Dear Mr. Wilson, I Am Done With The Bills.

tonyd19

Great post.

Also a great post.

Careful you two, we're getting dangerously close to making sense in this thread.

Watch/cheer if you want, don't watch/cheer if you don't.

Either way, there's no point in thumping your chest and shouting about it.

SHHH dont say that, cause then we will always have to make sense of things, and sometimes with what is said here, that is really hard to do.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You, sir, are ignorant.

And I should add that you spent way too much time on this to look ignorant...

You ought to look up the word ignorant. This man just gave his opinion and you bash him for it rather than offer a rebutal. If you react back like that in business, you will go real far in life.

I also believe in what he is saying about the Bills. It is not good to have 1 of 32 jobs offered out there and have those head coaches telling you they don't want "that" job. If this was any other top 500 company and that happened they would be closing their doors or out of the top 500 soon enough. My tax dollars pay for this team, I pay roughly 12k a year in NY State income taxes. It is the fans responsibility to let a business know when they no longer show value to them. You sir owe that gentleman an apology!

Dude how old are you? Ok bro I'm like 6'4 and 280 and I work out all the time so I can kick your ass!!!! Grow up man. By the way the post is about showing a commitment to the fans. Hiring a coordinator hardly does that...would you disagree?

I am trying to back you up. Ignore post with threats and no "logic". Let them stoop to those tactics and show their true wisdom. Always be a gentleman.

Wow, a message board that shouldn't post opinions. That is a great idea. Market the idea you will get rich fast, LMAO!!!!!!!!

DURRRHHHHH to you sir. He is saying if you are not a fan of this team dont be but dont come on this board and say your not, just leave quietly.

And to your business comment you should not speak. You bashing the Heads of this organization, si like telling your boss he is old and does not know what he is thinking. So you tell me how far that is going to take you.

You my friend have just been served.

You ought to look up the word ignorant. This man just gave his opinion and you bash him for it rather than offer a rebutal. If you react back like that in business, you will go real far in life.

I also believe in what he is saying about the Bills. It is not good to have 1 of 32 jobs offered out there and have those head coaches telling you they don't want "that" job. If this was any other top 500 company and that happened they would be closing their doors or out of the top 500 soon enough. My tax dollars pay for this team, I pay roughly 12k a year in NY State income taxes. It is the fans responsibility to let a business know when they no longer show value to them. You sir owe that gentleman an apology!

Actually, no, he doesn't owe him an apology. The fact that a guy who has made millions and won super bowls (Cowher, Shanahan) doesn't want to come coach in Buffalo isn't all that much of a shocker. They've both accomplished the biggest goal in coaching and are financially set for life, so why rush into something? Shanahan's got what he perceives as a better situation - an owner willing to spend cash anywhere (didn't you read the article on how Shanahan's staff gets ridiculously bloated? perfect for a Synder-owned team), and Cowher has the luxury of waiting on the perfect situation for him.

But let's get back to it. Haven't you ever turned down a job offer before? People turn down job offers every day at all levels of a company, from janitor to CEO. I love how people try to come on here and make what sounds like a sophisticated business analogy but is just crap. I'm not sure how much of your $12,000 in taxes goes to the BB (although I would estimate very little since they're still playing in that old stadium out in OP), but the best way to show your displeasure to simply not buy tickets or merchandise. As one person it won't make much of a difference, but the more that follow the more of an impact it will make. I should say that since I believe NYS' income tax is 6.85% (I don't live in NYS), if you're paying $12,000 in state taxes every year you're making over $175,000/year and I'm pretty certain there are few people here - a Western New York message board - who want to hear you bitching about money. Check with Tipster19 if you don't believe me.

The reason the OP was bashed is because he wrote an anti-Bills dissertation that ended with wishing they would leave the area on a Bills message board. You think that's going to attract positive responses? Maybe you are the ignorant one, sir.

I don't know if I'm a "hater" but I'll answer ...

Part of being a Bills fan is about regionalism for me. It's like rooting for the US Hockey team in a few weeks. Would I wear a Team USA jersey ... in a heartbeat. What if they stocked the team with rejects from a Tim Bits hockey team? Absolutely! If they hired the Butcher to coach 'em? I'd be frustrated, but they are still my team because I am an American ... maybe a little hokey, but that is the truth. I'm from Buffalo. I root for the Bills & Sabres, good, bad or terrible. They make bad decisions ... I hate it, but they are still my team.

