Seattle fires Jim Mora

FluffHead

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN reported this almost 20 minutes AFTER Jay Glazer and FOX Sports did.

ESPN seems to be losing insight and sources. FOX and Glazer have reported almost if not all of this off seasons top stories first.

Maybe thats why Schefter and Mortenson have only been speculating whats going to happen. And Glazer has been breaking news stories after news stories. I guess thats what happens when ESPN takes a story and twist it around time after time. Seem to be losing alot of credibility

While Cowher could use Seattle as a bargaining chip, the truth is he doesn't need one. He has all the credibility in the world.

Cowher does not strike me as the kind of guy to coach out west. Not that I know the man or anything though.

Furthermore, I'm sure Cowher remembers the atmosphere in Buffalo. Its a true NFL football city. Seattle does not measure up in any way. For those of you who say that they have a good crowd or a loud stadium, it's a misconception. It seems louder on TV because their stadium is built to maximize crowd noise on the field. I attended the Bills/Seahawks game a few years ago. November of 04 I think. They were a good team that year, but the crowd was very mild-mannered and never got loud. Might have helped that we torched them 38-10 or something like that.

Bills were an extremely strong position being the only team searching, but it couldn't last forever. Still, only two teams with openings is pretty nice. And no playoff team will end up firing a coach except maybe the Cowboys or if someone retires.

Seahawks are in a worse position than the Bills. But they have way more money.

Bills were an extremely strong position being the only team searching, but it couldn't last forever. Still, only two teams with openings is pretty nice. And no playoff team will end up firing a coach except maybe the Cowboys or if someone retires.

Seahawks are in a worse position than the Bills. But they have way more money.

Seahawks have a QB. There line is horrible and that is why they sucked so bad, They also had almost as many people on IR. There D is good and they have some weapons on O they are not that far away. I live in Seattle and have to listen to their sport talk radio.

For some reason I just can't see Cowher coaching in a city like Seattle. Just doesn't seem like a fit. Seems like an East Coast, maybe Midwest type of guy. Not a laid back, enviromental, "cultured", soft West Coast person. JMO. :thumbsup:

Right, but his wife might like it there and from what I hear, she's the one who doesn't want to live in Buffalo.

There's a difference between losing credibility and getting scooped.

No they are related... when you lose creditabliy other Sports Media will be informed of such news first.

Glazer is a more trusted Reporter so he is being told things before Schefter and Mortenson and Clayton are informed... As evident as this off season.. Glazer has broke more stories than Mortenson and Schefter combined. While Schefter, Clayton and Mortenson get frustrated and sit back and speculate and pass it off as real sources telling them information. Not too many things they have said this off season have been came to be true.

Like Schefter claiming his sources close to Cowher told him that Cowher isnt interested in coaching anymore because only the Bills job is open.. Now at least 3-4 sources have said different

Like Mortenson claiming his sources telling him that Shanahan (if im not mistaken) was going to be taken the Kansas City job

Like Mortenson and both Schefter claimed that Mangini was going to be fired.

Like Schefter claiming his sources said John Fox was on his way out

Im sure you get the pattern.....

Seattle didn't wait long as they gave the Vikings a call to talk to Frazier. It will be interesting to see how this has an impact on the Buffalo job.

Seattle called Frazier? But I thought he was a no-good reject first-time head coach that only the Bills could hire for minimum wage?

PTR

Seahawks have a QB. There line is horrible and that is why they sucked so bad, They also had almost as many people on IR. There D is good and they have some weapons on O they are not that far away. I live in Seattle and have to listen to their sport talk radio.

Yes, they have a slightly above-average QB with a bad back. How much longer do you think he'll be around even?

For a HC taking over a team and rebuilding it, its almost better to have noone at QB so you can insert your own guy whenever u choose, as opposed to dealing with an aging QB who one may mistakenly try to build around.

Seattle called Frazier? But I thought he was a no-good reject first-time head coach that only the Bills could hire for minimum wage?

PTR

Paul Allen is a great owner. He is in a different league then Ralph. thats just the truth. His major love is the Portland TrailBlazers though, he just basically stepped in and saved the hawks from moving. He does love them too though obviously. Yes Paul has cancer, but he has also beat cancer before and I think he will again. Trust me this is not a move to get Bill Cowher! Vulcan Inc, AKA allens company will not spend 7-to8 million a year on a football coach. It just wont happen. And most importantly Bill Cowher will not move to the great NW. 100% Cowher is not going to Seattle

Seattle just could not resist drinking the Cowher kool-aid knowing he could easily be had. I love Buffalo, don't get me wrong....but if the Bills are in play for his services, any team in the NFL could be in that mix if they have an opening. Now Seattle does.