Bob Sanders contacted by U Tenn for DC

Beerball

just for clarification purposes, it says they contacted 'buffalo bills defensive line coach Bob Sanders' is he still the coach? i thought the entire staff was asked to leave.....yet i see that there are a handful still on the web site as coaches? or his this already been discussed and i completely missed it

Obviously not you. So why bother with such an insightful post to begin with?

Cuz i didn't even know we had a dline coach named bob sanders and was thinkin this dude ment Bob Sanders from da colts without really thinking first lolol :rolleyes: but obviously thats not the case. So now i wonder why anyone would give a crap about the career of a former bills coach of the worst dline in the league?

just for clarification purposes, it says they contacted 'buffalo bills defensive line coach Bob Sanders' is he still the coach? i thought the entire staff was asked to leave.....yet i see that there are a handful still on the web site as coaches? or his this already been discussed and i completely missed it

They were given permission to seek other opportunities.

Cuz i didn't even know we had a dline coach named bob sanders and was thinkin this dude ment Bob Sanders from da colts without really thinking first lolol :rolleyes: but obviously thats not the case. So now i wonder why anyone would give a crap about the career of a former bills coach of the worst dline in the league?

See. Now that is a good point. He was terrible. As far as why anyone would have an interest in him...I have no idea..

thanks!

Your welcome!

I'm not sure there's much of a difference though. Somebody out there will know whether they are still on the payroll. I don't know what their contract status is/was.

Speculation from sources with inside sources tell us that 2 may be retained.

Heh. I know Wes (who has been kicking some major butt on that beat lately); I'll ask him what's up. I do know that Dooley's spoken to Joe Barry a couple of times, though, so Sanders might not be their No. 1 option.

And FWIW, I thought the Bills' DL improved under him last season. (As Lofton80 noted, he managed to get more out of McCargo than Kollar did, although that's not saying much ...)

judging by your post you are lost

Explain how I am lost.

We were THE worst team in the NFL against the run. 32 out of 32! This in part can be attributed to our smallish linebacker corps, but it all starts up front. While the defensive line may have improved in terms of sack totals this year compared to years past, in my opinion this is most attributable to Aaron Schobel being healthy (lead the team with 10 sacks.) and not Bob Sanders.

Heh. I know Wes (who has been kicking some major butt on that beat lately); I'll ask him what's up. I do know that Dooley's spoken to Joe Barry a couple of times, though, so Sanders might not be their No. 1 option.

And FWIW, I thought the Bills' DL improved under him last season. (As Lofton80 noted, he managed to get more out of McCargo than Kollar did, although that's not saying much ...)

Lori I agree with what you write 99% of the time, but I can't agree with you here. McCargo's best year was in 2007 under Kollar. See the stats below, he did nothing this year. IMO Sanders did not do a very good job this year.

Season Team Tackles

G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF

2009 Buffalo Bills 11 1 11 7 4 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2008 Buffalo Bills 7 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- --

2007 Buffalo Bills 16 0 29 20 9 2.5 -- 4 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

2006 Buffalo Bills 5 0 6 5 1 0.0 -- 1 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

+1. Our D-line made a big turnaround in effectiveness against the pass, without any impact from new personnel. The key difference was the hiring of Sanders.

Except the return of Aaron Schobel.

I agree with you generally, however, that the line played better than two seasons ago. Sanders has to get some of the credit for that.