The statrting Quarterback for the Buffalo Bills In 2010 will be????...

Cru Jones

2010 Starting QB  

202 members have voted

1. 1. who starts opening day next season???

• Fitzpatrick
    • Brohm
    • A rookie
    • Chroise (I can dream cant I?)
    • Volek
    • Someone else

Vick was one of the most sacked QB's in the league. Being fast has nothing to do with getting sacked. Losman and Rob Johnson were fast and got sacked a ton. Avoiding the rush is about knowing where and when to trhow the football. Vick will never be a starter in this league again.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The he didn't fit the GB system is the lamest excuse I've ever heard for a QB. When Brohm, a 2nd round pick the prior season didn't make the Packers' opening day roster, not 1 NFL team-all of them had looked at film & in person games of his in college, took a flyer on him for free. Why didn't they think he just didn't fit GB's system & pick him up with such an obvious skill set? None of them, prior to GB waiving him tried to trade for him, otherwise he would have been theirs. Instead, people like you hold out the irrational hope that the Bills 2009 front office is smarter than every other team, including the Polians & Newsomes. Brohm's skill set may have translated to the college game, but it doesn't in the NFL.

I'd say the chances of Brohm being a pre-season cut are a lot better than him being our starter next year.

Agreed. If the Bills draft a QB it will be Trent, a rookie, and maybe another veteran - Bulger perhaps to battle it out in training camp.

What? You want to see the worst season for the Bills in 10 years to get a possible maybe at QB the next year? Are you nuts? I'm tired of losing and as Judge Judy would say, "come on, I'm getting older by the minute."

Well, you are a Bills fan, fans my age and older have dealt with this for 4 decades or more, whats one more year.

I'd rather get it right than take a high risk and put the team just out of reach for that franchise QB.

But I hear ya, I am tired of this teams record as well. I just don't want another season that is wasted. 2-14 is the same as 8-8 (you don't make the playoffs). But at 2-14 you can look seriously at a real shot at that future QB.

It will be Edwards unless they trade for Mcnabb or Kolb. Fitzy is too inaccurate. Brohm - who knows? Edwards is in the last year of his contract making him relatively cheap for a starting QB. He will be given one last chance to start just like Drew Brees was.

It will NOT be Edwards. Why can't people figure this out already?

I don't care who the starting QB will be in 2010.

QBs fail in front of lines as bad of ours, almost universally.

Step 1: FIX THE OFFENSIVE LINE.

Then start looking for a solution at QB.

If they draft a 1st round QB instead of a LT I will punch myself in the face.

You came into a thread that was titled specifically for who we thought the QB in 2010 would be, and then proceeded to tell us that you don't care who it will be???

I like your style. I also agree with you... :D

it all comes down to he being a genuinely unimpressive qb. beyond the inaccuracy issue; he has barely played in what, 3-4 years? it's telling that Philly brought him in only as a gimmick. look at his stats in ATL. Even in his prime he was rocking a qb rating in the middle 70s. he is also prone to fumbling, something he even did on Saturday's game. Sure he can run around if the pocket folds, but being able to escape into a short run, a fumble or an incompletion? that doesn't really help.

here's the rub: he had a name several years ago and he threw that promise away. people want him here because he had a name several years ago. now he's past his prime (threw only six completions this season) and would be brought here as a gimmick. it would be like drafting a midget or a guy with one hand--a circus freak to seel tickets. but he wouldn't win games, he wouldn't be a long term investment and would alienate a chunk of the fans.

Everyone plays this as a moral issue, but he just isn't good enough.

You guys are all saying "behind this line?" Yes our third string line that we saw for most of the year was piss poor but with the return of our starters and the addition of a bonfied LT I think our line will rival the Jets next year. Call me crazy but the talent is there it is just young and too oft injured. I think whoever comes here may have a pleasent suprise in the OL dept. I also think T.O. may be lining up as a Bill for the rest of his career. There is a rumored 3 yr 26 mil deal on the table but it all depends on the coach. (Can't remember where I read this sorry no source)

I see us trading away a late rounder for Michael Vick.

[/quot

I don't know how everyone is calling for Lynch's head on a stick and then in the same breath want Vick to QB Buffalo. Leave Vick where ever he is and keep Lynch. Jackson will only be good for another year if that. Yup I said it. Jackson is old. I say go with Brohm and if anything has taught us anything about Buffalo, TE will be on the roster next year and be giving a shot to start. Trade Fitz for conditioning coach.

I see the new coach assessing the o-line and the poor offense and looking for a qb who will be most effective in the wildcat. The new coach also will be interested in getting to the playoffs in the first year which would mean fixing the line in draft looking for offensive or possibly defensive linemen in rounds 1 through 4. In order to do this, and looking at who is probably going to be available I see us trading Lynch for....

