Lynch is a top 5 back in the NFL

Lynch is going to be a great back in this league i just think he has gotten a bad rap. I am a huge lynch supporter and do not want him to leave anytime soon. He put on a lot of weight this offseason and wasn't accustomed to playing with the extra pounds. Him and freddy j are a great duo and behind a decent o-line they could be the best duo in the league. I dont understand why people wanna trade him, what are we gonna get for him a 3rd round pick? And we would have to replace him in the the draft bc last time i checked we dont have a 3rd rb. All this TGI fridays, and stealing 20 bucks stuff is a bunch a bull. The TGI fridays thing is a guy who is a racist cop's wife, and if marshawn did take someone's 20 bucks at the mall why didnt this person say anything sooner, pretty suspicious that it was the day after the tgi fridays thing came out.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With Lynch and Jackson we have the best backfield in the NFL.

When the OL protected even halfway decently for Trent we were lighting this league up.

Would you rather have Ray "I kill snitches" Lewis?

Lynch likes to have a little fun. So what?

Edwards + Lynch + Jackson + anyway decent OL = Long playoff run.

Well, you have been a member of this board for almost two weeks, and we are already impressed with your rapier wit.

You were kidding, right?

If not, sit down before you fall down.

Ouch.

Long time fan, first time poster.

I'm definitely a homer, but it beats being miserable.

If miserable is seeing things for what they are, then color us all clinically depressed.

There is no way in holy scoldering hell that you have ever watched a down of football in your life. You obviously eat paint, now please go away....

We certainly wouldn't have a "Pop Warner" offense, that's for sure. The two things I like about the jets offense was how they use motion and the misdirection running plays they run. Compare that to AVP, how many different running plays did we run. maybe 3? The toss, straight up the gut, and that shotgun hand-off are all I can think of right now.

We never said that the Bills fans was the sharpest tool in the tool shed

If miserable is seeing things for what they are, then color us all clinically depressed.

There is no way in holy scoldering hell that you have ever watched a down of football in your life. You obviously eat paint, now please go away....

Speaking as someone who has been a Bills fan all my life, but only lived close enough to RWS to go to games the last 2 years, I will NEVER give up on my Bills.

Having played football for 4 years in HS and 4 years in College I think I know a little more than a random person on the street.

Have a nice day.

I'd be happy with Jackson's productivity if HE were the first rounder. His D3 past almost relegates him to being a 'cute' feel good story. The guy rarely makes the wrong decision- he is a stud, athletically and mentally. Lynch carries guys, looks real heroic at times, but he isn't half the back FJ is.

So you're not impressed with Bill Gates' billions of dollars because he didn't graduate from college?

So you're not happy with Jackson's productivity because he played D3?

Pardon me for saying so but it's not clear what you're saying.

By the way, what the hell has happened to this board in the last few weeks?

I think he's saying that if Fred Jackson was a first round pick and had shown us what we've seen so far, that he'd be very happy with the results of the pick. The fact that he we dug him out of a slag heap just makes it all the more impressive.

So you're not impressed with Bill Gates' billions of dollars because he didn't graduate from college?

So you're not happy with Jackson's productivity because he played D3?

Pardon me for saying so but it's not clear what you're saying.

By the way, what the hell has happened to this board in the last few weeks?

I think he's saying that if Fred Jackson was a first round pick and had shown us what we've seen so far, that he'd be very happy with the results of the pick. The fact that he we dug him out of a slag heap just makes it all the more impressive.

Thank you Simon. Exactly. HE being the running back that is better than the first rounder named in the subject of this thread.

Thank you Simon. Exactly. HE being the running back that is better than the first rounder named in the subject of this thread.

Lot of folks like to talk about this Beast Mode stuff, but Jackson is a flat out freaking warrior. I actually worry about his health some times because he's so heedless and makes no effort to protect himself. Since he got here he's absorbed a bunch of killshots that would have put lesser backs on the shelf. I'd like to see him around here for several years and then walk away from the game with his faculties intact. If he has to get to the turf a little quicker to do that, he'll hear no complaint from me.

