Sam Adams

I am incredibly impressed with the way Sam Adams has played since getting benched two months ago. Is there a better playing defensive tackle in the AFC right now? I think Big Sam is making his case for a starter in the pro bowl. Like him or not, the guy is playing out of mind.

I am incredibly impressed with the way Sam Adams has played since getting benched two months ago.  Is there a better playing defensive tackle in the AFC right now?  I think Big Sam is making his case for a starter in the pro bowl.  Like him or not, the guy is playing out of mind.

128015[/snapback]

We were actually laughing out loud today at how he was owning the Rams offensive line. That was a great performance today.

I am incredibly impressed with the way Sam Adams has played since getting benched two months ago.  Is there a better playing defensive tackle in the AFC right now?  I think Big Sam is making his case for a starter in the pro bowl.  Like him or not, the guy is playing out of mind.

128015[/snapback]

I sure hope he goes, he really is unstoppable when he plays 100%. His quickness is incredible for such a large man but what really sets him apart is his hands. If you focus in on him he has some of the quickest hands in the NFL. Nearly impossible for a lineman to block him when he wins the hand battle right after the snap.

An overlooked play in this game, perhaps the biggest play of the game in fact, was Sam Adams making that awesome burst into the backfield and smothering Faulk (maybe Jackson?) on 3rd and less than a yard. Then the following play was Clements long punt return for the TD I believe, which broke the game open.

An overlooked play in this game, perhaps the biggest play of the game in fact, was Sam Adams making that awesome burst into the backfield and smothering Faulk (maybe Jackson?) on 3rd and less than a yard. Then the following play was Clements long punt return for the TD I believe, which broke the game open.

128042[/snapback]

It seems like in the last four wins, there is one play that he makes that does turn the game around. He is very consistent in his play. Even when the defense sucked last week, we was the one shining point that we had.

That benching/outburst actually got the coaching staff to STOP wasting his talents.  Too bad it was 5 games too late.  They sure could have used him playing in that capacity from the beginning.

128092[/snapback]

You know I didn't see it that way at the time but you're right. His skill as a pocket disrupter is something we've only seen since the benching. He was right :( . That man can flat out play when he's driven!

its true - since he was benched for edwards he has been on fire. the announcers really keyed on him in replays and he was just unstoppable.

pick your poison - you can only choose to double him or big pat....but not both. this type of play also frees up our backers to fly to the ball.

a great team effort today.

You know I didn't see it that way at the time but you're right. His skill as a pocket disrupter is something we've only seen since the benching. He was right  :( . That man can flat out play when he's driven!

128095[/snapback]

He's been driven for a long time. It's just that prior to that, he was being told to stay home and clog lanes, i.e. taking one for the team. He just got fed up with it, let his opinion be known, and the team as a whole is the better for it. Now if someone on the O-line would just...

i don't think so. i've never seen anyone, especially a player his size, as quick off the ball as sam adams. I've never understood the criticism of him by a few on this board. not so much recently, but earlier. Someone actually called for him to be cut after that game where he slammed his helmet down. Idiocy.

Werent you guys KILLING Sam Adams just 2 weeks ago and now you want him starting in the Pro Bowl?      Do you think Drew should be starting QB too?

128123[/snapback]

Nope. Some were I guess but I've supported his play since he came here and it has gotten better this year, despite the one incident early in the season.

Werent you guys KILLING Sam Adams just 2 weeks ago and now you want him starting in the Pro Bowl?      Do you think Drew should be starting QB too?

128123[/snapback]

Times do change. Adams played like a slug early on, and nobody was happy. He turned it on, and now we're back on his side. Is it THAT hard to imagine?

128015[/snapback]

Has he made it to the EZ yet?

:blink:

He's been driven for a long time.  It's just that prior to that, he was being told to stay home and clog lanes, i.e. taking one for the team.  He just got fed up with it, let his opinion be known, and the team as a whole is the better for it.  Now if someone on the O-line would just...

128108[/snapback]

That's the same stevestojan that got Ruben Brown driven out of town.

BTW, I'm aware that he sucked so bad he made the PB all those years and was/is close to Cantonization!

128042[/snapback]

While Adams finished the play, it was really made by Jeff Posey. Posey finally manned up and got some upfield momentum, which slowed the play to a crawl. A good play all around.