We just hired the "offensive version of Dick Jaruon"

The cast just cut up the Bills for this hire. Anybody else watching? Some of the "highlights" :doh: :

-Wood Paige said Gailey is the "offensive version of Dick Jauron, a conservative, nice guy."

-Not the best choice and that Frazier would be the better choice. Blackistone said "it used to be you hired the hot defensive co-ordinator."

-Gailey is a good OC, bad HC. His so-called experience as a HC resulted in ho-hum results. His time at Dallas was shortlived and he did "okay." He was average at best at GT and most of his seasons were 7-win seasons.

I'm trying to have an open mind and be positive but right now I'm doing this: :lol:

The cast just cut up the Bills for this hire. Anybody else watching? Some of the "highlights" :doh: :

-Wood Paige said Gailey is the "offensive version of Dick Jauron, a conservative, nice guy."

-Not the best choice and that Frazier would be the better choice. Blackistone said "it used to be you hired the hot defensive co-ordinator."

-Gailey is a good OC, bad HC. His so-called experience as a HC resulted in ho-hum results. His time at Dallas was shortlived and he did "okay." He was average at best at GT and most of his seasons were 7-win seasons.

I'm trying to have an open mind and be positive but right now I'm doing this: :lol:

Because those guys on around the horn are such football experts.

His time at Dallas was shortlived and he did "okay."

Yeah because taking over a 6-10 team and going 10-6 and 8-8 in two years, is just "OK". They went 5-11 after he was fired.

These talking heads on TV are not paid to be right. They are paid to entertain the masses, and since most of the masses don't live in WNY, they can entertain by being wise-cracking idiots mocking the small market.

There's no way to know how good the Bills will be, but I have seen nothing in Gailey's record that can be mocked intelligently.

Before you burst a vessel... take a breath and relax. Lets see who he hires as his DC and OC, strength and conditioning coach and others. Lord I hope we move away from the Martz passing offense and Tampa 2 defense.

The Bills had a few really good assistant coaches under Jauron, it was his schemes and stupidity that screwed the team.

Yeah because taking over a 6-10 team and going 10-6 and 8-8 in two years, is just "OK". They went 5-11 after he was fired.

These talking heads on TV are not paid to be right. They are paid to entertain the masses, and since most of the masses don't live in WNY, they can entertain by being wise-cracking idiots mocking the small market.

There's no way to know how good the Bills will be, but I have seen nothing in Gailey's record that can be mocked intelligently.

Yeah but he took over a star-studded team with Aikman, Smith and Sanders among others. Do we have stars at those three key positions? And that was 12 years ago too.

I'm hoping for the best but I'm preparing for the worst.

Before you burst a vessel... take a breath and relax. Lets see who he hires as his DC and OC, strength and conditioning coach and others. Lord I hope we move away from the Martz passing offense and Tampa 2 defense.

The Bills had a few really good assistant coaches under Jauron, it was his schemes and stupidity that screwed the team.

He ain't hiring an OC. He's calling the offence himself...

Yeah but he took over a star-studded team with Aikman, Smith and Sanders among others. Do we have stars at those three key positions? And that was 12 years ago too.

I'm hoping for the best but I'm preparing for the worst.

Deion starting limping around on the toe that ultimately hobbled him starting early in Gailey's first year, Smith was supposedly on his way out of the league after needing a meaningless finale in Cincinnati at the end of '97 to make it over 1,000 yards, and Aikman and Irvin had spent the overwhelming majority of their careers in a different offensive system. It's wasn't a cakewalk for him, and especially because he was met with resistance by these guys initially, who thought there wasn't much they didn't know about offense after 3 Super Bowl rings.

Gailey had big plans for Sanders on offense that were just starting to develop and were never ultimately revealed due to Deion's injury.

One thing that's also forgotten is that Irvin sliced his teammate Everett McIver with scissors during Gailey's first training camp in an argument about who was ahead of who in a line to get a haircut. Irvin's mind wasn't exactly all there every day during those years.

Now I'm not really a fan of Jauron, although it appears that way on the board, since I'm always defending him. IN his defense, he won a bunch of games without an offensive or defensive line and a horrible group of linebackers. He assembled a staff that got jobs pretty quick after they let go.

If we don't get better players, you could assemble a staff that includes Vince Lombardi, Bill Parcells, Bill Walsh and Bill Bellicheck and it still won't win squat

The cast just cut up the Bills for this hire. Anybody else watching? Some of the "highlights" :ph34r: :

I'm trying to have an open mind and be positive but right now I'm doing this: :thumbsup:

Woody Paige is a moron, and that might actually be an insult to other morons. .... Gailey is not a big name or sexy pick, but if you do your homework you'll find he's put together a solid track record in the NFL. Two years in Dallas and two trips to the playoffs - better than anything the Bills have had since Wade was here. ... and remember Belichick wasn't exactly a mastermind in Cleveland now was he????