BTW ... Amherst is not the only nice place in metro Buffalo ... plenty of good in the Southtowns, too.

So if Pepsi tastes terrible changing the recipe after liking it for 20 years you will still drink Pepsi. If your next Ford Mustang that you have been buying and driving for 20 years breaks down every week, you will by the same model hands down without venting to Ford or looking a other vehicles. Give me a break. Money is money. If you own season tickets, go to games or pay taxes in NY State you have a right to voice your opinion and have every fan of that product hear it. That my friend is the "American Way".

So if Pepsi tastes terrible changing the recipe after liking it for 20 years you will still drink Pepsi. If your next Ford Impala that you have been buying and driving for 20 years breaks down every week, you will by the same model hands down without venting to Ford or looking a other vehicles. Give me a break. Money is money. If you own season tickets, go to games or pay taxes in NY State you have a right to voice your opinion and have every fan of that product hear it. That my friend is the "American Way".

Chevy makes the Impala.

Actually, no, he doesn't owe him an apology. The fact that a guy who has made millions and won super bowls (Cowher, Shanahan) doesn't want to come coach in Buffalo isn't all that much of a shocker. They've both accomplished the biggest goal in coaching and are financially set for life, so why rush into something? Shanahan's got what he perceives as a better situation - an owner willing to spend cash anywhere (didn't you read the article on how Shanahan's staff gets ridiculously bloated? perfect for a Synder-owned team), and Cowher has the luxury of waiting on the perfect situation for him.

But let's get back to it. Haven't you ever turned down a job offer before? People turn down job offers every day at all levels of a company, from janitor to CEO. I love how people try to come on here and make what sounds like a sophisticated business analogy but is just crap. I'm not sure how much of your $12,000 in taxes goes to the BB (although I would estimate very little since they're still playing in that old stadium out in OP), but the best way to show your displeasure to simply not buy tickets or merchandise. As one person it won't make much of a difference, but the more that follow the more of an impact it will make. I should say that since I believe NYS' income tax is 6.85% (I don't live in NYS), if you're paying $12,000 in state taxes every year you're making over $175,000/year and I'm pretty certain there are few people here - a Western New York message board - who want to hear you bitching about money. Check with Tipster19 if you don't believe me.

The reason the OP was bashed is because he wrote an anti-Bills dissertation that ended with wishing they would leave the area on a Bills message board. You think that's going to attract positive responses? Maybe you are the ignorant one, sir.

His whole point was the Bills are a bad product being sold in Buffalo NY for the past 10 years. Money is tight for alot of people, not me though your right about that. When your looking to spend a Sunday afternoon at the game with a family it will cost you $300-400 for 4 people. By the end of this year you watched the Buffalo offense put up 1 touchdown by the QB at home. This is what you paid for. It is far from being "OK" to accept this as a fan because some of you want to call your selfs "diehards" and are upset with our opinions. I had season tickets for 12 years before I moved, I still go to at least one game till this year. I have been going to games since I was 17 in 83'. I won't be spending anymore money on the Bills till they show me a better product on the field! I am a fan of the Buffalo Bills but chose not to follow them till they make a better product. I will read the paper, catch a ocassional game but I won't sit on the couch wasting my Sundays anymore.

Turning down a job offer where there is 1000 of the same jobs out there nationwide and turning down 1 of 32 job possibilities with only 1-2 open is a big difference. When Grimm or Rivera won't grant you an interview, that is different then Cowher turning it down. That says a position coach on this franchise is a better job then a head coach job on another franchise. That is when you know your company doesn't appeal to the masses. Do you think anyone would turn down an interview for NCP, JJ, CB, CB, etc... they would turn down the BB, OR and DL. By the way, if I am unemployed and want a job with a Top 100 company in my field, I would NEVER turn down an interview with them! Might not take the job but I have to hear what they say. Shanahan had a 7hr interview, he didn't want the job, his choice.

This message board says, Stadium Wall not Bills Backers. All opinions should be welcome if they are at least cordial!

DURRRHHHHH to you sir. He is saying if you are not a fan of this team dont be but dont come on this board and say your not, just leave quietly.

