Free Agents

Sch94

I really will not mind if Chan is the new coach, it all about the staff he and Nix put together. Im just worried about Free Agency. The BS the media feeds to people about the Bills is out of hand but many belive it. Im just worried some of these possible Free Agents will not want to come here because of all these things they have heard. And if all of these coachs are really decling us then what will the players do? I just want to hear your guys thoughts on this.

I really will not mind if Chan is the new coach, it all about the staff he and Nix put together. Im just worried about Free Agency. The BS the media feeds to people about the Bills is out of hand but many belive it. Im just worried some of these possible Free Agents will not want to come here because of all these things they have heard. And if all of these coachs are really decling us then what will the players do? I just want to hear your guys thoughts on this.

Players will come if you pay then and they think they can win.

I think they'll still be able to attract the same level of free agents that they have been. They won't get the top guys, but the Hangartners/Florences of the world are within reach. Which are the type of players Buddy Nix stated they would target anyway.

and I would say Florence was a good addition.

He finished 4th in "burn percentage" this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...t-feel-the-burn

Agree with Florence, but what, it took 3 straight years of bringing in a vet CB to get a good one. The others, whose names I cant even remember - one was a former Eagle I do recall - were cut after camp. Throw in the Dockery/Fowler/Hangartner/Triplett/other signings... our scouting team blows. They straight up f*cking blow. I mean really, when the offseason broke this team made Hangartner their #1 offseason addition. Hangartner the #1 addition? What a joke that was. What a joke this team is.

Minnesota isn't the biggest market but they have done a nice job using Free agency, the draft, and the big trade for Allen- and of course it didn't happen in a year- just like the Bills will need 2 or 3 really smart and a little lucky off-seasons to fix the mess.

There is going to be virtually noone worth anything in free agency to begin with, and it has been shown numerous times that big free agent signings are usually for the fan base more than the on-field product, because they usually don't make much of a difference... how much of an impact did Haynesworth make this year?

I think they'll still be able to attract the same level of free agents that they have been. They won't get the top guys, but the Hangartners/Florences of the world are within reach. Which are the type of players Buddy Nix stated they would target anyway.

Agree. Among the mid tier/ lower cost free agents we can find some veteran edepth and leadership. Two areas that this team is sorely lacking.

I remember that the Pats* signed a bunchof these kind of free agents the year they won their first Super Bowl.

Minnesota isn't the biggest market but they have done a nice job using Free agency, the draft, and the big trade for Allen- and of course it didn't happen in a year- just like the Bills will need 2 or 3 really smart and a little lucky off-seasons to fix the mess.

Not getting at you my friend, but how long have we all been saying these same things about our team? For myself, reality just set in and I see all of this for what it truly is. We are an organization WORSE off than the Raiders because atleast Al Davis fielded some good teams in the early part of this decade. We can't even say that.

Agree with Florence, but what, it took 3 straight years of bringing in a vet CB to get a good one. The others, whose names I cant even remember - one was a former Eagle I do recall - were cut after camp. Throw in the Dockery/Fowler/Hangartner/Triplett/other signings... our scouting team blows. They straight up f*cking blow. I mean really, when the offseason broke this team made Hangartner their #1 offseason addition. Hangartner the #1 addition? What a joke that was. What a joke this team is.

Hangartner was a good pick up. He was solid, steady and reliable.

Free agents should be used to fill in around players the team drafts to provide depth and the occasional starter when you might have a hole to fill. If you are relying on free agents to be your best players, you don't have a very good team...

How many big name free agents has Indianapolis, New England or Pittsburgh signed recently?

Not getting at you my friend, but how long have we all been saying these same things about our team? For myself, reality just set in and I see all of this for what it truly is. We are an organization WORSE off than the Raiders because atleast Al Davis fielded some good teams in the early part of this decade. We can't even say that.

You are probably right but this is the time (between the end of the season and the beginning of free agency and the draft) where I allow myself to be hopeful, then I evaluate all the things they did or didn't due and by the end of pre-season decide if I want to put any emotional energy into the team- the last two years have been no (when the Bills had a fast start two years ago I wondered if I made a mistake but I stuck to my guns and the Bills proved me right)- and there were a few hopeful signs

1. except for Maybin ( a big exception) it was a pretty good draft 2. the Bills made some in season pick ups that actually made sense (Brohm, Meredith, Incognito, Harvey) - of course the Bills had their this makes no sense moments too ( lets grab T.O. and then rip our offensive line apart so he loses all value) and of course the Maybin pick (lets take a guy who has to bulk up 20lbs to be 25lbs undersized- Travis Mays plays a couple lbs heavier than Maybin maybe we could convert him into a DE)

Free agents should be used to fill in around players the team drafts to provide depth and the occasional starter when you might have a hole to fill. If you are relying on free agents to be your best players, you don't have a very good team...

How many big name free agents has Indianapolis, New England or Pittsburgh signed recently?

Exactly. And since Nix;s specialty is drafting, hopefully he can work some magic. FAcy doesn't put teams over the top.