What will Jerry Sullivan whine about?

What will Jerry Sullivan whine about?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What will Jerry Sullivan whine about?

• Punting on 4th down in the 2ndQ instead of going for the first
    • Losing out on a better draft pick
    • Not starting Brohm
    • Running the score up on the Colts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he's the best...unless you're one of those fans who needs smoke blown up your az.

great column...i so wish i could have gone to the game today., i always enjoy the wintry games the most.

Exactly. Is a franchise with a 10 year playoff drought supposed to be immune to criticism?

Solid column.

This has been a wierd couple of days in Buffalo.

A quick hire of an actual credible NFL GM, a sound beating of the Colts in the snow to start off the new decade, the planets seem to align as best they can for Cowher to come to town, and Jerry writes a heart warming column...to quote one of the best movies of all time, "Eddie, if I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.”

he'll probably say we still have a huge mess in front of us...which any sane person would agree with...

i'm not sure why everyone expects him to polish turds for this franchise.

He also probably won't mention how the Bills have one of the best and deepest secondaries in the NFL and how they ranked in the top 5 in every defensive passing category across the board, including allowing opposing QB's a paltry 61.1 QB Rating and intercepted a franchise record and 2nd in the NFL 28 passes on the season...

He also probably won't mention how the Bills have one of the best and deepest secondaries in the NFL and how they ranked in the top 5 in every defensive passing category across the board, including allowing opposing QB's a paltry 61.1 QB Rating and intercepted a franchise record and 2nd in the NFL 28 passes on the season...

I think the secondary is good, but don't you think the Bills 32nd ranked rush defense has something to do with our pass defense ranking?

I think the secondary is good, but don't you think the Bills 32nd ranked rush defense has something to do with our pass defense ranking?

Not really. Its not as if teams didn't try and throw the ball against us. They attempted more than 32 passes per game. They were not very successful. Opposing QB's had a passer rating of 61.1...the ability to run play action passes from those running plays should have in theory, made it easier to throw the ball, especially deep passes as the LB's and safeties cheated up towards the LOS, but it didn't. The argument that teams were able to run the ball so it made it easier to defend against the pass makes no sense at all. In fact, it made it that much more difficult, which is why it is so impressive.

Here are the worst rushing Defenses in the NFL and their opposing QB Rating:

1) KC: 87.1

2) TB: 87.2

3) BUF: 61.1

4) OAK: 89.7

5) CLE: 90.6

6) STL: 96.9

7) DEN: 75.0

8) DET: 107.0

9) IND: 80.6

10) CHI: 92.3

Pretty clear that teams that are bad against the run are not better against the pass because of it...

How many good QBs did the Bills face? Not many. Other than Brady, Brees, Schaub, a quarter of Manning, and maybe Ryan, the majority of QBs were fair to poor. And they lost to all the good QBs (would have lost if Manning played the whole game).

Tampa, Cleveland, Carolina, Tennessee, Jacksonville, KC, Miami twice, and Jets twice.

Not really. Its not as if teams didn't try and throw the ball against us. They attempted more than 32 passes per game. They were not very successful. Opposing QB's had a passer rating of 61.1...the ability to run play action passes from those running plays should have in theory, made it easier to throw the ball, especially deep passes as the LB's and safeties cheated up towards the LOS, but it didn't. The argument that teams were able to run the ball so it made it easier to defend against the pass makes no sense at all. In fact, it made it that much more difficult, which is why it is so impressive.

Here are the worst rushing Defenses in the NFL and their opposing QB Rating:

1) KC: 87.1

2) TB: 87.2

3) BUF: 61.1

4) OAK: 89.7

5) CLE: 90.6

6) STL: 96.9

7) DEN: 75.0

8) DET: 107.0

9) IND: 80.6

10) CHI: 92.3

Pretty clear that teams that are bad against the run are not better against the pass because of it...

That IS impressive. I stand corrected! What a friggen waste!