McWashed Up!

major

As a Bills fan living in the Philly area, I agree that it would be a bigtime mistake to acquire McNabb. Most Eagle fans are fed up with McNabb and can not wait to get rid of him and move on.

Most eagles fans are idiots, does anyone realize how tough it is to replace a great qb, how long has it been for us?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am tired of hearing fans say that we need McNabb. We don't! He is on the decline. Did you watch the wild card game he just played in, against the Cowboys? He's not Brett Favre. It pains me to say this, but I feel the Eagles would have been better off with the dog killer running their offense this year.

Forget McWashed Up and draft Tebow.

This is the worst thread I've seen here in a LONG time. Well done, sir.

Steve Young did very well. Ran a lot in college too. Tebow will be fine because he has all the physical tools and the intangibles. All he needs is some technique. Thats the easiest part to learn

Can I take that bet you made with someone else over the Stanford RB? Have you watched Tebow? Byron Leftwich thinks he has a long, deliberate delivery. Add to that sub-par accuracy and not playing in a pro system, there isn't a chance in hell Tebow is a successful QB at the NFL level.

Besides, technique is the "easiest" part to learn? You must be joking...

The Bills haven't had a

4000 yard passer- 2002

3000 yard passer- 2006

guy throw 20 tds- 2004

someone throw for 300 yards in a game- 2006

McNabb has thrown for over 3500 yards each of the last 2 years with 45 tds to 21 ints.

It would take a little over 3 seasons worth of games for the Bills to equal the amount of tds McNabb has thrown for.

Plus playoff appearances, divisional titles,qb rating in the high 90's. Statistically leading one of the most productive offenses in the NFL? People don't want Mcnabb you're seriously idiots.

He's 33 and the Eagles will want a second rounder, I'm guessing. Gailey has done a lot with a little at QB and so I don't see it as a need right now. Save the second rounder and draft a guy who needs a little grooming. JMO

ya it would be a huge mistake to trade for one of the best qbs in the league. This team hasn't seen the playoffs in the last decade we have no good qbs on the roster and mcnabb would make us an immediate contender. When our o line is healthy they could easily protect mcnabb and he could thrive here. A good qb solves a middle of the road team like ours worries.

I am tired of hearing fans say that we need McNabb. We don't! He is on the decline. Did you watch the wild card game he just played in, against the Cowboys? He's not Brett Favre. It pains me to say this, but I feel the Eagles would have been better off with the dog killer running their offense this year.

I completely agree that the Bills should just say no to McNabb. Regardless of whether he is or is not washed up--a question I don't want to get into at the moment--trading for him would not make sense.

The Bills are in rebuilding mode. Rebuilding teams should not trade away draft picks for aging veterans. Period. No exceptions.

One more thing- we don't have a line that can protect McNabb. He has become a pocket passer, not a running QB. We need a running QB due to the line issues we have.

there are some dumb posters on here. but you are towards the top.

obviosuly we have no line. but the answer is not to suddenly get a scrambling qb - ala vick or tebow. the answer is to fix the line and then get the right QB.

if you own a house, you don't suddenly put in a new furnace and AC unit when the foundation is all jacked up. you fix the most important, essential part of the house first, then you put in those parts that make the house function and run.

the line is the most important part of an offense. show me a team that has won a superbowl without a great O-line. thre hasn't been one. the closest i've seen were the cards with mike gandy, and we know how that turned out.

mcnabb is also no where CLOSE to washed up. he very well has 2-3 solid seasons left. he still has great arm strength and the ability to read a defense, two things this team lacks. sure, his accuracy is not at 65% but he doesn't need to be. he'd be a nice upgrade for 2-3 years especially if we drafted tebow or lefouver to sit behind him and learn.

Steve Young did very well. Ran a lot in college too. Tebow will be fine because he has all the physical tools and the intangibles. All he needs is some technique. Thats the easiest part to learn

and who better to learn from then mcnabb. and if not, vick might not be the worst qb to show tebow how important it is to run less and pass more. i was originally against vick, but his last season as a starter in atlanta showed he was becoming a far better passer. i actually think he might work out well and i wouldn't be upset if we got either vick or mcnabb to run things with tebow developing (or lefouver).... but that means we gotta say by by to one of the fan favorites - fitzbackup or trentified... id rather keep trent personally. hes had better all aroudn numbers then fitzie

and who better to learn from then mcnabb. and if not, vick might not be the worst qb to show tebow how important it is to run less and pass more. i was originally against vick, but his last season as a starter in atlanta showed he was becoming a far better passer. i actually think he might work out well and i wouldn't be upset if we got either vick or mcnabb to run things with tebow developing (or lefouver).... but that means we gotta say by by to one of the fan favorites - fitzbackup or trentified... id rather keep trent personally. hes had better all aroudn numbers then fitzie

and finally if you need an article to explain how important blocking is, look no furhter then Ken East's own greg easterbrook:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

As a Bills fan living in the Philly area, I agree that it would be a bigtime mistake to acquire McNabb. Most Eagle fans are fed up with McNabb and can not wait to get rid of him and move on. Yes, he would be better than what the Bills have, but he is clearly not the answer. McNabb behind a weak line is not much better than Edwards of Fitzpatrick. He no longer has the mobility he once had, and he is horribly inaccurate when under pressure. On top of that, I get the impression he is not a good clubhouse guy. He seems to alienate himself and get defensive when criticized. Philadelphia fans can't understand why the national media is so in love with McNabb. Yes his numbers look good, but his time has passed. The only place McNabb will find success is if he goes to a team with a super solid line. I desperately hope the Bills do not waste a draft pick or good player (Lynch) to acquire McNabb. He would flounder big time behind a reconstructed and developing offensive line and miss receivers all over the place.

As for drafting Tebow, I wouldn't do this either unless he slips to Round 3. Unless Bradford or Claussen slip to the Bills, I would let Chan take a shot at a free agent and do some magic.

Thank you.

McNabb might not be what he was a few years ago, but if he came to Buffalo for next season, he would be without a sliver of a doubt, the best QB the Bills have had since Jim Kelly retired after the 1996 season-that is 13 seasons if my math is correct. The Bills are the joke of the league right now, just read the national media, and if they wasted a pick on Tebow, unless it was the 5th or 6th round, they would be an even bigger joke. Tebow isn't even going to be a quarterback in the NFL, if he plays at all in the league it will be as a running back or receiver, or most likely as a special teams player. If the Bills use thier top pick on a QB, it needs to be one who will actually be able to play QB in the league, prefereable Clausen, but even Bradford if he is available.

McFag hasn't done anything in his career....the few big games he has been in he has choked. Even though I don't like him, I would rather have Vick... or even Tebow...and thats pretty sad...

McNabb never had any talent at WR other than Westbrook, who of course is a RB. He did more with nothing than anyone in the past two decades. And when he got his WR in TO they went to the Superbowl, both were playing hurt, and they still almost pulled it out