Could this be our next defensive coordinator John Mitchell?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mitchell_(football_coach)

Assitant head coach of the Steelers/defensive line coach, meet John Mitchell. He has been taught by the best. He has tons of experience and likes the 3-4. Guys like Gray and Fewel succeeded as first time coordinators for us. Gailey knows him well. It should be a great fit and like Gailey said, he is not a name that pops right out at you. Seems like a fit!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mitchell_(football_coach)

Assitant head coach of the Steelers/defensive line coach, meet John Mitchell. He has been taught by the best. He has tons of experience and likes the 3-4. Guys like Gray and Fewel succeeded as first time coordinators for us. Gailey knows him well. It should be a great fit and like Gailey said, he is not a name that pops right out at you. Seems like a fit!

Very seasoned thats for sure. Question is, does he want to leave pittsburgh at this stage in his career. If you read down it states he plans on retiring in 2012.

why the green puke face to lead this thread....this guy has a pretty impressive resume...plus it seems you would not be upset by him being brought in as DC from your post

Don't hold your breathe face. Meaning if it makes sense the Bills probably won't do it!

I had to read this twice...

Quote: "In 1971 Mitchell became the first African-American to play football for the Crimson Tide"

That's amazing. It's hard to believe this is within my lifetime! We're talking a mere 12 years before Jim Kelly was drafted.

If it said "1951" it would have been more believeable, but "1971" ?!?!?

He's DL/Asst Head Coach. So, unless they wanted to give up all that defensive football knowledge, we'd have had to offer him the HC position for them not to block the move.

April was Buffalo's Assistant Head Coach but didn't get the interm job. DC position is a step up for John Mitchell and he knows Gailey well. If the position of DC is offered for a interview he will change his plans for retirement I bet. This man loves football from his Bio. This would finish his career and add some respect in the media for the things he has accomplished. He isn't well known right now and his story would be told if he got some lime light. How many active coaches were prodegies of Bear Bryant. Amazing story!!!!!

April was Buffalo's Assistant Head Coach but didn't get the interm job. DC position is a step up for John Mitchell and he knows Gailey well. If the position of DC is offered for a interview he will change his plans for retirement I bet. This man loves football from his Bio. This would finish his career and add some respect in the media for the things he has accomplished. He isn't well known right now and his story would be told if he got some lime light. How many active coaches were prodegies of Bear Bryant. Amazing story!!!!!

Sounds like a guy I'd smash someones face for to me. This would be a good move.

I had to read this twice...

Quote: "In 1971 Mitchell became the first African-American to play football for the Crimson Tide"

That's amazing. It's hard to believe this is within my lifetime! We're talking a mere 12 years before Jim Kelly was drafted.

If it said "1951" it would have been more believeable, but "1971" ?!?!?

This man has done alot. Suprised he hasn't ran his own show.