[SUW] Favorite Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies Character

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Who was the best?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Other than Bugs Bunny, who was your favorite character?

• Daffy Duck
    • Porky Pig
    • Yosemite Sam
    • Road Runner
    • Wile E. Coyote
    • Tweety Bird
    • Sylvester the Cat
    • Foghorn Leghorn
    • Marvin the Martian
    • Speedy Gonzalez
    • Elmer J. Fudd
    • Pepe Le Pew
    • Tazmanian Devil
    • Other

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gots to be Daffy. have you seen "Duck Amuck"? holy hell that's good stuff. Plus the entire concept of the character was a giant in joke against Leon Schlesinger (the guy in charge of WB animation at the time--he was spastic and spoke with a lisp). Character is just one big giant subversive injoke...got to love it

What is that avatar, anyway?

The Looney Tunes characters are what make Space Jam so good of a movie other than Dan Aykroyd (if you do not understand this watch the movie again).

Lola Bunny would have been a good addition to cast if Looney Tunes had made more movies and cartoons other than the dumbing down of it for children TV. Duck Dodgers is only cartoon worthy of Looney Tunes since Space Jam.

And yes I am the other genius who voted for Wiley.

The Looney Tunes characters are what make Space Jam so good of a movie other than Dan Aykroyd (if you do not understand this watch the movie again).

Lola Bunny would have been a good addition to cast if Looney Tunes had made more movies and cartoons other than the dumbing down of it for children TV. Duck Dodgers is only cartoon worthy of Looney Tunes since Space Jam.

And yes I am the other genius who voted for Wiley.

Warner Brothers discontinued its animation studio (and sold off all the 7 minute shorts) before the whole saturday morning cartoon thing hit. The dumb stuff you may be thinking about are crass cash ins produced in the late 80s-mid 90s. though "Box Office Bunny from 1990 isn't half bad. But most were produced after the death of all the original directors and Mel Blanc, which make them Looney Toons in name only.

Duck Dodgers was produced in 1953. Space Jam in 1996

Linking to your favorite cartoons on Youtube is of course encouraged!

I only like the OLD stuff. It was funny if you were a kid or an adult, and half the jokes were aimed three feet over the little one's heads.

You know it is humor when everyone laughs at the same joke for different reasons.

I voted for the Martian, BTW. :wallbash: Elmer was a close second; I kept thinking about Robin Williams doing Elmer Fudd doing the Pointer Sisters rendition of "Fire"! LOL