qualified candidates to replace John Guy

RocBillsfan

Now that everyone can let a collective sigh of relief that John Guy is finally out of OBD ( unf it took much longer than any Bills fans hoped for).

1- what qualified candidates do you like/should to be considered for the job? this might be a tough question to get good answer/suggestions..

Something tells me somebody from San Diego might fit the job.. (which might not be a bad thing)

2- what is expected with Tom Modrak (any immininet firing on the horizon)?. My guess save it for another week when you need to make a PR move :thumbsup:

Buddy Nix needs all the control! He knows talent. He said, he wants to know how a player performed, in Jr high, High School,and college. No one year wonder!

if that is the case than the maintenance employees will be happy to have one less office to clean everyday for someone that did an un-spectacular job.

Now that everyone can let a collective sigh of relief that John Guy is finally out of OBD ( unf it took much longer than any Bills fans hoped for).

1- what qualified candidates do you like/should to be considered for the job? this might be a tough question to get good answer/suggestions..

Something tells me somebody from San Diego might fit the job.. (which might not be a bad thing)

2- what is expected with Tom Modrak (any immininet firing on the horizon)?. My guess save it for another week when you need to make a PR move :oops:

A scout from SD, Indy, Baltimore, NE*and the NYJ would be a good place to start looking IMO.

ETA: A Detroit scout would be great, just do the opposite of what he says! :thumbsup:

A scout from SD, Indy, Baltimore, NE*and the NYJ would be a good place to start looking IMO.

ETA: A Detroit scout would be great, just do the opposite of what he says! :thumbsup:

Matt Millen's already gone. All you have to do is find the guy on NFL Network and picture the opposite about what he's saying pertaining to the draft prospects. :oops:

modrak isn't going anywhere. he isn't, and hasn't been, the problem with drafting. its pretty apparent our FA has sucked and that "jauron guys" were being drafted every year.

obviously, I have no stats and such, but based on modrak's rep around the league, his history in philly and pitt, an the way we have hit on a multitude of undrafted FAs - greer, Peters, etc I think it speaks well for him.

Folks need to understand that Modrak was not and has not been the problem with the Bills lack or talent or just being wrong about what players are on this team. I actually hope that Nix and Modrak work out a relationship and TM stays on. Modrak is an excellent college player evaluator. He has a large amount of college football personal relationships in place that he leans on when recommending to his (TM's) management players the Bills should draft or sign as undrafted free agents.

Note that San Diego and Indy barely have any UFAs on their roster. Other than their kicker(s), I can only think of Hank Baskett in Indianapolis and a few backups in SD. For pro personnel, I'd focus on the other teams.

Folks need to understand that Modrak was not and has not been the problem with the Bills lack or talent or just being wrong about what players are on this team. I actually hope that Nix and Modrak work out a relationship and TM stays on. Modrak is an excellent college player evaluator. He has a large amount of college football personal relationships in place that he leans on when recommending to his (TM's) management players the Bills should draft or sign as undrafted free agents.

+1

Modrak is and wants to be a chief college scout. He can detail college players' strengths and weaknesses, their fit to certain schemes, their mentality, etc. That's basically what the scout has to do. He defines the players and make recommendations. With the seven-headed hydra that was the FO hierarchy, there must've naturally been confusion as to what was being built (too many cooks in the kitchen doing their own damn thing with the soup) rather than a single vision. I think they far too often deferred to Jauron's input on the draft and roster management. The single vision is now put in place, for better or worse, with Nix. Succeed or fail, we'll know exactly who to cheer or blame.

As has been well-chronicled on this site, Guy's performance has been, well... ****ty. Outside of Spikes and Sam Adams and perhaps Hangartner (maybe I'm overestimating him b/c he doesn't get pushed back into the QB's face w/in 2 seconds), it's hard for me to think of a real impact FA signing, and we can all recite a litany of complete duds.

I am less filled with venom for Modrak than most here. Last year's draft looks pretty damn good, post-Maybin (who knows, maybe the kid pans out. Way too early). For sure, Modrak's on a short leash. Now that the panel's off and some known bad circuit breakers have been removed, let's see if the one marked TM is still good before throwing it out. Pretty far into the draft process, anyway.

I vote this guy:

Dennis Abraham is the Chargers’ advance scout of opponents, who also coordinates the procurement of players during free agency, while also scouting and evaluating players in the NFL and CFL.

Abraham spent five years in the personnel department in Buffalo, helping to prepare the defensive game analysis for the Bills’ coaches. He also served as their training camp coordinator from 1998-00.