Michael Vick

The Eagles will keep McNabb or ask for a ridiculously high price beyond Lynch. Vick has minded his P's and Q's and there would be minimal resistance to him (especially if he wins a few games).

Here's to hoping that its nobody from the current roster.

Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm, what's the difference? Nobody can make a justifiable argument that any of them can cut it in the NFL after watching them play. Bad OL or not, these guys aren't good.

That said, I do think it'll be one of those 3, simply because there won't be anyone in FA to pick up and play while a draft pick gets his feet wet with the backups (I don't see this group starting a rookie--unless if a guy like Schottenheimer were hired, maybe he'd do it).

So I'll guess it's Brohm, simply because he's getting the most $$ of the 3 and is the only one that hasn't proven himself incapable yet (although I maintain that he was brutal in his only on-field appearance vs. Atlanta).

Another trade option that I haven't seen mentioned is Tarvaris Jackson from Minnesota. Now, before people flame me for bringing him up, he did finish the 2008 season strong, rattling off 3 wins in 4 games with the following stat lines:

OPP---Result---Comp.---Att.---Pct.---Yds---YPA---TD---INT---Rating

Det---W 20-16---8-------10----80.0---105---10.5--1-----0------143.7

Ari*---W 35-14--11------17----64.7---163----9.6---4----0------135.5

Atl*---L 17-24---22------36----61.1---233----6.5---2----0-------98.5

NYG*--W20-19--16------26----61.5---239----9.2---1----1-------88.5

* denotes playoff team

Source:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play...ckTa00/gamelog/

If he were available for a 4th round pick (not saying I have any indication that he will be), I think he'd be a good "caretaker" while a rookie learned behind him.

if we are going by the assumption that Buddy has had a lot of imput on players added this last year, you have to think that he puched for Brohm . Unless something unexpected happens , (mcnabb or a Cutler situation pops up this year) we will be looking at the same guys we have now.

Here's to hoping that its nobody from the current roster.

Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm, what's the difference? Nobody can make a justifiable argument that any of them can cut it in the NFL after watching them play. Bad OL or not, these guys aren't good.

That said, I do think it'll be one of those 3, simply because there won't be anyone in FA to pick up and play while a draft pick gets his feet wet with the backups (I don't see this group starting a rookie--unless if a guy like Schottenheimer were hired, maybe he'd do it).

So I'll guess it's Brohm, simply because he's getting the most $$ of the 3 and is the only one that hasn't proven himself incapable yet (although I maintain that he was brutal in his only on-field appearance vs. Atlanta).

Another trade option that I haven't seen mentioned is Tarvaris Jackson from Minnesota. Now, before people flame me for bringing him up, he did finish the 2008 season strong, rattling off 3 wins in 4 games with the following stat lines:

OPP---Result---Comp.---Att.---Pct.---Yds---YPA---TD---INT---Rating

Det---W 20-16---8-------10----80.0---105---10.5--1-----0------143.7

Ari*---W 35-14--11------17----64.7---163----9.6---4----0------135.5

Atl*---L 17-24---22------36----61.1---233----6.5---2----0-------98.5

NYG*--W20-19--16------26----61.5---239----9.2---1----1-------88.5

* denotes playoff team

Source:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play...ckTa00/gamelog/

If he were available for a 4th round pick (not saying I have any indication that he will be), I think he'd be a good "caretaker" while a rookie learned behind him.

wow 8 for 10 against detroit, for 105 yards. Im pretty sure Gibran Hamdan could have went for more. In fact where is JP when you need to compare numbers. :unsure:

if McNabb is made available . Lynch,edwards and maybe 3 in 2010 and a conditional pickk in 11 , 3 or 4 should get it done. The good news the Ealges do not liek first round picks they usually move down or trade away. Yes I think they might like edwards to back up kolb.

That said you have to figure that McNabb will want to get paid . I don't know what the cost would be but I think he would be looking at north of 10 million per year for 3 or 4 years .

Mcnabb /brohm would be a nice upgrade

Thoughts ?

Guest dog14787
if McNabb is made available . Lynch,edwards and maybe 3 in 2010 and a conditional pickk in 11 , 3 or 4 should get it done. The good news the Ealges do not liek first round picks they usually move down or trade away. Yes I think they might like edwards to back up kolb.

That said you have to figure that McNabb will want to get paid . I don't know what the cost would be but I think he would be looking at north of 10 million per year for 3 or 4 years .

Mcnabb /brohm would be a nice upgrade

Thoughts ?

My thoughts are between Brohm, Edwards and Fitzpatrick one of them will win the start,

my moneys on TE...