Why Not Vick?

PaattMaann

Why does ANYONE want Vick here? Sometimes I wonder where people come up with crap? 1st off the Guy is a d-bag and a horrible passer. 2nd, the Guy ain't a spring chicken no more, and he's not going to be able to rely on his legs for very much longer. Throw in the winter weather, small market team for a big market player and there's why thinking Vicky being a Bill is a ridiculous thought.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not Vick ?

#1- career QB rating of 75.9........thats horrible.

#2- see #1

his best fit is in Miami......he is a wildcat qb.

.....his "entertainment" factor is off the chart.

i just don't think he is a winner.

Here is where vick ranks with current qbs in terms of win pct:

Tom Brady, NE .784

Ben Roethlisberger, Pit .718

Peyton Manning, Ind .665

Donovan McNabb, Phi .645

Jake Delhomme, Car .617

Eli Manning, NYG .592

Michael Vick, Phi .575

doing it with such receiving studs as michael jenkins and peerless price. I'd say he's a good enough winner for me

Vick is very athletic but sucks as a QB. Always has, probably always will. Much the same as Kordell Stewart. That being said, a athletic running QB might very well be what Chan the Man is looking for. I would not be surprised, or upset, if that happened. If that's the direction the good ole boy connection (Buddy and Chan) want to go, then so be it. It would certainly be a change of pace if nothing else.

If nothing else, maybe Vick can provide some dog fights at halftime.

But seriously...aside from him killing dogs (and lets face it, people make mistakes, and id rather take someone killing dogs than people -ray lewis, marvin harrison, donte stallworth, rae carruth)....this guy could be had for fairly cheap, at least cheaper than a top draftd QB and has proved he can be explosive in the NFL.....why not?

Lets get over the fact that he made a mistake, he served his time in federal prison and literally paid out of his butt for his discresions...he is a playmaker, has a rocket for an arm and is not going to be out of this world expensive...why not at least sign him, keep fitzie or edwards (or both) and let them all compete for it...if Vick cant make the throws or grasp the new offense, no big deal, we have a gimmick player that can get 10 snaps a game and provide a spark

Not to mention the "mastermind" (Brandon) gives something to the fans to boost excitement and ticket sales

so guys (and gals), really, aside from killing dogs...what is so good about our current QBs that should stop us from taking a shot on Vick...even if it does cost us a 4th round pick, we could just give the eagles back the pick we got for Peters...unless hes cut and we can trick him into signing with the bills (may not be that big of a trick if there arent too many starting QB spots in the NFL next year)

Get over the McNabb lies, not happening, he will be an eagle next year and he SHOULD BE....thats like the bills trading away Jim Kelly (and yea, look up their stats, same stats for both of em, very comparable QBs and their meaning to the franchise)

so, I digress, why not Vick?

Who let the dogs out...

Seriously, besides his legs, he's not an accurate QB. Besides that, he's a major scum bag. We already have one scum bag on the team (Lynch) and don't need a worse one.

[sarcasm]I've heard of him! Sounds like a great signing!![/sarcasm]

Please...just stop.

oh yea, your right...im just throwing out random names of athletes i have heard of that Id like the bills to sign...

No, moron, i have actually been thinking about this since last year when he was reinstated...and I think the potential rewards outweigh the potential risks....risks being none....rewards being a QB who knows how to win-however he does it, with his legs, with his arm, with his head, with his dogfighting ring...I dont care, a win is a win

and thanks for your sarcasm about actual intelligent posts/topics...last I checked, this was a free board where we can post such posts as this....your a real positive addition to this thread and more importantly, board

The real issue I guess is whether we go next year with Fitz or TE. We aren't using our first three draft choices on a qb unles we are unbelievably stupid. We'll get the tackle positions filled and go for help stopping the run, and perhaps drafting with a view toward a 3-4. That being the case we can go for a "rebuilding" situation with existing signal callers or look for the available qb who we can get for a reasonable price, and who is mobile enough not to be killed in the first few games. Vick fits that bill.

He did the crime and did the time. I'd rather we go with him than Fitz or TE. After all he has already taken one team to the playoffs and seems to have made at least some contributions in Philadelphia.

Why do people keep bringing up Vick, he was not a Great QB when he was a full time QB, he does not make good decisions, Worst possible scenario would to bring in this Scum Bag, but if they do I WILL STILL SUPPORT THE TEAM LOL

Dog fightin is more popular than you think within impoverished African American communities...and yes Vick was not still a poor black boy when he was committing these atrocities, he was a well paid and respected NFL role model...but he made the critical error of hanging on to too many of his friends from the hood...and they no doubt had a hand in negatively influencing mr vick...i do believe people deserve second chances, and he seems to have turned his life around...he has "I love Jesus" Dungy vouching for him....id be willing to take a long hard look at that talent over our current bum squad of QBs

but if you cant get over the dog killing thing..thats your (and every organization who feels the same way as you) loss

I personally don't care how popular it is , so is taking/selling drugs(by all races)! Not only did he fight dogs, he tortured them and committed felonies. There are professions that forbid felonies: examples police, fire and military. IMO, he shouldn't be in the league!!

