Real Lynch Possibilities

I really don't think we can get anything higher than a 3rd rounder for Lynch, but there will be a couple teams looking:

1) San Diego: LT is going to be out, and Sproles is not an every down back. If LT does hit the market, he still sniffs the endzone like no other, and would be a great edition to the Bills/Jackson. He had 12 TDs this year with limited playing time (he missed several games and was pulled when they were ahead in the 3rd quarter). He's be like a Marcus Allen player for us. Plus, his leadership skills are second to none.

2) St. Louis: They cannot let Steven Jackson get pounded like he does every game. Lynch would be a perfect second option for them, considering the league is moving towards that direction.

3) Detroit: I don't think they have that much faith in Kevin Smith after this year. Lynch would be a terror given that all of the home games would be domed.

4) NE: They're always looking and say what you will put Malroney is too hot/cold for the NE brass, and Sammy Morris/Faulk are too old.

5) Philly: Westbrook may not be back and McCoy has some fundamental issues. Lynch would the hard-nosed RB they've been lacking for years. They need to run the ball better, and if they do, DeSean/Maclin/Avant/Celek will be one of the best tandems in the league for many years.

There are a few more, but I think these are real possibilities.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think we can get anything higher than a 3rd rounder for Lynch, but there will be a couple teams looking:

1) San Diego: LT is going to be out, and Sproles is not an every down back. If LT does hit the market, he still sniffs the endzone like no other, and would be a great edition to the Bills/Jackson. He had 12 TDs this year with limited playing time (he missed several games and was pulled when they were ahead in the 3rd quarter). He's be like a Marcus Allen player for us. Plus, his leadership skills are second to none.

2) St. Louis: They cannot let Steven Jackson get pounded like he does every game. Lynch would be a perfect second option for them, considering the league is moving towards that direction.

3) Detroit: I don't think they have that much faith in Kevin Smith after this year. Lynch would be a terror given that all of the home games would be domed.

4) NE: They're always looking and say what you will put Malroney is too hot/cold for the NE brass, and Sammy Morris/Faulk are too old.

5) Philly: Westbrook may not be back and McCoy has some fundamental issues. Lynch would the hard-nosed RB they've been lacking for years. They need to run the ball better, and if they do, DeSean/Maclin/Avant/Celek will be one of the best tandems in the league for many years.

There are a few more, but I think these are real possibilities.

How about the Buffalo Bills? :huh:

nice rundown. This is first realistic Lynch thread I've seen.

another real possibility is that he just rides out his contract here as a backup and then leaves.

Wouldn't want that b/c we'd get nothing in return. Best case scenario is that we get a 3rd for him and LT hits the open market to be the Marcus Allen kind of guy for us -- by watching him this year, he still has plenty in the tank... much more than TT had in this stage of his career. Plus, Buddy Nix would love LT being here.

How about the Buffalo Bills? :huh:

Thanks, but no thanks. Lynch has really worn out his welcome around here, IMO. It was different if he was getting into all this crap off the field yet was still producing on it, but that obviously isn't the case. He was very ineffective most of the time he was in there all year long. Sure you can blame some of that on Freddy getting the bulk of the carries, but here's what Lynch did in the 3 games he had 15+ carries this season in weeks 5-7:

Week 5 vs Cleveland: 17 carries, 69 yards. 4.1 average. Long of 12.

Week 6 vs NY Jets: 19 carries, 61 yards. 3.2 average. Long of 12.

Week 7 vs Carolina: 17 carries, 40 yards. 2.4 average. Long of 8.

That averages out to 3.2 yards per carry over the 3 games when he had a pretty decent workload this season. A long run of 12 twice. Granted the Jets are a very good run defense, but Cleveland and Carolina's sure aren't anything to write home about. Tell me we can't get Lynch's production out of someone for cheaper and with less distractions? The Beast Mode era in Buffalo is coming to an end, IMO.

Wouldn't want that b/c we'd get nothing in return. Best case scenario is that we get a 3rd for him and LT hits the open market to be the Marcus Allen kind of guy for us -- by watching him this year, he still has plenty in the tank... much more than TT had in this stage of his career. Plus, Buddy Nix would love LT being here.

you honestly think any of thse teams or any team in general would give up a 3rd round pick for a guy that has been in trouble the last two offseasons and appears to be in trouble again? are you kidding me

Lynch doesnt have much value

why would any team trade a high pick for Lynch when they can use the same pick to draft a RB out of college that is younger, would be under contract longer, cost less and doesnt have off the field issues

Lynch has his most value in his current situation.

We arent going to get any type of draft pick that is worth trading for. Plus, we'd just have to go find another RB anyways.

Lynch had 2 1000 yard seasons, and was a beast of a back, before this past season.

If we are REALLY serious about getting the most out of him, we'll tell him to come back 15-20 pounds lighter, get a real OLine in front of him/Jackson, and get a real coaching staff who know how to use him and Jackson effectively.

he may have "worn out his welcome around here", but here is a message board. I understand that most people from Buffalo havent seen anyone like him before (dreads and gold teeth are scary). But we are better off just keeping him on the team and concentrating on areas of REAL need.

if there is one thing everyone should have learned from the Peters situation, it is dont make holes in the roster where you dont need them. We have enough to fill already.

you honestly think any of thse teams or any team in general would give up a 3rd round pick for a guy that has been in trouble the last two offseasons and appears to be in trouble again? are you kidding me

Lynch doesnt have much value

Absolutely. Even though the guy has had his share of problems (like 30 other guys in the league), teams know Lynch can play -- and he's young What? You think fans/brass would rather have Kevin Smith over Lynch in Detroit? That's nonsense...

