*Offical 24 Thread for 2010*

ajzepp

dude, I was pissing myself....every scene the guy is in, his face tells it all! lol I even heard a high pitched squeal come out of him when Jack was throwing him up against the wall :worthy:

YES, the squeal sent me over the top! It's not a comedy, but I never laughed so hard during a 24 epiode.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who laughed out loud at the Russian diplomat being "stick pinned" to the floor like a dragonfly to a poster board at the grade school science fair?

Jack has killed more people than small pox. I've almost forgotten how horrible this season is. Almost.

Crap, I forgot to setup a recording before I left for work this morning. I hope I get back to the apartment before 8 with just enough time to set it up before I have to leave again. If I miss this one, I'm an idiot.

Yes, I know it'll be online shortly, but that's not the point.

Crap, I forgot to setup a recording before I left for work this morning. I hope I get back to the apartment before 8 with just enough time to set it up before I have to leave again. If I miss this one, I'm an idiot.

Yes, I know it'll be online shortly, but that's not the point.

Dude, tell me you're not still using VHS lol

Dude, tell me you're not still using VHS lol

I tried to word that so that it wouldn't sound like I am, but yes, I have not joined the DVR age yet. But anyway, I do get to watch the first hour and then I head out for a hockey game. I'll have to catch the 2nd hour on tape.

I tried to word that so that it wouldn't sound like I am, but yes, I have not joined the DVR age yet. But anyway, I do get to watch the first hour and then I head out for a hockey game. I'll have to catch the 2nd hour on tape.

omg dude....lmfao

omg dude....lmfao

Come on, I'm far from being the last person to still be using one. It gets the job done.

I'll hold off my thoughts until tomorrow. I really should be sleeping.

Wow. That's how they go out?

Look, I am a HUGE fan of 24. For the first few seasons I put it right up there with LOST as far as quality. But somewhere (Season 6? 5?) it totally lost its way (no pun intended). This last season has been hilariously awful. If it wasn't for the great performance that Keifer puts in, the show would have been damn near unwatchable.

Then they get canceled. With about 8 episodes left to shoot. I thought they got the shaft and at least deserved to know one full year in advance so they could PROPERLY send off the show in style. But still, they had time to do a proper goodbye. And they tried like hell to set one one up -- abandoning their main plot in the whole season to go with an even more insane one just to be like, "fu*k it, we're canceled, so let's really just let Jack loose...". And I was down with that. I was loving the past few episodes because of how unbelievably lazy the show had become ...

So I had mediocre hopes going into the finale. I will admit to that. But part of me really wanted a great ending that this franchise truly deserves. Above all else, the writers and creators owed us that much. Even if it was just a glimmer of its former glory. But damn was that not one of the worst, most ludicrious in terms of logic/emotion/story finale ever? Holy schnikes! This was the most lazy, hackjob finale I've ever seen. Even worse than The X-Files. And that's saying something. At least the X-Files had Chris Carter himself writing the finale and at least trying to make it compelling. But 24 doesn't even give us Sunrow and Gordon? They give us two staff writers for the first half of the finale and Gordon alone for the final hour.

Maybe I'm being unfair too because it's airing after LOST's finale which showed that a show CAN be good for 6 seasons and still deliver an amazing, fulfilling conclusion. It's hard to compete with that. But damn, this was once a great show it's sad for it to go out on such a god awful note.

/rant ...

I liked that ending better when it was called season 4. Eh, it wasn't horrible, but it just wasn't finale material either. It existed for the sole purpose of setting up movies. Every important character is still in play, even if Logan might actually be dumb now like he pretended to be back in season 5. The only character who actually had any major downfall in the end was President Taylor, but no one really cared about her anyway. I really enjoyed the first hour and a half last night, but the last half hour was a bit of a let down. And I don't know who is at fault on this one, but not having Aaron Pierce at any point in this season was a major disservice (don't know if it's a word, but it is now) to the hardcore fans.

On another note, whatever political party Logan and Taylor are from is pretty much screwed in the 24 world. Keeler is elected and then shot down in air force one. Logan then takes over and is forced to resign. Then no one knows what really happened with Hal Gardner. Anyway, a couple years later, Taylor's elected but eventually resigns after major scandal. There's no way I'm voting for the next guy.

Finally saw the ending yesterday... no doubt it felt repetitive the last few seasons, but this show was still a blast to watch, I'm sad it's over. IMO one of the very, very few network TV series that felt nothing like a TV show... watching the DVDs/BD felt like watching a (very long) movie, especially without the crappy Fox logo and the commercials.

Finally saw the ending yesterday... no doubt it felt repetitive the last few seasons, but this show was still a blast to watch, I'm sad it's over. IMO one of the very, very few network TV series that felt nothing like a TV show... watching the DVDs/BD felt like watching a (very long) movie, especially without the crappy Fox logo and the commercials.

I wish they had cut out the "previously on 24" scenes on the dvds.

I wish they had cut out the "previously on 24" scenes on the dvds.
Yeah, I didn't need that either... guess it's good those who will go back & watch a single episode. I'm more glad they left off the "next week on 24"'s as broadcast, I would change the channel when watching it live, too many spoilers.

I agree, man...aside from a few of the episodes from the first half of this past season, I've always felt the show was pretty consistent. I didn't really see this finale as a TRUE finale since we already know that they have plans for at least one feature film. Watching the first few seasons on DVD was the BOMB, and that will always be some of the best "tv" I've ever seen. It really made a case for holding off on watching a tv show until it was available on dvd/bd, cause that was a really fun way to watch. I totally agree that it felt more like watching a long ass movie than it did a tv show.

I'm sad it's over too, but I'm looking forward to seeing Jack Bauer show up on the big screen 0:)

I agree, man...aside from a few of the episodes from the first half of this past season, I've always felt the show was pretty consistent. I didn't really see this finale as a TRUE finale since we already know that they have plans for at least one feature film. Watching the first few seasons on DVD was the BOMB, and that will always be some of the best "tv" I've ever seen. It really made a case for holding off on watching a tv show until it was available on dvd/bd, cause that was a really fun way to watch. I totally agree that it felt more like watching a long ass movie than it did a tv show.

I'm sad it's over too, but I'm looking forward to seeing Jack Bauer show up on the big screen 0:)

I didn't know they would be making a movie, that's cool. If he's only got 2 hours, Jack is really gonna kill some people!

I didn't know they would be making a movie, that's cool. If he's only got 2 hours, Jack is really gonna kill some people!

Hell yeah! 0:)