Report: Cameron on Bills wish list

scribo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is old news, but had that actually went down, the Bills would have imploded. You don't hire a coach who almost went winless, to lead your team to the promise land. Sporano took that same roster and went 11-5 the following year. If that's not direct proof of coaching (and the Bill Parcells effect), then I don't know what is...

If the Bills PR unit was smart (emphasis on the word "if"), this was intentionally leaked to make Gailey look like the next coming of Lombardi by comparison.

Gailey and Cameron are the same type of coach in my opinion. Bright offensive coordinators and play callers, but lacking the charisma and leadership qualities to be a HC.

Gailey and Cameron are the same type of coach in my opinion. Bright offensive coordinators and play callers, but lacking the charisma and leadership qualities to be a HC.

Yes, because all successful head coaches in the NFL ooze charisma.

Like Bill Belichick. And Tony Dungy.

Look, I have no idea what Chan will do here -- he wasn't a sexy hire or someone I coveted for the job. But the ridiculousness about needing a "charismatic" guy to win needs to stop. And by whom has Chan's leadership been questioned?

Look, I have no idea what Chan will do here -- he wasn't a sexy hire or someone I coveted for the job. But the ridiculousness about needing a "charismatic" guy to win needs to stop. And by whom has Chan's leadership been questioned?

It's funny how the more talented players a HC has the more charisma the HC gets. :rolleyes:

I'll agree that hiring Cam Cameron would have been a marketing disaster! Yea, even worse then Gailey, at least Gailey has won before as a head coach at the NFL level.

The Bills fans did implode already this year once they found that Martyball wanted to coach the Bills, but RW wasn't "comfortable" with him, which was a rumor I simply don't believe.

As I stated in another post, Marty couldn't get along with A.J.Smith while at SD and A.J. fired him. Nix and A.J. Smith are friends, and Nix worked for him at SD as a scout, so he is familiar with what happened between Marty and A.J. Smith. If anyone was not comfortable with Marty it was Nix.

Going back to Cam Cameron, I think the guy is far and away one of the best OC's in the NFL today. He has tutored Drew Brees , Phillip Rivers, Trent Green and Joe Flacco, so he knows how to develop a QB no question.

Nix and Gailey's hire will be defined by the coordinators and assistant coaches they bring in, and schemes they will run.

I would argue that Belichick is one of the most charismatic coaches out there. Sure, he ain't pretty, but he is a master manipulator.

Yes, but Chan will put his trust in Jesus and that will save us. Personally I don't think Jesus gives a rats a$$ about football, to save this team I'd prefer a stout O line and D line.

just !@#$ing great. now the Bills are ridiculed for the coach they did pick and the ones they didn't.

link

I'm not ridiculing Gailey, but I sure as heck would have blasted them if they'd picked CamCam.

Didn't say you were...but plenty have.

but they didn't so you aren't...others are

Just the fact that he was allegedly on the list is enough to make me a little nervous about their judgment...