My Free Agent Wishlist

H2o

Folks here don't realize that the current FO plans to spend little or nothing on FA's, so keep dreaming. Anyone else notice Ralph's reference to Nix building "via the draft" in the recent "thank you" card we received. There's your message. If you think we'll be big players in FA, prepare to be disappointed.

What's frustrating about all of this is that if they were run as a normal company you'd expect them to have a budget and use that to play with. For ex., there were numerous reports that we were willing to offer Cowher $10 million/year to come here--in a normal case that $7 million savings (Gailey's making $3m) would then be available to pay players. Same with the Jason Peters $9-10m/year that was supposedly on the table to him before he was traded last year. That money seemed to evaporate once the trade was announced--for ex., it could have been used to sign other FA's on the market at the time, as there were still several potential upgrades to be had, like Pinoisamoa and Levi--making me personally wonder how serious they ever were to begin with. Lots of smoke and mirrors to keep us rubes hopeful. My, I've gotten cynical, havent' I?

Richard Seymour, Oakland

Brodie Croyle, Kansas City Chiefs

Marcus McNeill, San Diego Chargers

Rudy Niswanger, Kansas City Chiefs

Travis Johnson, San Diego Chargers

Malcom Floyd, San Chargers

Brodie Coyle! He played very well when given a chance- and then they went and traded for Casel. I would prefer Coyle over Claussen, and we address the D and Oline in the draft

Brodie Coyle! He played very well when given a chance- and then they went and traded for Casel. I would prefer Coyle over Claussen, and we address the D and Oline in the draft

I'm really hoping they address QB and OL in the FA period. There are some guys out there that Chan and Nix have a history with. I think Coyle could be a solid QB if the OL get bolstered a bit.

Guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

Go Bills!

Orton, as mediocre as he is, would be an upgrade over what we've got now. I'd be okay with signing him, as long as it doesn't affect our draft board. I.e., if Clausen or Bradford somehow slips to #9, we draft him.

Derrick Johnson has been mentioned a lot here, and I like it. If we stick with a 4-3, one of the advantages is that we can try to poach good 4-3 guys who've been marginalized by their teams switching to 3-4s. Johnson and Glenn Dorsey in KC (although Dorsey would have to be a trade) and Aaron Kampman in GB come to mind. Whether through FA or trade, these guys will have relatively low price tags because they haven't been productive in the 3-4.

Plus, I'd like to see a list of QUALITY FA's that want to COME here. That will be short

Probably longer than the list of quality coaches that wanted to come here-one Brian Billick and they didn't even call him. Shows you the ineptitude of this organization and the ownership. Bottom line-Billick would have had to be paid like a Super Bowl winning coach-which he is.