I hope the Jets lose for two reasons...

DarthICE

First...its the friggin Jests. Second, it puts Houston in the playoffs which means OBD has to deal with the fact we would be the only AFC team not to make the playoffs in the 2000's I believe.

Up that money for the Chin!

If I were RW I'd go as high as $30 million a year, with SB incentives, for Cowher.

I don't want the Jests to lose because of the embarrassment to the Bills. I want the Texans in the playoffs so Kubiak will have a firmer handle on his job.

If I were RW I'd go as high as $30 million a year, with SB incentives, for Cowher.

I don't want the Jests to lose because of the embarrassment to the Bills. I want the Texans in the playoffs so Kubiak will have a firmer handle on his job.

Me too...cross Cowher of the Texans list if they win the super bowl!

I was surprised they were discussing the game and Harrison basically said he thinks Cincy lets NY win because they would rather play the Jets in the playoffs than Houston....

????Why this guy?

second oldest non kicker in the game (Favre is the oldest), don't think he's ever made more then the league minimum, primarily special teams but does see 10-15 plays a game, just like him. Tried to find a link to an old SI article on him but came up empty.

Breathe.

No HC is going to be pulling $30M per year. You do realize that a staff then has to be hired too, etc.?

The other thing about Cowher is that he is not a genius coach. His strength is sound physical football played consistently at a playoff level, somewhat like a younger Marty Schottenheimer. He'd bring credibility to a franchise in Buffalo that has none. That means a lot. But he's not going to go anywhere and win with half his roster on IR like Belichick did back during the cheating days or revolutionize the game like Bill Walsh or Tom Landry. So giving him a percentage of the franchise is not going to make him into an instant savior. He won 1 SB in 15 years and it was wondered for a long time if he could ever win the big one. Make him the highest paid coach? Fine. You have to overpay to get that kind of coach to work for Ralph Wilson. The highest paid coach by 3x? No.

Good article! Every player should be like him!

Glad you liked it (and that my search efforts weren't in vain)...unfortunately doesn't look like the Texans will make the playoffs. If Cincy plays this way next week it'll be another one and done for them.