See, that's the thing about RBs. They're a dime a dozen and their careers are short. IMO you should never invest that much in a RB. Find yourself a Fred Jackson (or a Chester Taylor, or a Pierre Thomas, etc) and give him the absolute best offensive line in the league. You'll be amazed at the results. IMO teams are investing way too much in the concept of a 'stud' running back, when Denver's old approach really showed the best way to do it. Whether it was Terrell Davis, Clinton Portis, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, or Rueben Droughns, their running game was successful behind those great offensive lines.

Speaking as someone who has been a Bills fan all my life, but only lived close enough to RWS to go to games the last 2 years, I will NEVER give up on my Bills.

Having played football for 4 years in HS and 4 years in College I think I know a little more than a random person on the street.

Have a nice day.

What is your agenda?

Lot of folks like to talk about this Beast Mode stuff, but Jackson is a flat out freaking warrior. I actually worry about his health some times because he's so heedless and makes no effort to protect himself. Since he got here he's absorbed a bunch of killshots that would have put lesser backs on the shelf. I'd like to see him around here for several years and then walk away from the game with his faculties intact. If he has to get to the turf a little quicker to do that, he'll hear no complaint from me.

Fj seems to have the ability to leave tacklers with a small window, even if he gets popped. Thurman was like that, he'd angle, squirm, rotate his chest/head/knees away from a direct hit. I hope he has a long career here, he is everything we want on this team, imho.

Have a nice day.

baahhaahaaa!!!!!!! :censored:

I hope you wear a helmet in life.

Have a nice day.

What happened? Did you pursue the sport? Please, why cut your autobiography short? I was intrigued. I want to know if you made it man.

When the OL protected even halfway decently for Trent we were lighting this league up.

I agree. Maybe not top five, and you might get ripped for that but he is def talented. To trade him away for a 3rd or 4th round pick like most people now want is down right dumb. You are not going to get a player of his caliber in the 3rd or 4th. We just need to hope he cleans his act up a bit. What did people expect. this guy is a straight thug from Oakland Cal. I disagree with Trent, he is god awful.

Lynch is Travis Henry part Deux. Hard straight ahead runner. No vision for holes. Can't catch well. No blocking. Lots of off field legal problems. Travis had more babies though.

He actually is a much much better blocker than Fred Jackson. I have seen Fred get killed in pass protection where Lynch holds his ground.

His off-field antics aside, Marshawn's on-field lack of smarts is what concerns me the most. He's not a rookie anymore, yet he still hasn't learned how to read blitzes and pick them up accordingly. Even little things, like staying inbounds to keep the clock ticking when you have the lead at the end of the game, he doesn't seem to get.

(I suppose I'll cut him some slack for rarely playing with the lead, but I digress...)

I was at the Bills game against Carolina, and there we were with the lead and time winding down. Gotta keep that clock ticking...Marshawn runs off left tackle, and GOES OUT OF BOUNDS.

Think Marshawn. Think.

A Bills fan a few rows up from me shouted "FOOTBALL 101 MARSHAWN". This isn't rocket science.

so when Marshawn learns the basics of football, learns to hit the hole hard, learns to pick up blitzes, stops dropping easy passes, and maybe even starts to behave himself off the field, then I'll give some thought to whether or not he's a top 5 back in this league. In the mean time the topic is borderline laughable.

:thumbdown:

:sick::doh::w00t::sick::lol::thumbdown:

You are what is wrong with this team. Thinking these things.

Forget these "so-called" character issues. The lawsuit has already been dropped.

Lynch can break more tackles than any RB in the NFL. I still remember him dragging around the Patriots last year.

He is a good receiver out of the backfield, and is a playmaker.

Players rally around him as well.

Jackson is a beast as well, but Lynch and Jackson is unstoppable.

Dude, just because you're not caught does not mean you did not commit a crime.

So the charges are being dropped. So what? Did he commit the crime?

