*Offical 24 Thread for 2010*

ajzepp

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hockey team switched to all monday night games this winter. It was fine in September, but now I'm not too crazy about the change.

I used to have that same problem cause I work mostly nights....but honestly, I'm at the point now where 90% of my television viewing is off the DVR. It almost doesn't even matter to me when shows air, as long as I remembered to tell my machine that I want a particular series recorded. The only thing that bugs me is missing live sporting events....it's just not the same watching recorded sports.

Looks like part of this season of 24 involves Jack trying to track down an assassin....I've always enjoyed that scenario <_<

I love how they do the two night, 4-hr premier....one hour just isn't enough after waiting so many months for the season to start....four hours is a nice, satisfying chunk of show to hold me over until the next week <_<

I love how they do the two night, 4-hr premier....one hour just isn't enough after waiting so many months for the season to start....four hours is a nice, satisfying chunk of show to hold me over until the next week :thumbsup:

But then you have to claw your way through every week after that. The fast start is great, but damn the rest of the weeks move by so slowly.

And as for your earlier post, if only I had a tivo. I do have a vcr, but I think I'll go to fox's website for the one's I miss. They should have those up quickly.

But then you have to claw your way through every week after that. The fast start is great, but damn the rest of the weeks move by so slowly.

And as for your earlier post, if only I had a tivo. I do have a vcr, but I think I'll go to fox's website for the one's I miss. They should have those up quickly.

Ah, okay, I see your dilemma. Good call, though, on the website. I think it's awesome how many shows you can watch in full on the network's websites now. My DVR let me down a few times during the Amazing Race and Survivor last season, and I really enjoyed watching both online a few times. They have a viewing room where you can watch alone or with others, and having the ability to chat with others during the show was a lot of fun. I'm almost positive that '24' is one of the shows that Fox has available on the website in its entirety, too. :thumbsup:

Ah, okay, I see your dilemma. Good call, though, on the website. I think it's awesome how many shows you can watch in full on the network's websites now. My DVR let me down a few times during the Amazing Race and Survivor last season, and I really enjoyed watching both online a few times. They have a viewing room where you can watch alone or with others, and having the ability to chat with others during the show was a lot of fun. I'm almost positive that '24' is one of the shows that Fox has available on the website in its entirety, too. :thumbsup:

At times I miss the days where they used to actually air reruns, but that is definitely gone. The only thing about watching on the internet is that I don't get to use my HD tv that way. I might have to try using the PS3 to watch it online. Hopefully those internet feeds have high quality.

shrader, you do watch other tv shows do'nt you? Because watching other shows is a great way to make the week go by faster.

I got a great deal on previous 24 seasons at Target, I'm slowly catching up and cant wait for the premier.

Man, I'm jealous! I've posted this before, but back a few years ago I asked on TBD if I should start watching 24 or Lost since I'd never seen an episode of either at the time. 24 won by a small margin, and since it was the show I was most interested in, I gave it a shot. I rented disc 1 from season 1 from Netflix and watched all four episodes straight through that night. I got so hooked so fast that I actually broke down and set foot in a Hollywood Video and rented whatever discs I could while waiting for Netflix to ship others. I zipped through the first four seasons in no time and made it to where season 5 was premiering....that's when I picked up the show on Fox from that point forward.

I LOVED being able to watch an entire season in a matter of days...it was a great way to get my mind off work and I loved every minute. Rico and I used to talk about how cool it would be to watch a season in real time, 24 hrs straight....good times :D

Enjoy!!

At times I miss the days where they used to actually air reruns, but that is definitely gone. The only thing about watching on the internet is that I don't get to use my HD tv that way. I might have to try using the PS3 to watch it online. Hopefully those internet feeds have high quality.

I can relate to that, man...I love my little Samsung LCD....definitely not quite the same watching online, but the quality of streaming seems to be improving all the time. I'm still shocked at how good some of these Netflix movies look streamed over my xbox!

Is Annie Wersching reprising her role as Renee Walker?

I hope so, her character was amazing. She should have won an Emmy for her performance.

I thought she was really good, too. I didn't care for her at first, but she grew on me. I really enjoyed her character development, particularly her struggle between "by the book" and "the way of Jack"....that was interesting and well played out.

• 2 weeks later...