Has anyone confirmed Casserly story that Harbaugh offered HC?

It seems pretty clear that no one ever went broke underestimating the competence of Mr. Ralph and the FO as far as HC hiring. However, on the face of it, it seems quite unlikely that the Bills would even interview Harbaugh given the marketplace for HCs and his less than mid-flight resume (not only is he not at the level of folks like Shanahan and even Cowher the Bills reportedly either talked to or flirted with, but he does not even have the resume of the DCs the Bills have interviewed (Frazier interview is publicly acknowledged) or flirted with (Grimm and Schottenheimer have publicly refused).

It seems pretty far out simply that the Bills somehow interviewed Harbaugh and it remained below the radar and simply flat out ridiculous that they made him an HC offer (either with this surprising interview or even more oddly without an interview) which he then turned down.

Has anyone remotely confirmed this notiopn.

It seems pretty clear that no one ever went broke underestimating the competence of Mr. Ralph and the FO as far as HC hiring. However, on the face of it, it seems quite unlikely that the Bills would even interview Harbaugh given the marketplace for HCs and his less than mid-flight resume (not only is he not at the level of folks like Shanahan and even Cowher the Bills reportedly either talked to or flirted with, but he does not even have the resume of the DCs the Bills have interviewed (Frazier interview is publicly acknowledged) or flirted with (Grimm and Schottenheimer have publicly refused).

It seems pretty far out simply that the Bills somehow interviewed Harbaugh and it remained below the radar and simply flat out ridiculous that they made him an HC offer (either with this surprising interview or even more oddly without an interview) which he then turned down.

Well Casserly was right in selecting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. :wallbash:

More importantly, no one has denied it, including Harbaugh.

Since it is fairly impossible to get reporting from third parties that something did not occur, my sense is that only folks who can credibly deny this are:

The Bills who seem to be pretty reluctant to say much at all about the search

Harbaugh who (or his friends) seem likely to have made up this story if it is a fiction.

My guess absent third party confirmation is that this is a fantasy which serve to get Harbaugh's name in conversation.

These clowns, Schefter, Mortensen, Clayton, Florio and Casserly are all falling over themselves to one up each other. We can bet soon that Adam Schefter is reporting that John Clayton knows what Mort had for lunch.

These clowns, Schefter, Mortensen, Clayton, Florio and Casserly are all falling over themselves to one up each other. We can bet soon that Adam Schefter is reporting that John Clayton knows what Mort had for lunch.

Good point. I liked it when it was just Mort and Clayton. Now it's just a race to get on the ticker saying "XXXX reports blah blah blah ..." Schefter is, by far, the worst of the bunch.

What has Schefter said that's wrong? Is Cowher our head coach?

He's an arrogant little punk and I just can't stand the sight of him. He reports things that anyone can deduce. It's like a weatherman in Florida predicting it will be hazy, hot and humid in July. I don't care if he can predict the exact date and time that the Bills name their coach. I just don't like the guy.

More importantly, no one has denied it, including Harbaugh.

But what's the percentage in it for Harbaugh to deny it?

I'm not saying it's not true, but I'll be interested to hear the rest of the story after Nix does land his big fish.

It's a good question. I doubt Harbaugh was interviewed.

:wallbash: And, maybe the story is that Harbaugh turned down a request to be interviewed rather than turned down being asked to be head coach.

As noted in other posts, the only way you offer a guy a job after an interview is when the guy gives every indication that he wants the job. So, I am thinking he either said no to the interview or this story that has not taken off anywhere else is pure BS.

He's an arrogant little punk and I just can't stand the sight of him. He reports things that anyone can deduce. It's like a weatherman in Florida predicting it will be hazy, hot and humid in July. I don't care if he can predict the exact date and time that the Bills name their coach. I just don't like the guy.

I agree... when he went to ESPN he just became another Disney Dwarf. He forgot what he used to do and became a shill for the network.

Factoring the juicy tidbit that Jim Kelly and Jim Harbaugh had a very dubious relationship - should have been mentioned. If Kelly has ANYTHING to do with the Bill's head coaching process, there's seems a ZERO chance they offered him the job.

At the end of career as a player, Kelly questioned his toughness while working for ESPN. Harbaugh confronted and slugged him, hurting his hand and losing multiple games of playing time. Kelly questioned this even happening, however...

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-67853231.html

It is very odd that the Bay Area media has said zero on this. Not a peep outside of a little blurb Saturday that just reported on the story being reported. They would normally say something. The football writers out here are all in touch and well connected and respected around the league. They would say something.

Also, here is the Stanford site:

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/...ootbl-body.html

Not one word about this. Don't you think that if an NFL team came calling and tried to poach your HC it would merit some notice or comment? This just seems very odd.