One would hope that punishment would be swift and equal to the crime. What we are seeing with the idiotic, thugish behavior of this moron is that he can't control himself. He's a million dollar 5 year old.

At what point is enough, enough?

Does someone have to die?

I agree. Maybe not top five, and you might get ripped for that but he is def talented. To trade him away for a 3rd or 4th round pick like most people now want is down right dumb. You are not going to get a player of his caliber in the 3rd or 4th. We just need to hope he cleans his act up a bit. What did people expect. this guy is a straight thug from Oakland Cal. I disagree with Trent, he is god awful.

As a tandem, Jackson and Lynch are good? Lynch didnt do anything this year. He proved that he shouldnt even be in this conversation. I do completely disagree that a 3-4th round pick would be down right dumb. You could get a starting OL'men (Levitre) calliber with that pick. Or a RB that doesnt have issues. The funny thing about it is that there isnt a single team in the NFL that would give us a 4th round pick for him. RB's can be had in the 4th round of the draft. And better ones than Lynch, and ones that dont come with baggage.

We are all arguing over nothing because at the rate Lynch has been going he will be suspended next season and most likely that would make this year his last in the league. If he is, he will be a backup and not a good one. Im calling it. Ill eat my crow if im wrong, but I wont be.

In regards to the title of the post, here are the many more than 4 NFL backs off the top of my head who are better than Lynch.

Without breaking a sweat:

First and foremost, Fred Jackson.

Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

Ray Rice

MJD

Steven Jackson

Frank Gore

Ryan Grant

Ronnie Brown

Ricky Williams

Rashard Mendenhall

DeAngelo Williams

Jonathon Stewart

Joseph Addai

Michael Turner

Cedric Benson

Felix Jones

Pierre Thomas

Ladainian Tomlinson

Darren Sproles

Knowshon Moreno

Jamaal Charles

Brandon Jacobs

Admad Bradshaw

Matt Forte

Chris Wells

Thomas Jones

Shonn Greene

Clinton Portis

LeSean McCoy

/Thread.

I agree that cutting Lynch would be stupid the guy is 23 which is still pretty young and if he gets his **** together has top 10 running back potential and has shown solid production in his 1st 2 seasons in Buffalo. You never sell low Lynch's stock is at an all time low due to having an off year with some off-season troubles.

Now if you can get a mid 2nd round pick or higher for Lynch then I would consider the move BUT if I were GM I would hold on to Lynch 1- Its a 2 back league with him and Freddy that's a nice 2 back system to have. 2- Freddy isn't that young he has between 1-3 years left of productivity at a high level while Lynch has 5-7.

I agree.

To the OP, please reign in your excitement, and keep the thread starting to a minimum. Maybe hang out and read some things for a while...make some comments, get used to what is going on. Starting these "bold" threads is going to lead to your being on everybody's ignore list and/or banned. Just a bit of advice, take it or leave it.

The only positions that we are in the top ten in the NFL are punter and place kicker. Our defense secondary numbers are skewed because our running game is so bad. The rest of this team sucks wind.

The only positions that we are in the top ten in the NFL are punter and place kicker. Our defense secondary numbers are skewed because our running game is so bad. The rest of this team sucks wind.

So, you're trying to say that we were 1st in the AFC in interceptions, and 2nd in the AFC in passer rating against due only to having a bad run defense? I think not. Our pass defense was very good this year, and would have been regardless of how our run defense performed. Ask Matt Schaub or Drew Brees.

What did people expect. this guy is a straight thug from Oakland Cal.

As a Bay Area guy, I gotta come to the defense of Oakland. While Lynch has thug tendencies, he could just as easily be a thug from anywhere else in the country. Not a single one of the notorious thugs in NFL history is from Oakland. In fact, here are some NFL players who ARE from Oakland:

- Maurice Jones-Drew

- Langston Walker

- Dennis Dixon

- Donnie Spragan

- Steve DeBerg

- Amani Toomer

That's practically a Boy Scout troop, not a gang of thugs.