Why do people keep bringing up Vick, he was not a Great QB when he was a full time QB, he does not make good decisions, Worst possible scenario would to bring in this Scum Bag, but if they do I WILL STILL SUPPORT THE TEAM LOL

The issue is not whether Vick is better than Peyton or Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Brett Favre. The issue is whether he is better than Fitz or TE. He is and he is probably available for a reasonable price. Maybe I'm wrong...maybe Gailey will rehire AVP who will mentor TE or Fitz to the probowl...but I kind of doubt it.

Vick makes total sense here. A dynamic athlete that doesn't need a perfect line, and is capable of producing exciting plays on his own. Past and PETA protesters aside, it seems to be a fit.

...and he can't play QB. That makes him perfect for the Bills.

PTR

But seriously...aside from him killing dogs (and lets face it, people make mistakes, and id rather take someone killing dogs than people -ray lewis, marvin harrison, donte stallworth, rae carruth)....this guy could be had for fairly cheap, at least cheaper than a top draftd QB and has proved he can be explosive in the NFL.....why not?

Lets get over the fact that he made a mistake, he served his time in federal prison and literally paid out of his butt for his discresions...he is a playmaker, has a rocket for an arm and is not going to be out of this world expensive...why not at least sign him, keep fitzie or edwards (or both) and let them all compete for it...if Vick cant make the throws or grasp the new offense, no big deal, we have a gimmick player that can get 10 snaps a game and provide a spark

Not to mention the "mastermind" (Brandon) gives something to the fans to boost excitement and ticket sales

so guys (and gals), really, aside from killing dogs...what is so good about our current QBs that should stop us from taking a shot on Vick...even if it does cost us a 4th round pick, we could just give the eagles back the pick we got for Peters...unless hes cut and we can trick him into signing with the bills (may not be that big of a trick if there arent too many starting QB spots in the NFL next year)

Get over the McNabb lies, not happening, he will be an eagle next year and he SHOULD BE....thats like the bills trading away Jim Kelly (and yea, look up their stats, same stats for both of em, very comparable QBs and their meaning to the franchise)

because he's not an NFL QB

I personally don't care how popular it is , so is taking/selling drugs(by all races)! Not only did he fight dogs, he tortured them and committed felonies. There are professions that forbid felonies: examples police, fire and military. IMO, he shouldn't be in the league!!

Sure he should be in the league because he has paid his debt to society.

1. I know people that hunt. They basically kill for sport. I just don't believe the fact that they enjoy the taste of deer meat

where they just have to have it. They do it because they enjoy killing. I put these people in the same category as Vick

when it comes to the killing aspect of animals.

2. What about the lovely animals rights actvist that feels that spaying or neutering your pet is cool because it controls pet

population, but want the death penalty for people that dog fight. If you had a choice to fight a big guy or be castrated

which would you choose. I would fight the big guys myself. I guess they don't feel castration is torture...BS

The problem was the gambling portion if his activities which he has paid the price for.

I love animals but they are not people. I prioritze the crime against any man before crime against animals.

If you don't like Vick thats fine, just don't hide under the guise of loving animals because until Fido and Rex start paying taxes they will not and should not be given the same rights as people.

People are always searching for reasons to hate as opposed to searching for reason to forgive.

Vick as a QB is better than what we have but I felt he needed to look the field better and try to become more of a pure

passer. TE is to afraid to make the 20 yard pass. TE also can not play in bad weather as well. Fitz is the one to keep as a backup between the two. I would like for Brandon to use his market genious on TE to get us a 3rd or 4th rounder for him.

Do you eat ham, turkey or chicken? Read Jonathan Safron Foer's new book "Eating Animals" Pigs are tortured for fun including throwing them fully conscious into fires, Chickens have their beaks ripped off for fun. Acts far worse than anything Michael Vick and his crew did. I can't get excited over his crime. He did it, he served his time... big deal.

Actually I do eat hame turkey and chicken, but knowing what I know now about the industry, I don't get excited about what Vick did.

he has a qb rating in the mid 70s...which is terrible

he is prone to fumbles

he only really had one winning season as a professional QB

he is woefully inaccurate and does not have the speed he once did.

He is 30, which is 60 in runner years

this has become a passing league and he is not great at passing

he is a piece of human garbage who got hard off of inflicting pain on helpless animals

for the money he would cost, and make no mistake he would run 5 mil +, it is totally not worth it. here's the rub. even though you have heard of him, he is simply not good enough.

but if you cant get over the dog killing thing..thats your (and every organization who feels the same way as you) loss

:blink:

our loss, eh?

This P.O.S. may have "served his time" and may now be getting mentored by Dungy, but he's still a P.O.S.

It takes a different breed of person to behave in the manner he and his P.O.S. friends did. (Electrocuted, tortured and drowned dogs, because they didn't win him and his POS friends money.) For those of you who casually brush this off, because he can "help this organization" just shows the rest of us compassionate fans what kind of a person you are.

:thumbsup:

I swear if the Bills bring him in, there's going to be a mass exit of former faithful fans.

It's tough enough to root year after year for such a crappy product as our Bills, but hey... they're from WNY, like us, so of course we support him.

Now look at how fans reacted (myself included) upon hearing the alleged recent behavior of Lynch, taking money away from fans.

You think paying a dog torturer/killer getting paid millions of dollars in an economic depressed area like Buffalo is going to fly?