And to your business comment you should not speak. You bashing the Heads of this organization, si like telling your boss he is old and does not know what he is thinking. So you tell me how far that is going to take you.

You my friend have just been served.

Just brilliant, did it take you all day to write such an informitive piece of writing. Still, very interesting writing when you start a sentence with "and". Jerry Sullivan should try that in his next article for effect. You ought to "think" before you post to this board. Great advice!!!

Just brilliant, did it take you all day to write such an informitive piece of writing. Still, very interesting writing when you start a sentence with "and". Jerry Sullivan should try that in his next article for effect. You ought to "think" before you post to this board. Great advice!!!

Why it actually took like 7 like and like a half days like you know. Like i didnt relaize this was like english class like i was like in like high school again like my teacher trying to like correct me grammer.

Like and like ripping me like states like that you have like no argument like left, so like you should just like go away. take your avatar down cause like you are like no obviously like a Bills fan.

Seriously dude. If you dont like the Bills, dont be on this board. Why is that such a hard concept. (this took 5 min to write because i had to strategically place all the likes

His whole point was the Bills are a bad product being sold in Buffalo NY for the past 10 years. Money is tight for alot of people, not me though your right about that. When your looking to spend a Sunday afternnon at the game with a family it will cost you $300-400 for 4 people. By the end of this year you watch the Buffalo offense put up 1 touchdown by the QB. This is what you paid for. It is far from being OK to accept this as a fan because some of you want to call your selfs "diehards". I had season tickets for 12 years before I moved, I still go to at least one game till this year. I have been going to games since I was 17 in 83'. I won't be spending anymore money on the Bills till they show me a better product on the field! I am a fan of the Buffalo Bills but chose not to follow them till they make a better product. I will read the paper, catch a ocassional game but I won't sit on the coach wasting my Sundays anymore.

Turning down a job offer where there is 1000 of the same jobs out there nationwide and turning down 1 of 32 job possibilities with only 1-2 open is a big difference. When Grimm or Rivera won't grant you an interview, that is different then Cowher turning it down. That says a position coach on this franchise is a better job then a head coach job in another franchise. That is when you know your company doesn't appeal to the masses. Do you think anyone would turn down an interview for NCP, JJ, CB, CB, etc... they would turn down the BB, OR and DL. By the way, if I am unemployed and want a job with a Top 100 company in my field, I would NEVER turn down an interview with them! Might not take the job but I have to hear what they say. Shanahan had a 7hr interview, he didn't want the job, his choice.

This message board says, Stadium Wall not Bills Backers. All opinions should be welcome if they are at least cordial!

First of all, if you sit on the coach, he's going to be pissed. Or he might like it, and you will be pissed. Or at least your wife will be, I dunno.

Concerning Grimm and Rivera, I dunno. Maybe it's a weather thing? San Diego/Arizona vs. Buffalo? That's a no-brainer for most people. Maybe they don't have it in them to take a project franchise when they have such an easy gig where they are. Maybe they don't want to interview until the playoffs are over. I don't know. Any of those are plausible explanations though. I will say that I have no idea what you're talking about with NCP, JJ, CB, CB, NBC, CIA, FBI, ABC, ESPN, ETC. ETC. And if you're unemployed you need to be able to make a living. If you've already made $20M over the course of your lifetime, maybe you want to play some golf instead. I'm pretty sure there's a difference between you (or I) and any of these football people in that respect.

All opinions are welcome here, but so are those opinions given in response. Don't expect to be loved with that type of anti-Bills mentality. In all honesty, you are probably in the wrong place, especially since you seem to be coming right off the bat with that attitude. Just my $.02.

I personally agree with the OP and don't understand why he's being attacked. Some on here have said "if you're no longer a fan then just go away". You people are missing the point. The point is that the OP, like myself, is passionate about this team, and is upset at the state it's in. It's not that easy to just walk away from something you've loved for decades. I'm in the same boat. I am sick of the state of this franchise...specifically the team's unwillingness to spend money and invest in a legitimate coaching staff...and I, too, am on the verge of calling it quits. It's frustrating, and it's heart-breaking. But I cannot be a fan of a team that doesn't making winning it's number one priority. This team almost lost me during the mike mularkey debacle but then they hired Levy and I gave the team the benefit of the doubt once again. So much for that.

