[please fix subject]Cowher to the Titans...

sharper802

Fisher is going to USC when Mike Riley turns them down. Cowher will be on the first plane to Tennessee after that.

I hope everyone realizes that there has never been a SB winning coach to win a SB with another team. Plenty have made the playoffs but none have one the SB again.

I want Marty's son!

Fisher is going to USC when Mike Riley turns them down. Cowher will be on the first plane to Tennessee after that.

I hope everyone realizes that there has never been a SB winning coach to win a SB with another team. Plenty have made the playoffs but none have one the SB again.

I want Marty's son!

I don't think this has ever been mentioned. Thanks.

I want Marty's son!

Weeb Eubank

But really, how many Super Bowl winning coaches have even gone on to coach other teams? There's only been like 35 SB winning coaches in the history of the world. Of those maybe 4 or 5 have gone to other teams. Off the top of my head, Weeb, Bill Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Vince Lombardi, and maybe that's it. Vermeil took one team to SB and lost and went with another team and won. Some have taken a team to SB and then another team like Dan Reeves. Some have won SB and then gone with other teams like the Tuna and the Walrus.

Not sure how one one's the Super Bowl.

As far as Marty's son goes, you can have him.

Weeb Eubank

But really, how many Super Bowl winning coaches have even gone on to coach other teams? There's only been like 35 SB winning coaches in the history of the world. Of those maybe 4 or 5 have gone to other teams. Off the top of my head, Weeb, Bill Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Vince Lombardi, and maybe that's it. Vermeil took one team to SB and lost and went with another team and won. Some have taken a team to SB and then another team like Dan Reeves. Some have won SB and then gone with other teams like the Tuna and the Walrus.

Excellent post! This is the type of analysis that is sadly missing on this board much of the time. Statistically speaking, there's just not enough data out there to say a past SB winning coach can't/won't do it again for another team.

I want Marty's son!

Nice thread title.....you are an idiot

Weeb Eubank

Actually there have been 26 coaches to win the Super Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_head_coaches) and of them 11 coaches, (Lombardi, Stram, McCafferty, Flores, Gibbs, Ditka, Parcells, Seifert, Johnson, Holmgren and Vermeil) have gone on to coach again (With Gibbs coaching in Washington again).

I would say that when you consider almost half of all Super Bowl winners have gone on to coach again (and haven't won a single one), there is sufficient data.

Trends can be broken, and I, like most others, would love to see Cowher here. I also have no problem with an up and coming coordinator, as it has been proven that they can work, and we shouldn't just give up cause we screwed it up twice.