What is so bad about Buffalo?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't help when you drive down the 90 past the Williamsville Commie Toll Barrier and you see heaps of shacks and huts lining the 90 as you go past Polkaville before the turn towards the 90/190 split.

:lol: That is some beautiful scenery.

:lol: That is some beautiful scenery.

haha... LOL one has to move out of the area to know what I'm talking about. Living in the Baltimore area, there are no WW2 era cape cods lol lining the Baltimore Beltway...as a matter of fact it's all trees.

Paying the toll prior to viewing all the Cheektowaga shacks makes it even more funny... but maybe that's my effed up sense of humor.

:lol:

What a dumb statement......talk about "smarmy"

Excuse me, what makes you think a "marketing guy"cant be a CEO?

How many people running a sports organization, not on the pure personel level, but the entrie organization, have actual experience in the game, itself?

Is "because it is cold" better for you?

Brandon can run all the off field stuff. Decide how many bouncy houses should be in the field house on game day, determine where the merchandise trailers should be placed in the parking lot, maybe control some budgetary issues. However, as it is, he makes decisions that affect everything that happens on the field. He was the acting GM last year, he has been making these decisions for longer than people know, and he will continue to make them... despite the dog and pony shuffling of the chairs that occurred last week.

This organization has been progressively getting worse in correlation with Brandon's influence and promotions.

and to take it a step further, we have Overdorf and Littman who also make decisions that negatively affect a head coach who's objective is winning.

Buffalo is a boring town compared to many other areas in this country

I moved away in 1997... and I know for a fact I will never move back to Buffalo

Love the Bills and the Sabres. Will visit on occasion.... but Buffalo has little to offer and that is why people leave and don't want to come there

Love the Bills and the Sabres. Will visit on occasion.... but Buffalo has little to offer and that is why people leave and don't want to come there

This is my brother Daryl and this is my other brother Daryl

I've lived in DC for about 10 years, and I'd move back to Buffalo in a second if it weren't for the fact that I can't do the work I do anywhere but DC. Cheap cost of living, beautiful houses, great food, burgeoning arts scene, sailing, skiing . . . what's not to like? Sure, the local government is a joke, but where isn't that the case? The quality of life in Buffalo is pretty damn good, so long as you're employed. It'd be a helluva place to live if you were making $8-12M/yr.

Where do you live?

Shannahan was allegedly offered $10 mil. + a piece of the team. Cowher was rumored to have talked to the team and now apparently is sticking with TV. You've heard the comment that "If Cowher wants to coach this season, he might have to take the job in Buffalo." Like it's some kind of prison sentence. Why can't we land a top-flight head coach? We ARE an NFL franchise right? One of thirty two. Is it Ralph, our personnel, the tough division, the city itself, the weather, or a combination of everything?

I think it's a bit of everything, plus Buffalo probably wouldn't be considered too "happening" as far as night life goes for 20 something millionaires. But I must say, when I visited Buffalo for my only game a couple years ago, (drove 6 hours from CT.) I met the nicest people in the world - from the hotel, to the convience stores, to the stadium. I was floored that people were so nice

A big change from the NYC d-bags I used to have to deal with. People may not want to coach/play here, and Buffalo may get the brunt of jokes in the press, but there is no denying the people of WNY are the nicest people in the world and the best fans. If people want to play/coach for a diehard fanbase, this is the place to do it.

Is "because it is cold" better for you?

In Cowher's case, I bet that's part of it. The cold, right now in the southeast, reminds many that moving back "up north" to a steady diet of brutal winters isn't a consideration. He's now a carolinian, so I'll bet he and his family are pretty content. Hopefully, I'm wrong though...Green Bay and Minnesota have had some pretty good coaches.

A big change from the NYC d-bags I used to have to deal with. People may not want to coach/play here, and Buffalo may get the brunt of jokes in the press, but there is no denying the people of WNY are the nicest people in the world

Anyplace will seem to have nice people when compared to NYC d-bags :thumbsup: You will generally find nice people anywhere you go, unless they are overrun by people from NYC and a few other select places.

Shannahan was allegedly offered $10 mil. + a piece of the team. Cowher was rumored to have talked to the team and now apparently is sticking with TV. You've heard the comment that "If Cowher wants to coach this season, he might have to take the job in Buffalo." Like it's some kind of prison sentence. Why can't we land a top-flight head coach? We ARE an NFL franchise right? One of thirty two. Is it Ralph, our personnel, the tough division, the city itself, the weather, or a combination of everything?

Just a guess - Ralph and CIN's Mike Brown are pretty much "birds of a feather" IMO. Burned into Brown's bean is what happened with his father in CLE.

I think Ralph isn't going to offer up any words that include "a piece of the team."

Personally, I don't care for Shanahan, for several reasons. He's an ambitious meddler in his own right IMO, and condoned and used the DEN style of line play that has injured numerous players through the years.

DEN is the sole team that I wish ill will on.

Sad but true. Though it's no worse than dozens of other cities.

It kind of depends what you are looking for. To say there is nothing to do in Buffalo is ridiculous. If you like winter sports, hunting, fishing, boating, partying in bars and friendly local taverns, gambling, going to strip clubs or eating great pub grub, Buffalo is a paradise.

If you want to hang out with movie stars on a beachfront avenue lined with palm trees, drinking Cristal, shopping for Rolex watches, getting the VIP treatment at velvet rope night clubs, then Buffalo is the wrong town to be in.

PTR