If media reports are true

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what you're talking about but the term "Kitch 22" is derived from an anthropology team that went to study primative cultures in 1922.

They happened upon a group of people so stupid that when confronted with a decision...any decision, they would either choose the wrong answer or confuse the issue so much that there became a situation with no right answer. The people were so stupid they literally had no chance of getting anything right. Their entire coutry was filled with dumb people, but this place was especially backward.

After a while this stupidity started wearing off on the anthropolgists. They had to get out of there before they became part of the crowd. They wrote a reoprt in a scientific journal called "Kitchener 1922". It became "Kitch 22" for short.

Did you play Balderdash much?

I don't know what you're talking about but the term "Kitch 22" is derived from an anthropology team that went to study primative cultures in 1922.

They happened upon a group of people so stupid that when confronted with a decision...any decision, they would either choose the wrong answer or confuse the issue so much that there became a situation with no right answer. The people were so stupid they literally had no chance of getting anything right. Their entire coutry was filled with dumb people, but this place was especially backward.

After a while this stupidity started wearing off on the anthropolgists. They had to get out of there before they became part of the crowd. They wrote a reoprt in a scientific journal called "Kitchener 1922". It became "Kitch 22" for short.

Downtown Kitchener is still very consistent with these 1922 studies. It would be interesting to hear a report from the original anthropologists on how the culture has evolved over the better part of a century. Even if said scientists no longer exist, surely experts could compare notes.

Some coaches inherit great rosters (Gruden), others develop them (Belicheck) and some have them thrust upon them (Cowher). Then there is the Bills....

While shedding nary a tear, I can say we are better off anyway. Kitch all that ?

That is funny

"Kitch 22" may also simply be "Catch 22" translated into WNY-ease.

For instance, "Dat der Cowher problem is a rill Kitch 22 ... but I swears I seen 'em drivin' down da two-nineny dis mornin, right byes da big blue wadder tower der."

WNY-ease?

How about a previous post in this thread - "I'm damned to being a smartass if I mock you out for this retarded error"

Ironic that they use the term "retarded error" in the phrase.

Nobody outside of WNY says "mock you out" or "mocked out". In the rest of the English speaking western world it's simply "mocked". How that got started I don't know, but I can almost hear the newly arriving Polish immigrant fashioning that one in Buffalo.

e.g. - "Ma, dat der Irish kid down da street der was "mocking me out" for wearing doze side-buckle rubber boots an' a ear-flap hat when it's 40 degrees der. I tole him to go shovel his driveway. Dat was before I noticed it was melted der"

And yes - Catch-22 was a phrase popularized after the Heller novel and subsequent 1970 movie by the same name.

"Kitch 22" may also simply be "Catch 22" translated into WNY-ease.

For instance, "Dat der Cowher problem is a rill Kitch 22 ... but I swears I seen 'em drivin' down da two-nineny dis mornin, right byes da big blue wadder tower der."

That is definitely not WNY talk ... sounds more like a Yuper. My wife's labor nurse for our second child was a Yuper and I couldn't understand a word she said for 12 hours ...

How about a previous post in this thread - "I'm damned to being a smartass if I mock you out for this retarded error". Ironic that they use the term "retarded error" in the phrase. Nobody outside of WNY says "mock you out" or "mocked out". In the rest of the English speaking western world it's simply "mocked". How that got started I don't know, but I can almost hear the newly arriving Polish immigrant fashioning that one in Buffalo.

Have a pop and STF about WNY slang.

...and, yes, I am mocking you out.

Did you play Balderdash much?

Hillarious. I was going to post the same thing!

Also, "primitive cultures in 1922". I have a hard time believing Teddy Roosevelt lived in a Primitive Culture...and he was a good 20 years before 1922!

But I have to love your tenacity Crayons! You really have a talent..I just hope you dont waste it all on bills message boards!

But I have to love your tenacity Crayons! You really have a talent..I just hope you dont waste it all on bills message boards!

I just hope that all the self-obsessed giggling coming from the basement doesn't scare his mom.....

Thanks to the other posters for the WNY slang, though. I have not heard "mock you out" in years! :rolleyes: