speculation of McNabb trade

shaker4187

If the Eagles do indeed decide to part ways with McNabb, the next question is, where will he land? Buffalo and Denver could both be interested, but if Terrell Owens’ remains a Bill, McNabb would likely pass on Buffalo. We could even see McNabb in Washington running Mike Shanahan’s West Coast Offense. And if Brett Favre finally decides to call it quits, the Vikings could be interested in another quality vet to take his place. This issue could come up sooner rather than later if the Eagles don’t take care of business against the Cowboys tonight. NFL odds makers have listed the Eagles as a 4-point underdog in the contest.

McNabb speculation

If the Eagles do indeed decide to part ways with McNabb, the next question is, where will he land? Buffalo and Denver could both be interested, but if Terrell Owens’ remains a Bill, McNabb would likely pass on Buffalo. We could even see McNabb in Washington running Mike Shanahan’s West Coast Offense. And if Brett Favre finally decides to call it quits, the Vikings could be interested in another quality vet to take his place. This issue could come up sooner rather than later if the Eagles don’t take care of business against the Cowboys tonight. NFL odds makers have listed the Eagles as a 4-point underdog in the contest.

McNabb speculation

if Owens remains a Bill? are you serious you tool? Did you just start watching football?

Kolb is the Philly QB to trade for

No way to Kolb. Potential for R Johnson part II. I would take McNabb in an instant provided the price was not too steep. Proven QB. Would give the O a sense of confidence because they would have a guy they are sure could get it done. The Syracuse thing wouldn't hurt either.

The Bills aren't close enough to being a contending team for a McNabb trade to be worthwhile. This rebuilding process should be done properly through the draft. We can't afford to be giving up draft picks for players unless it's for a young QB of the future. I'd rather have Kolb, but the trade cost for him would likely be too high as well.

For a season or 2 til a "QB of the future/Brohm" is ready to take over, sure, I would make a deal. Right now the Bills need a good experienced veteran to help build the offence for the "QB of the future", but would he want to come to a rebuilding team to teach, or would he rather go to a contendor. Its hard to say if the vikings would want to go that route again for another SB push if Favre can't get them there.

Owens will not be a Bill unless No one else in the league wants him.

I don't know if the Eagles would be so eager to dump McNabb though, but if they do, Kolb will be the guy to take over, they won't be dealing him if McNabb will be leaving soon (unless they already know he won't be a starter in the league). If any QB on the Eagles roster is moved, its Vick. The Eagles are not going to pick up his option that would give him starter money after they barely used him this year

The Bills aren't close enough to being a contending team for a McNabb trade to be worthwhile. This rebuilding process should be done properly through the draft. We can't afford to be giving up draft picks for players unless it's for a young QB of the future. I'd rather have Kolb, but the trade cost for him would likely be too high as well.

The point to bringing in McNabb would be to "teach" and mentor a young QB and groom him into the starter. The biggest issue is if McNabb would accept that role, likely he will want to go to a contendor to get a SB, if he is on the trading block at all

I think The Eagles hold on to McNabb for another year he took the team to the playoffs and a 11-5 record. McNabb also took the Eagles on a deep playoff run just last year all the way to the NFC title game. Kolb is a nice backup and I don't know if he is demanding to start or his contract status.

Kolb has been on the bench for 3 years now but I think he still has a few years left on his deal. I think that the only way the Eagles trade McNabb is if they feel like they know what they have in Kolb. The NFL is a win now league (Well for everyone except Buffalo) and if you can take another year of having a sure thing at QB I think you have to take that after all McNabb isn't that old and his production hasn't dipped.

BUT If the Eagles do decide to move on and trade McNabb I would be all for getting him at the right price. I think if McNabb could be had for 2nd round pick or maybe two 3rd round picks I would seriously consider taking him. I mean when was the last time we had a professional QB in town?

No way to Kolb. Potential for R Johnson part II. I would take McNabb in an instant provided the price was not too steep. Proven QB. Would give the O a sense of confidence because they would have a guy they are sure could get it done. The Syracuse thing wouldn't hurt either.

There's also potential for Matt Schaub part II. Obviously, it would be a risk and would depend on the cost. Schaub was a 3rd round pick and cost the Texans two 2nd round picks. Kolb was an early 2nd round pick, and would cost a lot more. A trade for either Kolb or McNabb of them wouldn't really work and I don't see it happening.

They are a fictional construct designed to scare children.

Seriously. A Bills fan is worried about a QB's playoff rating when we haven't sniffed the playoffs in a decade?

"Don't be a re-tahd" as our friends in Boston would say. If McNabb is available, bring him in. A 50% McNabb is 10000x better than Patrick FitzRyan.

Well, well well, what the hell... looks like LT Slug Peters was part of the problem tonight, as opposed to the answer.

McNabb one step closer to putting Syracuse a$$es in seats, as well as other Irish gamegoers from WNY.

I'm sick & tired of watching young Qbs (get groomed) and I'm sick & tired of reading about the Eagles in the Syracuse paper.

The point to bringing in McNabb would be to "teach" and mentor a young QB and groom him into the starter. The biggest issue is if McNabb would accept that role, likely he will want to go to a contendor to get a SB, if he is on the trading block at all

If that's the major selling point, then why not just pick up a veteran QB like Redman or Batch in free agency rather than trading away draft picks when we have major deficiencies at every position but two? Besides, the QB teach and mentor stuff is BS. Quarterbacks nowadays get thrown into the fire and learn through experience.

Kolb is the Philly QB to trade for

I think it's pretty clear that the import of all the information is that the Eagles are willing to let McNabb walk and install Kolb as the starter.

The McNabb era has run its course. He's not gonna get any better and is probably in the beginning of his decline.

Kolb meanwhile was a 2nd round pick whom the Eagles have been grooming as his eventual successor.

There is no way the Eagles trade Kevin Kolb.