Anyone Else Hear What Quadry Ismael Said

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was asked what the heck has happened to this once proud franchise when they get turned down by the likes of a college coach from Stanford. Ismael's response was pretty much what we all knew but had never heard anyone say. He said the NFL is a very tight knit unit and it is widely regarded by players and coaches alike that Buffalo has no commitment to winning. He basically said that the front office is not committed to winning and there is no word that rings louder in the NFL than commitment.

So, basically, I heard what many have suspected over the past few years.............

And it took someone with the little bit of credentials of Ismail to say that for you to know it? That has been the word around the NFL, the Bills Fans (at least the realistic ones) and anyone watches football, for a few years now. There are only 32 prestigious head coaching positions in the league, that pay you millions of dollars and the Bills are getting turned down by just about everyone they ask, even young coordinators that would give their left nut for a chance to be a head coach. Maybe Ralph isn't as dumb as he appears and saw this coming last year, that is why he extended Jauron despite knowing it was a bad move. He finally caved in under fan and media pressure to get rid of DJ, and now is stuck with paying him for 2 more years, which makes a tightwad like Ralph, very unhappy. The reality is, us Bills fans are in a no win situation, as long as Ralph is alive, the Bills will suck and when he is gone, we may lose the team. The team is a joke, and when you think about it, that organization who stills sells out games, season tickets, memorabilia, merchandise, with little effort for winning results, is kinda making its fanbase look like a joke too.

I think this is all b.s. Wilson hired Donahoe who had a strong track record. Donahoe made a bunch of bad decisions, and also had some decent drafts. He then thought that Marv would be a good GM, which might have been a good decision. Marv hired the wrong coach. Mistakes were made. We have never been nearly as bad as the Lions, and there are a bunch of really bad teams out there.

I just heard somebody say that the Minnesota OL has played together for 2 years, no injuries. Our injuries have killed us the last 3 years.

I have faith that we will get a good coach soon, and after watching the Jets, they can keep Schottenheimer. I'd take either Frazier or Rivera today.

Still would rather have Marty.

If this organization was committed to winning we would have been to the playoffs in the last ten years,or at least not been the abortion that we have been, Buffalo is a great city, the Buffalo fans are the greatest in the world, the Sabres are looking real promising, but the bills are a JOKE from their owner to the waterboys! Get rid of them for all I care,Ralph Wilson you suck balls!

With free agency, 12 team playoffs, and the general balance of the league, the fact that the Lions and Bills are the only 2 teams out of 32 to not make the playoffs in a decade speaks volumes about the organization's commitment to putting a winning product on the field. The big changes since the last Bills playoff team have been

• firing John Butler (who took most of the scouting department and front office with him) and complete overhaul under TD
  • firing Tom Donahoe with temporary hiring of Marv Levy, Dick Jauron
  • firing Dick Jauron with promotion of Buddy Nix and ?

It's probably not just a coincidence that the first bullet -- which amounted to gutting of the FO and coaching -- has had far more impact (for the worse) than the other two "shake ups", which preserved the majority of the structure intact.

Sometimes patience is just a polite way of saying there is a stubborn refusal to admit that the status quo isn't getting it done.

Edit: At least with the Lions, the firing of Matt Millen (precipitated by Bill Ford publicly saying he'd fire Millen if he could) could be seen as a move in a different direction for Detroit. In the Bills case, the change was a bit of musical chairs with titles.

The Bills and Lions, by the way, both blew it up the same year, hiring Donahoe and Millen, resp.

I think this is all b.s. Wilson hired Donahoe who had a strong track record. Donahoe made a bunch of bad decisions, and also had some decent drafts. He then thought that Marv would be a good GM, which might have been a good decision. Marv hired the wrong coach. Mistakes were made. We have never been nearly as bad as the Lions, and there are a bunch of really bad teams out there.

I just heard somebody say that the Minnesota OL has played together for 2 years, no injuries. Our injuries have killed us the last 3 years.

I have faith that we will get a good coach soon, and after watching the Jets, they can keep Schottenheimer. I'd take either Frazier or Rivera today.

Loadholt is a rookie.

To say the organization has made no committment is a load of crap, and Ismael is just flapping his gums with an opinion - to sound like he knows the scoop.

Have the Bills made bad personel decisions? Yes...repeatedly....no question, but to say the organization isn't committed to winning - or finding a way to win is nonsense.

