Brian Billick to interview for head coaching job

d_wag

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do you notice a theme there in those guys? Do you know what Brian's specialty is? Do you know the area of the football team that bares his imprint the most? Do you know what part of the Ravens team has sucked ass for years and years and years?

If you answered YES to all of those questions, you're punching yourself in the head right now...

Except for the fact that he has NEVER done that in ALL his year's in Baltimore.

Do you know anything about him?

I know he's got an overall winning record, 5-3 in the playoffs and has won the Super Bowl, and, after enduring the past 10 years, that's good enough for me.

I know he's got an overall winning record, 5-3 in the playoffs and has won the Super Bowl, and, after enduring the past 10 years, that's good enough for me.

So, you want to look at the items that make you all warm and fuzzy, but close your eyes to everything else? :lol:

Now I will agree 100% with that. I would most definitely take Ozzie over Buddy, and I would also take Belicheck as HC. :lol:

Some calls do go your way & some don't, but patterns do develop over time... and when push came to shove, Billick was wrong more often than not.

I hear you, but again, he has a ring. He must have done a lot right. He knows what it takes to get to and win the ultimate game. He has experience. He adapts to his personnel. He has charisma. He has a pulse on the sidelines. He has had success at the highest level. I will take all of that over whoever the hot coordinator is this year or a middling, experienced coach like Haslett or a college coach jumping to the pros. He would bring the Bills much needed credibility in the professional football world. The Bills currently have reality and perception problems on and off the field. The on field product has been terrible and misled by bad coaching. Billick is a good answer to that. Off the field the Bills are abused by national media outlets and it feeds into a bad perception of the organization/city. Billick solves that too. No one in the national media will see the Bills hiring him as anything but a strong and positive step forward. It will make Nix look good.