Anyone think Willis is 100% healthy?

Kelly the Dog

I, for one, am not sure. I would say he is about 90%. But this is the first time that I saw him turn it on and he ran by guys with a sudden burst of speed, which was a great sign. Even though that was a stupid, ticky-tack penalty on Evans, that was one awesome run by Willis. He's just about back. I would say by the beginning of next year he will be completely 100%. Up until this time, I wouldn't have thought that for sure. And it is tough to say.

I honestly think he's has good as he's going to get. Everybody keeps saying how it took Edge X months to get his burst back, but I don't think he's the same player now he was before the injury, nor will he ever be.

Willis is a very good back who can bust it around the edge at times, but I don't think he'll ever be as fast as he was befoer the injury, nor do I think he's ever going to be noticeably faster than he is right now.

Cya

I honestly think he's has good as he's going to get. Everybody keeps saying how it took Edge X months to get his burst back, but I don't think he's the same player now he was before the injury, nor will he ever be.

Willis is a very good back who can bust it around the edge at times, but I don't think he'll ever be as fast as he was befoer the injury, nor do I think he's ever going to be noticeably faster than he is right now.

Cya

127896[/snapback]

You may be right. It will be interesting to watch. What is seemingly clear to me, however, is that he is a lot faster than he was two months ago. Perhaps he hit a ceiling, but I dont think so.

Cya

Edge ran for 200 yards today.

Cya

127896[/snapback]

I don't know. I've seen Indy a bunch this year (and last) and I think Edge looks noticeably faster and more explosive right now than he did twelve months ago. He was a tough runner last year, but didn't really have a burst. I was stunned by his burst in the Pats game to start the season, and every time I've seen him since, he looks just as good.

He has more than enough 'speed' now. Any back that can break off 20+ Yard runs is fast enough. 

I'm with you ice. I think he's probably a little quicker than the beginning of the year. What's improved greatly is his vision. He's getting outside and hitting the holes better which lends to him using his speed better. If he's not 100% now, i really can't wait to see what he is when he gets there.

guys need to understand something, he is BIGGER than when at UM. he will be slowing down some.

He has more than enough 'speed' now. Any back that can break off 20+ Yard runs is fast enough.

127995[/snapback]

Ice is right. He is a bigger back now but guys don't be deceived by what appears to be a "slow" moving inividual. Watch the (should have been) touchdown run again and notice the speed down the sideline. He has long and fluid strides. I would bet that right now even that when he gets to the second level he's going at somewhere between 4.35 and 4.4 which is plenty fast enough. I think when he gets the opportunity he will show that he can not be caught from behind by most players.

Ice is right. He is a bigger back now but guys don't be deceived by what appears to be a "slow" moving inividual. Watch the (should have been) touchdown run again and notice the speed down the sideline. He has long and fluid strides. I would bet that right now even that when he gets to the second level he's going at somewhere between 4.35 and 4.4 which is plenty fast enough. I think when he gets the opportunity he will show that he can not be caught from behind by most players.

128021[/snapback]

He was always pretty big, and bigger than most people thought. And since he couldn't run full speed for a long time while he rehabed, he worked out on weights for a year. A lot of the weight is in his upper and not lower body. He wouldn't lose any speed because he is a few pounds bigger. He is just stronger, which is why he has impressed people with his power even though he always possessed a nice amount.

He was always pretty big, and bigger than most people thought. And since he couldn't run full speed for a long time while he rehabed, he worked out on weights for a year. A lot of the weight is in his upper and not lower body. He wouldn't lose any speed because he is a few pounds bigger. He is just stronger, which is why he has impressed people with his power even though he always possessed a nice amount.

128039[/snapback]

Ok well according to the roster he weighs about 10 lbs more now than in college. Believe me I saw him plenty as a Cuse fan :( He probably is indeed a bit slower than in college but he's got plenty of speed to succeed. :D