So I'm at the same point. It's not as simple as "just stop being a fan". It's like getting a divorce. It sucks. But if this team doesn't take this coaching hire seriously, and doesn't show the willingness to spend money to make this team a winner, I feel it's just time to move on, as painful as that decision might be.

I personally agree with the OP and don't understand why he's being attacked. Some on here have said "if you're no longer a fan then just go away". You people are missing the point. The point is that the OP, like myself, is passionate about this team, and is upset at the state it's in. It's not that easy to just walk away from something you've loved for decades. I'm in the same boat. I am sick of the state of this franchise...specifically the team's unwillingness to spend money and invest in a legitimate coaching staff...and I, too, am on the verge of calling it quits. It's frustrating, and it's heart-breaking. But I cannot be a fan of a team that doesn't making winning it's number one priority. This team almost lost me during the mike mularkey debacle but then they hired Levy and I gave the team the benefit of the doubt once again. So much for that.

So I'm at the same point. It's not as simple as "just stop being a fan". It's like getting a divorce. It sucks. But if this team doesn't take this coaching hire seriously, and doesn't show the willingness to spend money to make this team a winner, I feel it's just time to move on, as painful as that decision might be.

He "Is done with the Bills" so he is saying he is not a fan. Im done with this thread. Im dont want to make anyone else an enemy

I am trying to back you up. Ignore post with threats and no "logic". Let them stoop to those tactics and show their true wisdom. Always be a gentleman.

That was a response to the guy threatening me and calling me a coward. It was meant to be sarcastic. By the way, I enjoyed your Rules olf being a Bills fan thread.

The message was not anti Bills. For those of you who think it was, perhaps you are deflecting, or perhaps you are a bit to sensitive. Let me be clear. I love the Bills, always have. But we need to be more responsible fans and hold the higher ups at OBD to more accountability. If we do not, than our worst fears will be 100% realized. They will leave if this franchise is not turned around. My response is get it together, or just go....But do not continue to string us all along and turn this franchise into more of a joke than it already is.

The fact is we should look at our time and the money we spend on the Bills as an investment. the Bills should be held to a high standard. As a steward of that investment and they have failed to live up to that standard. If you are content with just going and seeing a medicore product from a medicore franchise and are unwilling to do anything about it (out of fear of them leaving), than I feel sorry for you, because you are not being a responsible steward of your own time and money....and that is your problem. But don't get pissed at me for asking for some accountablility form this franchise, they owe me and everyone else who cares about this team that.

+1

Look At Me Please.

This thread, though probably cathartic to write, is really all about your feelings. Self serving threads not submitted to further discussion are LAMPS in my opinion. I only suggest it because you may have gotten a little less condemnation if you acknowledged the fact from the get go. At least then people may not have thought you were taking yourself so seriously. Then again, maybe not.

The message was not anti Bills. For those of you who think it was, perhaps you are deflecting, or perhaps you are a bit to sensitive. Let me be clear. I love the Bills, always have. But we need to be more responsible fans and hold the higher ups at OBD to more accountability. If we do not, than our worst fears will be 100% realized. They will leave if this franchise is not turned around. My response is get it together, or just go....But do not continue to string us all along and turn this franchise into more of a joke than it already is.

The fact is we should look at our time and the money we spend on the Bills as an investment. the Bills should be held to a high standard. As a steward of that investment and they have failed to live up to that standard. If you are content with just going and seeing a medicore product from a medicore franchise and are unwilling to do anything about it (out of fear of them leaving), than I feel sorry for you, because you are not being a responsible steward of your own time and money....and that is your problem. But don't get pissed at me for asking for some accountablility form this franchise, they owe me and everyone else who cares about this team that.

Perhaps, tony, you should try saying what you mean in the original post next time.

Your comments throughout this thread completely belie your first post in it, in which you paint your stance as though you are "done with the Bills", despite the fact that--as undeniably evident from your follow-up posts--you clearly are not. This personally is something that I find ridiculous. Not just from you, but from anyone in any situation. If you are "done" with someone or something, then just move on. Announcing it to the world is, undeniably, a cry to get noticed, not the mark of someone that is moving on.

