Another candidate turns down Buffalo!!

Buffalo 66

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the guy really wanted a shot at being our head coach, he could find two hours to sit down with the Bills. I'm sure that they would come to him given the circumstances. People declining this coaching vacancy really speaks volumes about the state of this franchise. And people around here have the balls to chastise Jerry Sullivan and negative posters for being pessimistic all the time. :huh::thumbsup::bag:

Or, he wants to wait and have his shot at winning a Super Bowl with his current team. Then after he has done that, come interview and command more money as a Super Bowl winning DC.

Both Grimm and Rivera have good situations.

Let's compare.

1. Living in Arizona/San Diego or Buffalo?

2. Having a regular trip to the playoffs or missing them for a decade.

3. Having owners who let the football men do their thing or one that thinks he can do everything.

I like both of those asst coaches as head coach but Frazier is as good as choice as either.

Or, he wants to wait and have his shot at winning a Super Bowl with his current team. Then after he has done that, come interview and command more money as a Super Bowl winning DC.

By declining an interview you pretty much forfeit any chance of getting the job if the Bills or Seahawks go ahead and hire a new guy. Supposedly the Seahawks have already done that with Carroll. So basically Rivera and Grimm are not interested if the job goes poof and that's fine by me.

uh, ok? he declined Seahawks too early in the game. Could be he's waiting for his season to be done. Or its possible he doesn't want to be a head coach. Given his fall from Chicago, it wouldn't be that surprising actually.

Why does it feel like so many people on this board are just looking for an excuse to throw themselves into oncoming traffic?

+1

I know -- this is a joke. The guy declined to interview BOTH Buffalo and Seattle. Maybe he just likes life in SD even if he's not the HC.

I'd still put him above Frazier.

Failed HC over up and coming DC?

The guy has a lifetime 18-37 record as a HC. I am pretty sure that if you gave me NFL talent, I could accidentally win almost that many games.

I have no problem with a Coordinator, and as long as he brings a real OC, I would have no problem watching Frazier walking our sideline.

Failed HC over up and coming DC?

The guy has a lifetime 18-37 record as a HC. I am pretty sure that if you gave me NFL talent, I could accidentally win almost that many games.

I have no problem with a Coordinator, and as long as he brings a real OC, I would have no problem watching Frazier walking our sideline.

One would argue that the job he did with Denver's horrid Defense was nothing short of astounding this season.

However, the point is moot...both Frazier and Nolan are products of the players they have (had), not the systems they run (ran).

It's hilarious that these jamokes (not sure if Rivera fits into that category yet) need a complete team before they'll agree to take it over. Good riddance.

There's nothign crazy about deciding not to run into a burning building that has begun to collapse.

When they clear out the crap in the scouting department, bring in some folks who know what they're doing, then MAYBE the fire has burnt out and its time to rebuild.

Until then, it would be insane for any up-and coming young coach to tie their wagon to Guy and Modrak's star

would you?

I am not sure why this is so shocking to some people:

- The Bills have a very bitter, meddling owner.

- Not a single decent QB on the roster

- An offenseive line that is a complete mess

The chance of failure in Buffalo is far too great.

Ummmm, no. I don't believe that. Buffalo is one of 32 head coaching jobs at the highest level on this planet. There is more to it than those reasons you listed, we just don't know what they are.

One would argue that the job he did with Denver's horrid Defense was nothing short of astounding this season.

However, the point is moot...both Frazier and Nolan are products of the players they have (had), not the systems they run (ran).

it started well, but their D, like the team as a whole, completely fell apart during the season. They gave up close to 40 points against the Chiefs with a playoff appearance on the line!

also, not only did he fail to win games in San Fran, the team seriously lacked discipline. If it wasn't for his firing, Vernon Davis probably would still be a mega-bust rather than the top young TE in the game and now a team captain.

ATTENTION all you chicken little the sky is falling fans :

Rivera DID NOT turn the bills down, he is WAITING til S.D. season is over !!

Rivera will wait to interview

January 10, 2010 3:27 PM | 1 Comment

The San Diego Union-Tribune: Ron Rivera won't be interviewing until the Chargers' season ends or they have a week off before the Super Bowl.

"I'm committed to helping the Chargers win the Super Bowl," the team's defensive coordinator said yesterday.

Rivera declined to comment further on his prospects with the Buffalo Bills and Seattle Seahawks, but sources have confirmed both teams asked permission to speak with Rivera but that it was Rivera who declined the opportunity to interview with either.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...-interview.html

Um, no. A coordinator interested in becoming a head coach doesn't wait until after the season when he has the ability to take advantage of the bye week. If the Chargers go deep, the Bills will most likely have hired a coach before he's available. Apparently, he doesn't want to coach the Bills. Not surprising.