cut Copeland Bryan & kept Kelsay last summer? I also guess that you're not part of the voluminous threads comparing Poz to Harris? Or participated in annual discussions whether Schoebel should move to OLB?

Thank you. Schobel had 10 sacks on a team that was almost last against the run, and he is blasted right and left. He produces; Whittner does not.

Let's review here. You whine like a 12 year old girl (no offense to 12 yo girls) and add nothing of substance ever. Whitner is a millionaire, who loves being a Bill, is one of the better leaders on the time, and would be signed in about 5 minutes if we cut him. Yeah, you're right. Whitner is a real loser! :doh:

The hate on DW is so freaking laughable. He is a good safety who didn't pick himself #8. unfortunately he got hurt and Wilson has turned himself into a good player himself. There's a part of me that hopes we get rid of Whitner and he goes on to be a pro bowler on another to just show how stupid some people are. Of course the same morons whining about DW would be the same morons whining letting him go.

ty

Let's review here. You whine like a 12 year old girl (no offense to 12 yo girls) and add nothing of substance ever. Whitner is a millionaire, who loves being a Bill, is one of the better leaders on the time, and would be signed in about 5 minutes if we cut him. Yeah, you're right. Whitner is a real loser! :doh:

Whitner loves being employed by an employer that pays him millions of dollars to watch another worker do his job (better)?

WoW! Who wouldn't "love" that job??

Thank you. Schobel had 10 sacks on a team that was almost last against the run, and he is blasted right and left. He produces; Whittner does not.

Donte lets his oversized mouth shoot off before his pea sized brain can stop his assine comments.

Whitners off field problems, his average play, and his overall salary and where he was picked all come into play with our opinion on Whitner. If DW is supposedly a leader like he thinks he is, he should not be spewing comments via twitter about his buddy Troy Smith, whom doesn't have a whole lot of production to back up DW's endorsement. A "leader" wouldn't make public comments like this that could be divisive in the locker room, nor would he throw the qb's already here under the bus. Lets face it the Bills qb's and offense in general hasn't had much stability, lots of changes in coaches and schemes and the oline has been a mess. Hopefully the new staff can instill those items and fix the oline. Maybe any one of those qb's then might have a chance. If the coaches don't believe the qb's here can get the job done, then they need to do what they can to obtain a franchise qb via the draft.

I don't think DW is a horrible player, but he certainly is only an average to below average starter. He's certainly not a game changer or makes others around him better on the bills. Its his big mouth and the production he delivers compared to his salary and perceived value as the #8 pick that makes bills fans criticize him.

If you don't think Poz/Schobel/Kelsay takes heat on this board than you must not read it very much. It sounded like the "image" that you are talking about is a black or white thing? If thats the case, DW would suck if he was purple. McGahee deserved everything he got, he was another big mouth proclaiming he was the best back in the league and pumped out mediocre seasons and has been reduced to a role player in Baltimore. Lynch was beloved by fans when he got here. The stadium erupted when he touched the ball. But he's gotten himself in trouble off of the field way to often and hurt the team by getting suspended this year because he wanted to play Boyz in the Hood again.

Here's the difference between DW and Byrd...instincts. Byrd knows where that ball is going and shows up before it gets there. DW, watches the reciever catch it and then takes a bad angle to make the tackle.

Very Good Post!!! I can't argue with anything you said.

I say give Troy Smith a try, Donte maybe right on this one.

He is better than Trent and last I heard Trent does not have a Heisman on his mantle.

I really don't like any of the QB's in the first round, besides if you can get an OT in the first round and pick up Smith you can than focus the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks on lineman and LB's.

Let Smith, Fitz and Brohm fight for the job, I like the idea .

I say give Troy Smith a try, Donte maybe right on this one.

He is better than Trent and last I heard Trent does not have a Heisman on his mantle.

I really don't like any of the QB's in the first round, besides if you can get an OT in the first round and pick up Smith you can than focus the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks on lineman and LB's.

Let Smith, Fitz and Brohm fight for the job, I like the idea .

please disregard anything lil donte says.

So, let me get this straight. The big defense of Whitner amounts to the hypothesis that he might look better if he were on a different defense playing with better players? Wow. Color me underwhelmed. A good solid player that needs to be surrounded by greatness to reach his potential, sounds an awful lot like a below average player that can be hidden better on a defense with more talent.

Instead of conjecture about other defenses, we can point to the reality that he was a backup last year to Scott, Byrd, and Wilson. He's a better S than Wendling, though. Faint praise for a guy in the prime of his career.

I Can't believe we got rid of ANthony Hargrove - did you see him slam Favre to the turf??

So, if we drop Whitner...who replaces him at SS? I think Byrd and Whitner would make a solid combo...

however, I would let Whitner walk if we drafted Myron Rolle (or Taylor Mays)...but I bet Rolle has the better career.

While I like Taylor Mays as a player (in our latest mock he'll be going #15 to the Giants), if we draft him I'll know ol' Buddy is senile. We need to draft linemen at least 4x during this draft (LT, OC/LG, DE, DT), and the RD#1 pick better be special.