Throughout the subsequent discussion--which you obviously invited by starting the thread--you have failed to realize the relevant fact that other people's definition of "commit to becoming a winning organization that we can be proud of" may, in fact, be far different from yours. It appears, from your original post, that hiring anyone other than a Superbowl winning head coach represents something other than such a commitment. Clearly, many people on this board disagree.

You also appear as though you don't understand capitalism or the free market in the slightest when you make comments such as: "But don't get pissed at me for asking for some accountablility form this franchise, they owe me and everyone else who cares about this team that." Riddle me this, tony: who, exactly, forced you to "invest" in this team? Nobody. You chose to, period. They owe you nothing...at all. Ralph Wilson puts a product on the field, and it is your choice whether to "invest" in it or not. If you "invest" in the product, and you find it to be sub-standard, then you simply stop investing. You can't get mad at the producer of the product when it was 100% obvious from the moment of your investment that you have absolutely no guarantee of satisfaction, and no opportunity to get your investment back.

Ralph Wilson has provided you, your family, and everyone else in the Greater Buffalo Area with a professional sports franchise for a half-century. It is completely up to you whether you choose to be grateful or scornful for that, but to assume that you are owed something because a local business entity accepted billions of dollars from willing "investors", who received exactly what they knew they would (the right to attend football games), is--in my mind--incredibly misguided.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Ralph is lucky to have Buffalo, not the other way around. Buffalo fans are the best in the world, and Ralph is a piece of garbage owner who gives them one losing team after the next in return for their devotion. Ralph simply is beneath Buffalo. Buffalo is better than him, deserves better than him, and, when he is gone, Buffalo will be better off without him.

Ralph is lucky to have Buffalo, not the other way around. Buffalo fans are the best in the world, and Ralph is a piece of garbage owner who gives them one losing team after the next in return for their devotion. Ralph simply is beneath Buffalo. Buffalo is better than him, deserves better than him, and, when he is gone, Buffalo will be better off without him.

You sound like a high school girl that recently got dumped by the popular boy; I really am starting to feel bad for you dude.

Oh, and by the way (since--based on your post history, you've never, ever answered the question), why are you here?

You sound like a high school girl that recently got dumped by the popular boy; I really am starting to feel bad for you dude.

Oh, and by the way (since--based on your post history, you've never, ever answered the question), why are you here?

Project much, my battered friend? You must have the biggest inferiority complex on this message board. Still, as I said before, I do offer you my pity, and hope one day you'll be strong enough to realize you deserve better than the turd sandwiches Ralph's been feeding you for the better part of 50 years.

Project much, my battered friend? You must have the biggest inferiority complex on this message board. Still, as I said before, I do offer you my pity, and hope one day you'll be strong enough to realize you deserve better than the turd sandwiches Ralph's been feeding you for the better part of 50 years.

Project? How so?

Inferiority, I'm not sure where you're getting that from...is it the fact that I want to know why you persist in coming to a Bills message board to bash the team, fans, and owner? The fact that you think you're owed something from a business that you willingly lent your support to, with no guarantee, is--in my opinion--both hilarious and pathetic.

BTW...why are you here?

Perhaps, tony, you should try saying what you mean in the original post next time.

Your comments throughout this thread completely belie your first post in it, in which you paint your stance as though you are "done with the Bills", despite the fact that--as undeniably evident from your follow-up posts--you clearly are not. This personally is something that I find ridiculous. Not just from you, but from anyone in any situation. If you are "done" with someone or something, then just move on. Announcing it to the world is, undeniably, a cry to get noticed, not the mark of someone that is moving on.

Throughout the subsequent discussion--which you obviously invited by starting the thread--you have failed to realize the relevant fact that other people's definition of "commit to becoming a winning organization that we can be proud of" may, in fact, be far different from yours. It appears, from your original post, that hiring anyone other than a Superbowl winning head coach represents something other than such a commitment. Clearly, many people on this board disagree.

You also appear as though you don't understand capitalism or the free market in the slightest when you make comments such as: "But don't get pissed at me for asking for some accountablility form this franchise, they owe me and everyone else who cares about this team that." Riddle me this, tony: who, exactly, forced you to "invest" in this team? Nobody. You chose to, period. They owe you nothing...at all. Ralph Wilson puts a product on the field, and it is your choice whether to "invest" in it or not. If you "invest" in the product, and you find it to be sub-standard, then you simply stop investing. You can't get mad at the producer of the product when it was 100% obvious from the moment of your investment that you have absolutely no guarantee of satisfaction, and no opportunity to get your investment back.