(OK, I feel better now.) :thumbdown:

As a Bay Area guy, I gotta come to the defense of Oakland. While Lynch has thug tendencies, he could just as easily be a thug from anywhere else in the country. Not a single one of the notorious thugs in NFL history is from Oakland. In fact, here are some NFL players who ARE from Oakland:

- Maurice Jones-Drew

- Langston Walker

- Dennis Dixon

- Donnie Spragan

- Steve DeBerg

- Amani Toomer

That's practically a Boy Scout troop, not a gang of thugs.

(OK, I feel better now.) :thumbsup:

That was like .00000000001% of their populations history. Not looking good for you.

Have a nice day.

Where did you play in Highschool and College and what year did you graduate from highschool?

See, that's the thing about RBs. They're a dime a dozen and their careers are short. IMO you should never invest that much in a RB. Find yourself a Fred Jackson (or a Chester Taylor, or a Pierre Thomas, etc) and give him the absolute best offensive line in the league. You'll be amazed at the results. IMO teams are investing way too much in the concept of a 'stud' running back, when Denver's old approach really showed the best way to do it. Whether it was Terrell Davis, Clinton Portis, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, or Rueben Droughns, their running game was successful behind those great offensive lines.

How do you explain Chris Johnson's production, 1st picks can and do pan out, just not for us. You rarely find that kind of speed undrafted. Terrell Davis was a brute but he wasn't very fast. Peterson has a great 40yds dash and a 1st pick. It depends on your team and offensive philosophy. If you use pulling guards and fullbacks your following blockers so speed is secondary to power. Any position follows the same thing. Brady was a 6th round pick. Peters was a undrafted TE. Good scouting finds the best players regardless of the position drafted. The best at this is Bill Polian. Finding the right GM is the most important thing you can do for your football team. Was Dungy a genious or did he just have good players. Look at Indy's success this year.

I am starting to lean on us hiring Frazier. It really matters how good Nix is. If Frazier knows his X + O's we will be fine (everybody that has interviewed him thinks he does), look at Wade, good x+ O's man that just win's and we threw him away along with Polian. No wonder we can't get to the playoffs in 10 years.

Go Bills, stop wasting time. Best man to get has already interviewed for the job, plus he WANTS the job. Added bonus is he wasn't on the staff last year. No offense to Fewell but he has to have had enough of the media here and his surroundings at 1 Bills Drive. Fresh is good!!!!!!!

How do you explain Chris Johnson's production, 1st picks can and do pan out, just not for us. You rarely find that kind of speed undrafted. Terrell Davis was a brute but he wasn't very fast. Peterson has a great 40yds dash and a 1st pick. It depends on your team and offensive philosophy. If you use pulling guards and fullbacks your following blockers so speed is secondary to power. Any position follows the same thing. Brady was a 6th round pick. Peters was a undrafted TE. Good scouting finds the best players regardless of the position drafted. The best at this is Bill Polian. Finding the right GM is the most important thing you can do for your football team. Was Dungy a genious or did he just have good players. Look at Indy's success this year.

I am starting to lean on us hiring Frazier. It really matters how good Nix is. If Frazier knows his X + O's we will be fine (everybody that has interviewed him thinks he does), look at Wade, good x+ O's man that just win's and we threw him away along with Polian. No wonder we can't get to the playoffs in 10 years.

Go Bills, stop wasting time. Best man to get has already interviewed for the job, plus he WANTS the job. Added bonus is he wasn't on the staff last year. No offense to Fewell but he has to have had enough of the media here and his surroundings at 1 Bills Drive. Fresh is good!!!!!!!

I think you're missing my point. Take Fred Jackson. Give him the best offensive line in the league. He will put up production that will be right up there with the best RBs in the league. That is my point. And you didn't even have to spend a first round pick to get Fred Jackson. There are lots of Fred Jacksons out there. They're like Kleenex. Use them for a few years until they burn out and then move on.

And, hey, bonus! By investing in the offensive line, instead of the running back, you get the benefit of better protection for your QUARTERBACK! The result? Your QUARTERBACK plays better too!

Ahh, the beauty of investing in an offensive line.