speculation of McNabb trade

shaker4187

The point to bringing in McNabb would be to "teach" and mentor a young QB and groom him into the starter. The biggest issue is if McNabb would accept that role, likely he will want to go to a contendor to get a SB, if he is on the trading block at all

if you want to "teach" a young QB, you hire a good QB coach.

better yet if that QB coach was a former player, an even better if the OC has the same traits (Brian S.)

player are delusional if they think a vet QB trying to prolong his career has any interest at all in working with the guy trying to end his career.

Even with McNabb in decline were a playoff team with him and then build from there

It would be great from a building stand point. Younger receivers coming up (Hardy, Johnson, ), Evans, Jackson, and Lynch could really be used, and we could spend that 1st rounder on a LT. Brohm and Fitz could remain backups and we could get a DT or Linebacker in the 2nd round.

It would be great from a building stand point. Younger receivers coming up (Hardy, Johnson, ), Evans, Jackson, and Lynch could really be used, and we could spend that 1st rounder on a LT. Brohm and Fitz could remain backups and we could get a DT or Linebacker in the 2nd round.

Agreed, I'd be happy my only concern would be is he too much on the downside of hid career, like bledsoe was?

If that's the major selling point, then why not just pick up a veteran QB like Redman or Batch in free agency rather than trading away draft picks when we have major deficiencies at every position but two? Besides, the QB teach and mentor stuff is BS. Quarterbacks nowadays get thrown into the fire and learn through experience.

Quarterbacks nowadays learn if they are good enough to learn. Aaron Rodgers learned from the bench. Drew Brees needed time as well and Philip Rivers learned behind Brees(these examples directly associate to Buddy Nix for what it's worth). Some guys just aren't ready and assuming they are is a bigger mistake than letting them learn from the sideline.

Redman or Batch aren't going to win for you. They are just going to make your fans demand that someone else be put in. Like Ryan Fitzpatrick or Trent Edwards. McNabb, on the other hand, is a winner. He's been to 6 NFC championship games and a Super Bowl. He is not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but he is good enough to get you to the playoffs and win a game or two. He would bring respect and credibility to the lockerroom, which is important for getting the culture of losing reversed.

Lastly, keep in mind the Arizona Cardinals. When the Cardinals drafted Matt Leinart they were considered a team with nothing going for it except a couple good receivers. Had they not had a washed up Kurt Warner to step in for Leinart they would probably still be a league doormat. And Leinart may still one day be the QB of the future in Arizona. McNabb could do a simialar job in Buffalo, where he would be well suited to QB a Schottenheimer/Cowher type offense.

Is it possible to have one thread on here without any insults? I don't agree with his opinion but no need for this type of response.

No, it's not possible. There will always be those who feel they need to insult. I laugh it off and move on. I do however enjoy the occastion humorous reply.

if you want to "teach" a young QB, you hire a good QB coach.

better yet if that QB coach was a former player, an even better if the OC has the same traits (Brian S.)

player are delusional if they think a vet QB trying to prolong his career has any interest at all in working with the guy trying to end his career.

yeah, cause sitting behind Favre taught Rogers nothing. Sitting behind Collins didn't help Vince Young. I'm sure sitting behind McNabb has not helped Kolb (a guy everyone wants here). Is it possible Brady learned anything sitting behind Bledsoe, or Cassel learned anything sitting behind Brady? After today, we should be able to see what sitting behind Warner has done for Leinart. Yeah, it never helps young QB's to sit on the bench in behind a solid veteran QB that they can learn things from.

i would NOT want McNabb......has an 80 QB rating in playoffs. T.O. called him out for an anxiety attack so bad he literaly couldn't call the plays in the huddle.....now his backup Kolb is interesting.

better than the QB rating the current Bills QB's have in the playoffs...

yeah, cause sitting behind Favre taught Rogers nothing. Sitting behind Collins didn't help Vince Young. I'm sure sitting behind McNabb has not helped Kolb (a guy everyone wants here). Is it possible Brady learned anything sitting behind Bledsoe, or Cassel learned anything sitting behind Brady? After today, we should be able to see what sitting behind Warner has done for Leinart. Yeah, it never helps young QB's to sit on the bench in behind a solid veteran QB that they can learn things from.

yeah Brett Favre taught Rogers a whole lot from his his private dressing room

more likely is that all of those teams with young QBs actually had the smarts to utilize a good QB coach and a good OC who were on the same page and knew how to develop a QB.

probably did not use the QB coach position as an internship