What will Jerry Sullivan whine about?

What will Jerry Sullivan whine about?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What will Jerry Sullivan whine about?

• Punting on 4th down in the 2ndQ instead of going for the first
    • Losing out on a better draft pick
    • Not starting Brohm
    • Running the score up on the Colts

he'll probably say we still have a huge mess in front of us...which any sane person would agree with...

Most likely this ... and I also believe he's going to give props to the loyal Bills fans who sit through weather like today's despite the too-often-inferior product the team has put on the field of late, and assert that it's time for the franchise to give them something better to watch.

Just a guess.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, we don't like that Sullivan complains about the team? All of his pieces aren't hatchet jobs, but pardon the man for seeing that the team is in poor shape.

It's ironic how fans are shouted down when they begin to "hate" on a player for various reasons. I've read it as "running" a player out of town. Now, posters are complaining about a newspaper columnist who isn't infatuated with the current state of the Bills?

This is surreal...a stinking newspaper columnist. :thumbsup:

I was thinking about Larry Felser today. That's a guy who never had a problem covering the Bills. Why? He took the time to develop contacts, which is what reporters do. He could probably get Ralph Wilson on the phone if he wanted to. When people like you, or at least don't think you are a walking herpes sore, they will talk to you and tell you stuff.

Somewhere along the way Jerry Sullivan decided contacts are for chumps and just started hammering away at the Bills. Then he got all indignant because they won't talk to him and feed him tidbits. Meanwhile a guy in Florida broadcasting from his basement over the internet is running circles around Sullivan.

PTR

His problem is it seems that his only job is just to complain about everything in a condescending, arrogant way. That being said, HE'S RIGHT! The Bills organization is a complete joke and until the Bills do something to move in a positive direction JS has the right to say and write whatever he wants. He is a douche though.

His problem is it seems that his only job is just to complain about everything in a condescending, arrogant way. That being said, HE'S RIGHT! The Bills organization is a complete joke and until the Bills do something to move in a positive direction JS has the right to say and write whatever he wants. He is a douche though.

He's right but he can't tell you why he's right. Sure he can look in the rear view mirror and point at things but he has no idea what goes on with the team right now. He just repeats the tired "Ralph is cheap" cliches. The only things he knows about the Bills are the things he reads on ESPN.com. He couldn't get Russ Brandon to pee on him if he were on fire.

PTR

So, we don't like that Sullivan complains about the team? All of his pieces aren't hatchet jobs, but pardon the man for seeing that the team is in poor shape.

It's ironic how fans are shouted down when they begin to "hate" on a player for various reasons. I've read it as "running" a player out of town. Now, posters are complaining about a newspaper columnist who isn't infatuated with the current state of the Bills?

This is surreal...a stinking newspaper columnist. :thumbsup:

Yes, the team is in poor shape. We all know that. We get it. They haven't made the playoffs in a decade; they're blowing up the FO, coaching staff, and likely the roster; this season concludes yeat another year of sucktitude. However, do we need all that shoved down our throats every single day?

They just played a fun game; got Fred Jackson his 1,000 yard season; got TO his 3rd place on the WR list; the fans are great for supporting this team in the weather like they do. There are some positives to talk about after today's game. So why not take a day and do that?

That doesn't change anything about how bad the Bills have been nor how much overhauling they may still have ahead of them. It just means there's a time and place for everything. And, IMO, tomorrow would be a good tiem to talk about the great play of Fred Jackson; the heart Kyle Williams showed; the greatness of the fans out in that stadium; or some other such positive story.

I was thinking about Larry Felser today. That's a guy who never had a problem covering the Bills. Why? He took the time to develop contacts, which is what reporters do. He could probably get Ralph Wilson on the phone if he wanted to.

PTR

Sullivan probably talks to Wilson more than most media personalities do. RW's is not ultra-accessible regardless.

And for the record, does anyone think Brandon is accessible? I for one do not, as it seems no local or national media type has had a soundbyte from Mr. Smithers. The last we heard him was after the Cleveland debacle. The man didn't even speak at his promotion/Nix' elevation to GM PC.

Sullivan probably talks to Wilson more than most media personalities do. RW's is not ultra-accessible regardless.

And for the record, does anyone think Brandon is accessible? I for one do not, as it seems no local or national media type has had a soundbyte from Mr. Smithers. The last we heard him was after the Cleveland debacle. The man didn't even speak at his promotion/Nix' elevation to GM PC.

I was really surprised that he didn't say anything. I know it was Buddy's day and all... but considering his promotion, I think he should've talked for at least a minute or so, even if he didn't field any questions from the reporters.

I was thinking about Larry Felser today. That's a guy who never had a problem covering the Bills. Why? He took the time to develop contacts, which is what reporters do. He could probably get Ralph Wilson on the phone if he wanted to. When people like you, or at least don't think you are a walking herpes sore, they will talk to you and tell you stuff.

Somewhere along the way Jerry Sullivan decided contacts are for chumps and just started hammering away at the Bills. Then he got all indignant because they won't talk to him and feed him tidbits. Meanwhile a guy in Florida broadcasting from his basement over the internet is running circles around Sullivan.

PTR

Dude, no one in FL has basements.

He's right but he can't tell you why he's right.

PTR,

It doesn't take a genius to justify his feelings about the Bills. Terrible drafts, horrible coaching decisions and FO hirings, no traceable FO hierarchy, botched personell decisions, marketing ploys to sell tickets, etc. Again, his delivery is that of a child, but he's on point.

I don't expect him to polish turds but he should at least be knowledgeable. The few times I've read one of his columns linked from here, it has been abundantly clear that the guy has no clue what he is yammering about. He's kind of like a few posterswhoshallremainnameless that have no real clue what is going on but insist that everybody else be subjected to their infallible wisdom.

Although I do agree with you that he owns a lot of folks around here who just can't seem to stop posting about him. Pwned by Jerry Sullivan; that must be embarrassing. :thumbsup:

So many pwned yet again. :beer::o:wacko: