Seattle fires Jim Mora

FluffHead

Yes, they have a slightly above-average QB with a bad back. How much longer do you think he'll be around even?

For a HC taking over a team and rebuilding it, its almost better to have noone at QB so you can insert your own guy whenever u choose, as opposed to dealing with an aging QB who one may mistakenly try to build around.

Unless you want to groom a new guy and give him a couple years in the NFL before throwing him to the wolves. Some of the sports guys in town were trying to say the Hawks need to sign him for two more years and let Matt mentor him. Really if Seattle figured out its o line they would be a decent team in a weak division.

Seattle is not a horrible football town most sports fans are fair weather. Seattle just has no tradition of winning over a long period of time. I think that is what takes a normal sports town to a passionate sports town.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone i know works for a national publication as a sports reporter/blogger, he says Jay Glazer is the best at getting inside info. After the past few weeks I have to concur. He says Peter King is losing it. Mort is just ornery. And Schefter since leaving NFL.com is not privy to some of the same sources as before.

C

While Cowher could use Seattle as a bargaining chip, the truth is he doesn't need one. He has all the credibility in the world.

Cowher does not strike me as the kind of guy to coach out west. Not that I know the man or anything though.

Furthermore, I'm sure Cowher remembers the atmosphere in Buffalo. Its a true NFL football city. Seattle does not measure up in any way. For those of you who say that they have a good crowd or a loud stadium, it's a misconception. It seems louder on TV because their stadium is built to maximize crowd noise on the field. I attended the Bills/Seahawks game a few years ago. November of 04 I think. They were a good team that year, but the crowd was very mild-mannered and never got loud. Might have helped that we torched them 38-10 or something like that.

I hate to tell you this but cower could give a **** about atmosphere

Unless you want to groom a new guy and give him a couple years in the NFL before throwing him to the wolves. Some of the sports guys in town were trying to say the Hawks need to sign him for two more years and let Matt mentor him. Really if Seattle figured out its o line they would be a decent team in a weak division.

Seattle is not a horrible football town most sports fans are fair weather. Seattle just has no tradition of winning over a long period of time. I think that is what takes a normal sports town to a passionate sports town.

Neither does Buffalo.

Not really. Seattle traded one of their LBs away because they didn't want to pay him. Remind you of any moves the Bills have made?

Seattle grossly overpaid for Peterson, asked him to take a pay cut,he wouldn't, so they dumped him on the Lions. They got a player and a draft choice in return.

That compares very little with Bills cash to crap philosophy which permeates all aspects of the organization.

just not true. very ignorant!

You did check my profile to see where I live, right? I've lived here for 4 football seasons and no one at work gives a crap about football. There are bigger, more enthusiastic crowds for MLS soccer than for the Seahawks, which is pretty sad.

Seattle may not be a horrible football town, but they are no better than average. I'd also go so far as to say that they are equally or more interested in College football than NFL.

As to the poster who says cowher doesnt care about atmosphere. Yeah, it's likely not in the top 10 things he's looking for but he is a grassroots smashmouth football guy and u can only assume that if all things are equal that atmosphere would play a role.

Conversely, there are some positives for a coach who takes over a team with a lukewarm fanbase and a bad roster. In the city with the rabid fanbase, expectations are automatically going to be more unrealistic and criticism will come faster and harder when success doesn't occur immediately.

If I were cowher, id either take the Bills job or just sit the year out again.

Seattle grossly overpaid for Peterson, asked him to take a pay cut,he wouldn't, so they dumped him on the Lions. They got a player and a draft choice in return.

That compares very little with Bills cash to crap philosophy.

You do realize most teams do cash to cap?

Not really. Seattle traded one of their LBs away because they didn't want to pay him. Remind you of any moves the Bills have made?

Seattle also kicked Shaun Alexander to the curb when he wanted more money too. How's their running game been since then?

trading your over the hill (and injury plagued) LB with a lot of money remaining on his contract while you still can for a decent DT doesnt sound cheap to me. Especially when you account for the fact they had big contracts commited elsewhere. And they drafted a LB in May.

You did check my profile to see where I live, right? I've lived here for 4 football seasons and no one at work gives a crap about football. There are bigger, more enthusiastic crowds for MLS soccer than for the Seahawks, which is pretty sad.

lived there longer. not true. loudest stadium in the league. do they have the pashion of die hard bills fans, NO WAY. but to they care a lot about football in the NW. they just never have a winner

Seattle is not all that great of a city.

Have you been to Seattle? It is a beautiful city.

Buffalo went to four super bowls in in four years, That gives a little tradition of winning. THe Bills fans have tasted victory over a period of time like no other team in history. Yeah we may not have a tradition of winning but when compared to the Hawks we do!!!! Most fans are waiting for the glory years to come back.

Have you been to Seattle? It is a beautiful city.

Buffalo went to four super bowls in in four years, That gives a little tradition of winning. THe Bills fans have tasted victory over a period of time like no other team in history. Yeah we may not have a tradition of winning but when compared to the Hawks we do!!!! Most fans are waiting for the glory years to come back.

4 outta 50 ain't tradition.

I love how Adam Schefter is talking about Cowher being a good option for Seattle....

But on Monday he said his sources close to Cowher told him that "Cowher isnt going to be coaching in 2010" Contradicting himself much? He has been looking like a fool all week with reports from Marty Schottenheimer saying that "Cowher in Buffalo is very much an option" when he was on Sirius radio yesterday and Marty doesn't make things up and especially when he is friends with Cowher. Then this morning Cowher's Pittsburgh Colleagues where quoted saying "Bills and Cowher very much a reality."

Looks like Schefter has no clue what his talking about when it comes to Cowher

I love how Adam Schefter is talking about Cowher being a good option for Seattle....

But on Monday he said his sources close to Cowher told him that "Cowher isnt going to be coaching in 2010" Contradicting himself much? He has been looking like a fool all week with reports from Marty Schottenheimer saying that "Cowher in Buffalo is very much an option" when he was on Sirius radio yesterday and Marty doesn't make things up and especially when he is friends with Cowher. Then this morning Cowher's Pittsburgh Colleagues where quoted saying "Bills and Cowher very much a reality."

Looks like Schefter has no clue what his talking about when it comes to Cowher

I just listened to Schefter blab for 5 minutes and say absolutely nothing. How's this for journalistic genius - "the Seattle Seahwaks will now either go for a GM, then a head coach. Or a head coach, then a GM." Wow ... he's the next Howard Cosell, I'll tell ya. This guy is a dolt.