Ralph Wilson has provided you, your family, and everyone else in the Greater Buffalo Area with a professional sports franchise for a half-century. It is completely up to you whether you choose to be grateful or scornful for that, but to assume that you are owed something because a local business entity accepted billions of dollars from willing "investors", who received exactly what they knew they would (the right to attend football games), is--in my mind--incredibly misguided.

I hope this makes sense to you.

OK so by your logic, anyone who has ever been defrauded in an investment or has expected sound judgement from the management or the board of directors so shareholders can recieve proper value for their investment, should just shut up and not worry about it? Or I suppose they could just not buy anymore stock in that company. You are 100% wrong. This team owes all of us. THEY DO NOT OWE US A SUPERBOWL, THEY OWE US SOUND MANAGEMENT.

Also, had you read my original post, my being done with the bills is a conditional propsition, based on the idea that if they continue to be this dysfunctional franchise I will be done with them. This was not a cry for help it is a logic conclusion for years of poor performance and mismanagement.

Also, as my proession I am the owner and founder of a wealth mangement group with over 100 million in liquid assets, insurance, real estate, and lending instruments. I have a very solid understanding of capital markets. Perhaps you should brush up though.

Look At Me Please.

This thread, though probably cathartic to write, is really all about your feelings. Self serving threads not submitted to further discussion are LAMPS in my opinion. I only suggest it because you may have gotten a little less condemnation if you acknowledged the fact from the get go. At least then people may not have thought you were taking yourself so seriously. Then again, maybe not.

That is funny, but far from the truth. I wanted to start this thread to get people thinking about what we are all really doing by supporting this team and how it can be better. Perhaps some tough love is what this organization needs. It has little to do with me. I think by talking about the fears many bills fans have (mainly the idea that we must support this team no matter what or they will leave, must be addressed, as it is a position of fear.) Apparantly the thread did hit a nerve and I am glad people are talking about it. Hopefully it does some good and makes people look at how they view their commitment to this team and if that needs to addressed.

Well if I was 9 in 1988....I think that makes me a bit older. Like I said, I knew this would not be a popular topic, but it should be addressed.

Should be addressed? I don't think anyone gives a **** if you move along.. no address necessary.

OK so by your logic, anyone who has ever been defrauded in an investment or has expected sound judgement from the management or the board of directors so shareholders can recieve proper value for their investment, should just shut up and not worry about it? Or I suppose they could just not buy anymore stock in that company. You are 100% wrong. This team owes all of us. THEY DO NOT OWE US A SUPERBOWL, THEY OWE US SOUND MANAGEMENT.

Also, had you read my original post, my being done with the bills is a conditional propsition, based on the idea that if they continue to be this dysfunctional franchise I will be done with them. This was not a cry for help it is a logic conclusion for years of poor performance and mismanagement.

Also, as my proession I am the owner and founder of a wealth mangement group with over 100 million in liquid assets, insurance, real estate, and lending instruments. I have a very solid understanding of capital markets. Perhaps you should brush up though.

You have not been defrauded, tony. Far from it, in fact. I'd expect someone with your affluence to understand that if you make a poor investment, it's your fault, not the company's. As I'm certain you know, to invest in a company means to invest in all aspects of it. The fact that one (or more) of the company's divisions doesn't function soundly does not absolve you of your responsibility as an investor. The Bills are not a public asset, they are a private company. And as a private company, they owe you nothing. You bought their product, they gave you their product, nothing more, nothing less. You did so knowing that you risked receiving a poor product with no money-back guarantee, that's your problem, not theirs.

And yes, I read your original post. And you clearly stated this:

I have followed them through thick and thin. I can honestly say that if the Bills hire Leslie Frazier or another up and comming coordinator to be the head coach instead of doing whatever it takes to get a proven leader in here, than I am done with this organization.

Which to me, as I said, sounds like "hire a Superbowl winning head coach or I'm through". If that's not what you meant, then--as I suggested--you may choose to say what you mean next time.