Its not what an organization says, its what they do. This team has never been about winning a Superbowl (with the exception of the Polian years when he forced Ralph to "spend money to make money". Once Polian left, it was back to the penny pinching ways. They will make a big signing here and there to keep the fans happy, but they do not run this team like the truly competitive teams do. Ralph likes to make all the final decisions even though he has no idea what he is doing. His money man is the one who refuses to sign the best player, but its Modrak, Guy and Jauron who get scapegoated. People on this board complain about people having an inferiority complex. The real problem is the Ralph is the one with the inferiority complex. He believes that the Bills are small market and cannot compete financially, so he doesn't even try. He just hires a marketing genius to run the team, polish the turd and sell it to the masses.

Ralph needs to sell the team and let it move forward. I don't believe the team will ever leave Buffalo. I believe the can make money and I believe they can be successful again. Ralph and his cronies are the problem.

And it took someone with the little bit of credentials of Ismail to say that for you to know it? That has been the word around the NFL, the Bills Fans (at least the realistic ones) and anyone watches football, for a few years now. There are only 32 prestigious head coaching positions in the league, that pay you millions of dollars and the Bills are getting turned down by just about everyone they ask, even young coordinators that would give their left nut for a chance to be a head coach. Maybe Ralph isn't as dumb as he appears and saw this coming last year, that is why he extended Jauron despite knowing it was a bad move. He finally caved in under fan and media pressure to get rid of DJ, and now is stuck with paying him for 2 more years, which makes a tightwad like Ralph, very unhappy. The reality is, us Bills fans are in a no win situation, as long as Ralph is alive, the Bills will suck and when he is gone, we may lose the team. The team is a joke, and when you think about it, that organization who stills sells out games, season tickets, memorabilia, merchandise, with little effort for winning results, is kinda making its fanbase look like a joke too.

No, it did not take Ismael's comments to make me think this but it is certainly the first time I have heard it mentioned nationally.

Talk to a bunch of coaches that were just fired from their job and I'm sure they'll have nothing but glowing things to say about the franchise. :thumbsup: I just love how the words of former, disgruntled employees carries more wieght than people still working for the team.

When did Ismail work for the Bills?

When did Ismail work for the Bills?

Hey, one poster who knows how to spell the douchebags name right. Just goes to show how much Qadry Ismail is respected by football fans when practically no one knows how to spell his name. Up yours Quatray Ismeel!!!

I am also a SEC/Gator fan. The Bills remind me of South Carolina. In a good league, enjoy the tailgating etc but no real chance of competing for the championship

Wasn't the cap supposed to solve this? Seems a solid business with a good businessman like Ralph is being hurt by the current environment that exists in the NFL.

Sanctioned collusion is what the league has become since instituting the salary cap.

already posted - already disregarded - quadry ismael???????? please - just another idiot with an opinion to try and make himself look good.

Right...

He's and idiot cause he's SO wrong about The Bills current situation...And he's just trying to make a name for himself by lying about The Bills Organization...Right... :thumbsup:

Wake up...I'm not saying the guy knows squat but it's pretty obvious this Franchise is becoming one of the worst in the NFL...So whether or not Ismael has credibility, he's probably right about this one... :wallbash:

Amen brother. Amen to that. :thumbsup:

It is because the NFL is going down one road (a direction I do not like)... And the BFLO Bills are still old-school. It is the establishment that is eating the Bills up.

So how do the Packers succeed year after year? They're the definition of small market, do not have the operating income most big teams have, yet still continue to make the playoffs. How does Indianapolis do it either?

The difference between winning and losing is management. Smaller markets have a less margin of error, but in the case of GB, they draft and use UFA extremely well. Buffalo does not have the front office leadership and management capable of adapting and succeeding in the 21st century NFL.

But because most on TBD do not manage others, nor ever will, thy can't comprehend that individual decisions can adversely affect so much. No team is absolutely perfect, but when you miss on numerous first rounders, sign bad UFA's, and hire inept HC's, expect to go ofer the decade.

To say the organization has made no committment is a load of crap, and Ismael is just flapping his gums with an opinion - to sound like he knows the scoop.

Have the Bills made bad personel decisions? Yes...repeatedly....no question, but to say the organization isn't committed to winning - or finding a way to win is nonsense.

Wow, some people just can't stand to hear the truth. Load of crap, huh? We are the Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, and all other teams everyone looked down on.

The proof is in the pudding. Just look at the players/FO personal this team has fired/let walk/never paid. Polian, AJ Smith, Pat Williams, Sueing Wade after firing him, thats just the FO. Commitment to winning includes putting petty differences aside for the betterment of the team.