The other teams on the list (w/ the exception of STL) are teams with real teammates and would give ML a whopping if he acted up. GMs and coaches know pretty darn well if a player will be toxic in a locker room or if the players will be able to handle him. Imagine ML pulling this stuff w/ Trotter on his team.

We arent going to get any type of draft pick that is worth trading for. Plus, we'd just have to go find another RB anyways.

Lynch had 2 1000 yard seasons, and was a beast of a back, before this past season.

If we are REALLY serious about getting the most out of him, we'll tell him to come back 15-20 pounds lighter, get a real OLine in front of him/Jackson, and get a real coaching staff who know how to use him and Jackson effectively.

he may have "worn out his welcome around here", but here is a message board. I understand that most people from Buffalo havent seen anyone like him before (dreads and gold teeth are scary). But we are better off just keeping him on the team and concentrating on areas of REAL need.

right... like getting a draft pick to help the oline/defense.

nice rundown. This is first realistic Lynch thread I've seen.

another real possibility is that he just rides out his contract here as a backup and then leaves.

Agreed- solid Lynch thread, and i definitly hope they are at least looking at what trade value Lynch has. There is a lot of speculation on what he is worth, but he did go to Honalulu and teams around the legue are willing to give players 2nd and 3rd chances to fill a void... I am a growing supporter anyway of the Franchise model where you draft, devleop and pay in the trenches and at QB then use free agency and higher draft picks for the WR/RB slots. NE used this well in quite a few seasons, jets seem to be moving that way. Would be all for the Bills getting there too...

Absolutely. Even though the guy has had his share of problems (like 30 other guys in the league), teams know Lynch can play -- and he's young What? You think fans/brass would rather have Kevin Smith over Lynch in Detroit? That's nonsense...

The other teams on the list (w/ the exception of STL) are teams with real teammates and would give ML a whopping if he acted up. GMs and coaches know pretty darn well if a player will be toxic in a locker room or if the players will be able to handle him. Imagine ML pulling this stuff w/ Trotter on his team.

if other teams know he can play, and think he is so good that he is worth a high draft pick...

why wouldnt we want to keep him on the team since we have so many other wholes to fill?

this whole "Trade Lynch" argument contradicts itself on every level. if he is so good that we will get a good pick, then we should keep him. and if he is so bad that you all want him gone, we wont be able to get anything for him.

I have to also state that the reason why I started this thread is not b/c I hate ML or want to run him out of town. Basically, I know he has value in the league, and I believe Jackson can handle the workload as a premier RB for the Bills. With that said, we need to fill legitimate holes, and RB is not one of them. Even if we can get a 4th for him, I say we take it and snag a FB (of a Sam Gash nature) that can block make Jackson's life easier, or some other need...

if there is one thing everyone should have learned from the Peters situation, it is dont make holes in the roster where you dont need them. We have enough to fill already.

So he hasn't worn out his welcome with the organization that drafted him as a top-15 pick and paid him a ton of money, only to see him get into constant legal issues of the field and become less and less productive on it? Don't use the offensive line as a scapegoat for Lynch, because Jackson ran behind the same group of guys as he did all year long and was clearly a MUCH more effective runner from the beginning of the season to end as most people could see. Obviously the coaching staff/FO felt this way as well since Lynch's carries were reduced to under 10 in 8 of the last 9 games of 2009. Including a game with 1, two games with 3, and a game with 6. You're telling me that it's worth keeping an obvious headcase like that around when we can use whatever pick we could get for him in a trade to improve our team in another area, while adding another back to pair with FJ who would be at least as productive and not a jacka$$ at the same time? C'mon.

if other teams know he can play, and think he is so good that he is worth a high draft pick...

why wouldnt we want to keep him on the team since we have so many other wholes to fill?

this whole "Trade Lynch" argument contradicts itself on every level. if he is so good that we will get a good pick, then we should keep him. and if he is so bad that you all want him gone, we wont be able to get anything for him.

a 3rd or 4th round draft pick is not an elite pick. it's realistic.

the point is we wouldn't have a hole at RB if lynch was gone. jackson has proved that he's an every down back.

i see no contradiction at all.

f@ck that ****. Beast mode needs to stay u fools. He compliments freddy well and they have a great working relationship. its a two back league these days. Short of murdering someone I could give a flying f@ckadoodledoo what lynch does off the field stop the hatin.

logic is not tolerated on this board.

Until Lynch has actual charges and is arraigned in court this is completely premature. You need two RBs in the NFL and Lynch is a good change of pace.

f@ck that ****. Beast mode needs to stay u fools. He compliments freddy well and they have a great working relationship. its a two back league these days. Short of murdering someone I could give a flying f@ckadoodledoo what lynch does off the field stop the hatin.

Great post. So glad you cleared things up for us. :huh:

have you ever even watched Kevin Smith play? he is one of their best players and an outstanding receiver out of the backfield as well

give ML a whopping if he acted up...how comical is that, what are you 10

wasnt Trotter on the Eagles when TO acted up? what exactly did he do, was there a whopping involved?

your arguments are weak