No longer Land Shark Stadium??

bbb

http://gazetteonline.com/sports/iowa-hawke...d-shark-stadium

So, the Dolphins Stadium is now Sun Life Stadium, in time for the Super Bowl.......They just changed last May to Land Shark Stadium.............Now, they're just effing with everybody if they sign an 8 month deal.......This is why I call stadiums by the first thing they were called and never change. It's still Rich Stadium, Pilot Field, and Joe Robbie Stadium to me.

They made it known from the beginning, at least to folks in Miami, that the naming deal expires before the Pro Bowl. The connection is that Jimmy Buffett has an ownership stake in both the Dolphins and Land Shark beer, so the naming rights was probably part of the deal when he became an owner.

Sun Life Stadium is actually a decent corporate name for a stadium.

They made it known from the beginning, at least to folks in Miami, that the naming deal expires before the Pro Bowl. The connection is that Jimmy Buffett has an ownership stake in both the Dolphins and Land Shark beer, so the naming rights was probably part of the deal when he became an owner.

Sun Life Stadium is actually a decent corporate name for a stadium.

Not a bad name for a stadium in the "Sunlife" state, maybe they could replace "The Who" with "KC and the Sunlife Band"

Land Shark only bought the rights for one year. It was going to happen. no surprise.

It was a surprise to me.......I never saw anything about a one year deal.........And, my bigger point is why are you renaming a stadium for one year......That is just wrong. At least go into a deal with the intent that this is going to be our name for the rest of time.....It's bad enough when an Enron or Adelphia goes belly up, but to sign a deal knowing that this is how it's going to be going in, that is just not respecting anybody or anything.

It was a surprise to me.......I never saw anything about a one year deal.........And, my bigger point is why are you renaming a stadium for one year......That is just wrong. At least go into a deal with the intent that this is going to be our name for the rest of time.....It's bad enough when an Enron or Adelphia goes belly up, but to sign a deal knowing that this is how it's going to be going in, that is just not respecting anybody or anything.

Coming soon! Purchase naming rights by the year/month/week/day/hour!

The first hour of the game is from Jay Rubeo Panda Cage, hour two SDS Stadium, hour three Nervous Guy Insane Asylum. Post Game from CableLady/Fezmid Death Match Arena!

SHARK ATTACK AT FLORIDA STADIUM

May 14, 2009

Copyright 2009 MediaVentures

Miami, Fla. - Sharks will be everywhere at the home of the Miami Dolphins as LandShark Lager purchased naming rights to the venue. The new name is Landshark Stadium.

Landshark is brewed by Anheuser-Busch under the Margaritaville Brewing label in a deal with singer Jimmy Buffet. Buffet staged a mini-concert at the stadium as part of the announcement.

Terms of the one-season contract were not disclosed, but reports said Buffett is not paying a straight rights fee but instead will compensate the team through appearances, other marketing opportunities and potential concert performances.

So it wasn't a surprise.

Did you notice that Sun Life Financial is based in Toronto? Although sunny Miami makes sense - it's really too bad the Toronto Series didn't have a better presence. I could live with Ralph Wilson Stadium being renamed if it brought in $4million a year.

Honestly, nothing against Ralph, but I could live with it being renamed for pretty much anything.

The first hour of the game is from Jay Rubeo Panda Cage, hour two SDS Stadium, hour three Nervous Guy Insane Asylum. Post Game from CableLady/Fezmid Death Match Arena!

Hour three and hour four sound interesting.

Will there be streaming of the commercials?

http://gazetteonline.com/sports/iowa-hawke...d-shark-stadium

...This is why I call stadiums by the first thing they were called and never change. It's still Rich Stadium, Pilot Field, and Joe Robbie Stadium to me.

I dont care about this but I did laugh when I saw this from you. I do the exact same thing. Especially with those three staiums!! :thumbsup:

I guess the lesson here is be the first name and keep it for a few years and you get miles of useage from it. By the the way how many of us call Rich Stadium Ralph Wilson Stadium or Ralph Wilson Jr. Stadium? 0.00001 % ? Obviously the most used term now is the ralph. What a self important blowhard by the way if I may throw that in here.

LOL - this is how ridiculous this is getting! Instead of 15 minutes of fame, you get 15 minutes of a stadium named after you............And, I really don't care that you read the fine print last May, St. Louis, I didn't, and it is a surprise to me. And, to others that I've heard from. I heard the new name, and I'm like "you've got to be kidding - they just renamed it about 6 months ago!"........And, whether or not you knew it was coming (I guess I live under a rock, if I didn't know this!), it's still wrong. War Memorial Auditorium, Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park - those names stuck around for a while. It's ridiculous to have people try to start calling it a name if you're going to change it in 6 months.

I dont care about this but I did laugh when I saw this from you. I do the exact same thing. Especially with those three staiums!! :thumbsup:

I guess the lesson here is be the first name and keep it for a few years and you get miles of useage from it. By the the way how many of us call Rich Stadium Ralph Wilson Stadium or Ralph Wilson Jr. Stadium? 0.00001 % ? Obviously the most used term now is the ralph. What a self important blowhard by the way if I may throw that in here.

Well, you care enough to do what I do! And, this isn't something I'm a stickler about - but one football season, come on!

You're right - get the first name, keep it for a nice length of time, and the stadium name is yours.