"Housecleaning turns into reorganizing basement"

bigskyfan

When DJ got fired, Ralph Wilson promised a housecleaning job where "the organization will be examined from top to bottom."

Apparently only the cellar got cleaned out as the bills front office, the group of brandon, modrak, guy, et al, are not going to be touched. Brandon get promoted, they put a new "face" out by moving buddy nix around. But the decision makers who are responsible for player personnal and who failed miserably will be here next year.

It doesn't matter who the HC is, we are being dished up the same old soap, that never got the house clean.

When DJ got fired, Ralph Wilson promised a housecleaning job where "the organization will be examined from top to bottom."

Apparently only the cellar got cleaned out as the bills front office, the group of brandon, modrak, guy, et al, are not going to be touched. Brandon get promoted, they put a new "face" out by moving buddy nix around. But the decision makers who are responsible for player personnal and who failed miserably will be here next year.

It doesn't matter who the HC is, we are being dished up the same old soap, that never got the house clean.

Welcome - once you admit this to be true, you will feel liberated...free to do what you want to do and enjoy football for the entertainment it is.

Have you noticed that nobody wants to work for Ralph Wilson? What's the point of firing everyone when you can't replace them?

PTR

I can't believe there are not good personnel guys that would love to take a shot at rebuilding a team, unfortunately, "me & Russ, we didn't know any of them"

John Guy's contract ends in May. Modrak and Nix should be making the personnel decisions.

Fine, but by May the majority of the pro personnel decisions have been made. Unless of course you count scouring the waiver wire or street FA list for the next retread.

Bills fans figured when Jauron was fired that a true housecleaning was coming. It hasn't nor will it happen because no one can fire anyone without Ralph's approval. Ergo, Modrak, Guy, Overdorf, et al will remain until the bitter end.

Fine, but by May the majority of the pro personnel decisions have been made. Unless of course you count scouring the waiver wire or street FA list for the next retread.

Bills fans figured when Jauron was fired that a true housecleaning was coming. It hasn't nor will it happen because no one can fire anyone without Ralph's approval. Ergo, Modrak, Guy, Overdorf, et al will remain until the bitter end.

My point was that Guy likely won't be involved anymore, even though he hasn't been fired.

My point was that Guy likely won't be involved anymore, even though he hasn't been fired.

Is he shoveling snow or some other inane duty in the interim? Why retain his services if he's not going to be involved. For goodness sakes, he's the VP of Pro Personnel not scouting the Yukon Territory.

I'm not saying he's horrible, because DJ had more say on personnel that we'd care to admit/believe sometimes, but this whole franchise needs a fresh start. Instead, we're getting yesterday's repackaged leftovers.

Have you noticed that nobody wants to work for Ralph Wilson? What's the point of firing everyone when you can't replace them?

PTR

That may be true.

But, it could be argued that it is a bit of a circular argument. Assuming Ralph had a clear succession plan and the future of the franchise wasn't just "what do I care, I'll be dead" (in other words imaging that all things were equal -- and they aren't, which is why your point is sadly true), then a true house cleaning could actually bring in very good people that would in turn bring in other good people because they'd realize they are really only as good as the people they surround themselves with. Cleveland has shown that a town in the rust belt can attract "big names". They've hired a number of "big names" recently (not just Holmgren). Pittsburgh has shown it is possible to maintain an elite team in the area and collect talent at all levels.

Ralph never said he "was GOING TO clean house". He said he would EVALUATE the entire operation. Then all the kiddies ASSUME that means EVERYONE WILL BE FIRED. Then we end up with a fan base that is pissed at Ralph when in reality they should be pissed at themselves for ASSUMING things that simply are not true or was never the case to begin with.

You are born with a brain.........use it.

Why do you people constantly try to make Guy and Modrak the whipping boys .................They dont have Ralphs ear ....They never did they just provide football analysis ....................Overdorf , Brandon & Littman with some help fromJauron are the Ralph players when it came to decision making...................You think that Modrak created the Wade Phillips fiasco........or Mularkey or Greg Williams ...................No its Brandon the front man for Ralph........You think Guy decided that we should go after lets say TO for instance .......NO it was Brandon..................Dont try to Blame the people that actually evaluate Football players with the people who decide what football players to go after(who by the way dont know crap about talent)...................If Overdorf(who does contracts) or Brandon(I guess Marketing) knew what they was doing..They wouldnt have given a L.Guard 49mill,R.Tackel 25 mill while there best player wasJason Peters who was playing at a all-pro level then during levy tenure......Did Guy & Modrak do that .............No a football person would know that you if over pay for less talent your better talent will get PISSED, heck makes sense if that happened to me I would be pissed.People was really surprised when Peters , Pat Williams generally nice guys was all of a sudden Pissed.................When Modrak was GM at Philly they always locked up there better players .........Overdorf & Brando felt that it was good to pay DOCKERY of all people STEVE HUTCHINSON money ...................no gentlemen & ladies...............................THE PROBLEM IS RALPH, BRANDON & OVERDORF.................football people dont want NON-Football people controlling the Purse-Strings

Is he shoveling snow or some other inane duty in the interim? Why retain his services if he's not going to be involved. For goodness sakes, he's the VP of Pro Personnel not scouting the Yukon Territory.

I'm not saying he's horrible, because DJ had more say on personnel that we'd care to admit/believe sometimes, but this whole franchise needs a fresh start. Instead, we're getting yesterday's repackaged leftovers.

Why fire him if his contract is up in a few months? Tell him to take an extended vacation and good luck with his next job.