Born in Buffalo, New York, he attended Akron Central (N.Y.) HS, competing in football, basketball and baseball. He played center and tackle at Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, graduating in ’93 with a degree in sports management.

Abraham and wife, Amy, have a son, D.J.

Note-Buffalo relationship is nice, but his ties to SD are much more important.

2- what is expected with Tom Modrak (any immininet firing on the horizon)?. My guess save it for another week when you need to make a PR move :devil:

modrak is not getting fired and you can bank on that and he is not the problem. 2 of the last 4 drafts he was over ruled by DJ on our first round picks.

he wnted cushing juron wanted a pass rusher. he wanted Nagta DJ wanted a safty for his tampa 2. modrak is a great personell guy you people dont know what you are talking about.

secondly Nix and Modrak are friends and will make one great pair of personell men with decades of expirance.

its no coincedence that last year we hired Nix and then had one of our best drafts in years and had Modrak gotten his way and we draft Cushing the draft would have been one of our best ever.

Are there any 70+ year old men who have been with the organization for the last few years who Ralph can promote into the position? I'm not sure but we may be fresh out of senior citizens who have had a hand in the current sinking ship, but if someone is left he'll probably get the job because Ralph is comfortable with him....

I vote this guy:

Dennis Abraham is the Chargers’ advance scout of opponents, who also coordinates the procurement of players during free agency, while also scouting and evaluating players in the NFL and CFL.

They named their son after Dick Jauron?

Are there any 70+ year old men who have been with the organization for the last few years who Ralph can promote into the position? I'm not sure but we may be fresh out of senior citizens who have had a hand in the current sinking ship, but if someone is left he'll probably get the job because Ralph is comfortable with him....

buddy nix looks better than most 50 year olds and i bet he has more hair than you do. the guy knows his sh-t and is super qualified who gives a crap that he's 70.

if you listen to the man he is here to build the talent on this team. he will not be involved in contracts,or marketing he will be totally responsible for all football operations only . he will be responsible for acquiring collage and free agent talent and thats it anything pertaining to football..

he will pick and choose who he wants as far as our own personal and free agents and it will be up to overdorf to handle the contracts to keep the player.

call me nuts but i believe Ralph will give the go ahead $ wise for any player Nix wants to keep or free agents he wants to acquire.

we could not be in better hands personnel wise with Nix and Modrak!

lastly he made another great move today firing Guy. IMO i love the way this whole thing is going. brandon is out of the football picture ,guy is gone and we have a good HC. now if Galiey can assemble a good coaching staff then i think we will be very happy.

buddy nix looks better than most 50 year olds and i bet he has more hair than you do. the guy knows his sh-t and is super qualified who gives a crap that he's 70.

if you listen to the man he is here to build the talent on this team. he will not be involved in contracts,or marketing he will be totally responsible for all football operations only . he will be responsible for acquiring collage and free agent talent and thats it anything pertaining to football..

he will pick and choose who he wants as far as our own personal and free agents and it will be up to overdorf to handle the contracts to keep the player.

call me nuts but i believe Ralph will give the go ahead $ wise for any player Nix wants to keep or free agents he wants to acquire.

we could not be in better hands personnel wise with Nix and Modrak!

lastly he made another great move today firing Guy. IMO i love the way this whole thing is going. brandon is out of the football picture ,guy is gone and we have a good HC. now if Galiey can assemble a good coaching staff then i think we will be very happy.

I wasn't making a crack on age as much as I was on the brand of no-change "change" the Bills seem to tout....

I vote this guy:

Abraham spent five years in the personnel department in Buffalo, helping to prepare the defensive game analysis for the Bills’ coaches. He also served as their training camp coordinator from 1998-00.

Born in Buffalo, New York, he attended Akron Central (N.Y.) HS, competing in football, basketball and baseball. He played center and tackle at Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, graduating in ’93 with a degree in sports management.

Note-Buffalo relationship is nice, but his ties to SD are much more important.

Good call, dude.

2- what is expected with Tom Modrak (any immininet firing on the horizon)?. My guess save it for another week when you need to make a PR move :devil:

IMHO Modrak is not the issue. The guy is a good evaluator of talent. He doesn't pull the trigger on selections. He & Nix are cut from the same cloth - kinda. I'd like to see a list of players he was hot for and didn't get selected by the Bills.

But I think he did the best he could under the chaos in the FO. I do wish he would spend more time at OBD though. he might be a good influence. He was the guy who picked Donovan McNabb. If we want to see McN here, he's our link.

C