You have not been defrauded, tony. Far from it, in fact. I'd expect someone with your affluence to understand that if you make a poor investment, it's your fault, not the company's. As I'm certain you know, to invest in a company means to invest in all aspects of it. The fact that one (or more) of the company's divisions doesn't function soundly does not absolve you of your responsibility as an investor. The Bills are not a public asset, they are a private company. And as a private company, they owe you nothing. You bought their product, they gave you their product, nothing more, nothing less. You did so knowing that you risked receiving a poor product with no money-back guarantee, that's your problem, not theirs.

And yes, I read your original post. And you clearly stated this:

I have followed them through thick and thin. I can honestly say that if the Bills hire Leslie Frazier or another up and comming coordinator to be the head coach instead of doing whatever it takes to get a proven leader in here, than I am done with this organization.

Which to me, as I said, sounds like "hire a Superbowl winning head coach or I'm through". If that's not what you meant, then--as I suggested--you may choose to say what you mean next time.

My meaning to that phrase is "get a head coach that can bring some credibility to this franchise" I am not a die hard Cowher guy, although I would be very happy if he was here. Billick would be fine, Dungy would be fine, I'd be fine with Martz...Just someone who has been there and done it and is a strong leader ( I do not think I can strss strong credible leader enough, since that is precisly what this franchise has lacked since Bill Polian left) that the organization can rally around. I think Leslie Frazier would make a very good head coach one day...he is just not what this team needs right now.

Also, I do not think I have been defrauded either, but the Bills do owe their fans. The fans are mlike shareholders and shareholders hold the companies they invest in accountable. We as Bills fans vote everyday about how we invest in this team. We do it though the merchandise we buy, or the tickets we buy, or the Directv we purchase. When you invest you are not guaranteed a retrn, but you need to be guaranteed accountability. that being said, I like ralph Wilson a s abusiness owner. I think he has done a lot of good things for the City of Buffalo. I believe that most of buffalos issue stem not from money or lack of effort, but more from a lack of leadership, corporate disorganization, and pure ego.

As I have said, the Bills owe the fans sound leadership and management and I do not think that is too much to ask for. I do not expect them to be in the Superbowl every year. I do expect them to run their business effeciently and not threaten to leae the city if the fans do not pony up and go to more games...that is absurd.

You

That is funny, but far from the truth. I wanted to start this thread to get people thinking about what we are all really doing by supporting this team and how it can be better. Perhaps some tough love is what this organization needs. It has little to do with me. I think by talking about the fears many bills fans have (mainly the idea that we must support this team no matter what or they will leave, must be addressed, as it is a position of fear.) Apparantly the thread did hit a nerve and I am glad people are talking about it. Hopefully it does some good and makes people look at how they view their commitment to this team and if that needs to addressed.

Fair enough. It was just a thought. I can understand the sentiment, but thought you may have been able to express it differently and avoid all the attacks.

Guess what: There are more of us than you think. Take off your blinders and realize that a utopian world of blind Ralph Wilson drones does not exist. You want this forum strictly for the use of "Kool-aid drinking Billievers"? That would sure make for a fun message board...I suggest you realize we want our team free from the clutches of the evil Detroit miser who extorts the fans without reward. We will be happy to root for the Bills, even if they suck, so long as the OWNER is doing all he can to make them winners, and unconditionally commit to Buffalo as the permanent home for his team..

He wants to put out a cheap, losing product that the ignorant masses will forever support unconditionally. You are only enabling this behavior with the "BILLIEVING" garbage. Stop thinking small, and buying into Wilson's game. Start rejecting the perpetual abuse, the endless preying on your fears, and start BILLIEVING that Ralph is LUCKY to have Buffalo to represent his team, NOT the other way around. If he doesn't appreciate Buffalo, and do everything in his power to please his customers, HE can go eff himself.

Don't worry bro.. he will be dead soon.

amen brother...

Why it actually took like 7 like and like a half days like you know. Like i didnt relaize this was like english class like i was like in like high school again like my teacher trying to like correct me grammer.

Like and like ripping me like states like that you have like no argument like left, so like you should just like go away. take your avatar down cause like you are like no obviously like a Bills fan.

Seriously dude. If you dont like the Bills, dont be on this board. Why is that such a hard concept. (this took 5 min to write because i had to strategically place all the likes

Dude.. you like have a serious like problem.. Like please lay off the word like.. Like thanks!