Answer this as honestly as you can..

If my kid played for a Super Bowl team, I'd know his squad inside and out.

Over the course of his season/career with the team, I would gradually press him for all the insider information I could--every bit of play-calling, strategy, scheming, etc.

Then, on the Saturday one week before the Super Bowl, I'd finagle contacts with the Bill organization and start stealthily spilling the beans, defying my son's trust--but for the love of the Bills.

After the Buffalo victory, I'd report here with all my findings.

I'm sure my son will one day forgive me.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

son hands down. No question. Family always first.

What if your son defected to Canada, became a Canadian citizen, and played the USA in the gold medal hockey game of the Olympic games? What now?

Of course they go hand in hand. It is just when you have to prioritze them, which comes first? Others like the community at large or yourself (family unit).

So you are saying family should take prioroity over community? Probably explains the mentality down in NOLA (Katrina) when the police left to run back home and take care of their family first.

No man (family) is an island.

A man is not an island, but the family is.

Funny how you equate civil servants with community, when the two are nowhere near the same.

Why don't you use the devastating October ice storm in Buffalo a few years back as a true example of a community banding together? It was families & neighbors helping each other out, because that's where the priority was and that's how communities thrive as that's how civilizations prosper.

See if this logic can penetrate.

If you son was playing against the bills in the superbowl, who would you cheer for? Your sons team or the Bills?

I would root for my son's team to beat the Bills.........but if the Bills won, and my son wasn't injured during the game, after I consoled him, congratulated him on making it to the big game with his team, and I got back to Buffalo, I WOULD PARTY MY BUTT OFF THAT THE BILLS FINALLY WON A SB!

Of course they go hand in hand. It is just when you have to prioritze them, which comes first? Others like the community at large or yourself (family unit).

So you are saying family should take prioroity over community? Probably explains the mentality down in NOLA (Katrina) when the police left to run back home and take care of their family first.

No man (family) is an island.

Or, as the Clintons put it, "It takes a village."

And then they promptly turned around and isolated Chelsea from that village as much as they possibly could.

If my kid played for a Super Bowl team, I'd know his squad inside and out.

Over the course of his season/career with the team, I would gradually press him for all the insider information I could--every bit of play-calling, strategy, scheming, etc.

Then, on the Saturday one week before the Super Bowl, I'd finagle contacts with the Bill organization and start stealthily spilling the beans, defying my son's trust--but for the love of the Bills.

After the Buffalo victory, I'd report here with all my findings.

I'm sure my son will one day forgive me.

In this fantasy world you've concocted, you actually procreated?

A man is not an island, but the family is.

Funny how you equate civil servants with community, when the two are nowhere near the same.

Why don't you use the devastating October ice storm in Buffalo a few years back as a true example of a community banding together? It was families & neighbors helping each other out, because that's where the priority was and that's how communities thrive as that's how civilizations prosper.

See if this logic can penetrate.

Everybody is a civil servant in a way GG. It is called citizenship in community, nation, and world.

I totally agree GG. Family and community can be as one. Yet, the whole point of the thread comes down to when one has to prioritize. Community first because family is usually right alongside with the community. It can't be the other way, because if you isolate community FOR family, the community will suffer... ALWAYS suffer. Probably the number one thing that leads to corruption.

And that is the whole point of the thread. What is prioritized. It is a one way street , family can't come first over community... Yet... Comunity can come before family with less negative effect on family.

A community is a family, just a bigger one so that is why it is first and why the smaller unit will not suffer as much if the larger community is prioritized.

Think of the glass jar analogy with rock, stones, and sand. Rock being God and country, stones being the community and sand being the individual family. If you want to fit the most in the jar, one puts the rocks and stones in first and then fills around with the sand.

"Rock, Stone, Sand rule"

I don't expect you to get it. People tend to be selfish.

Or, as the Clintons put it, "It takes a village."

And then they promptly turned around and isolated Chelsea from that village as much as they possibly could.

Exactly... What total douches the Clintons are. Then too boot, Chelsea is in the hedge fund industry!

"Don't do as I do, do as I tell you."

:thumbsup:

I would root for my son's team to beat the Bills.........but if the Bills won, and my son wasn't injured during the game, after I consoled him, congratulated him on making it to the big game with his team, and I got back to Buffalo, I WOULD PARTY MY BUTT OFF THAT THE BILLS FINALLY WON A SB!

This