Tebow looks like a NFL QB tonight

Chuckknox

Nor have any college players currently in college.

Second round was my answer. None of the players mentioned as Bills 2nd round picks had the resume Tebow has. Hence, I beleive he has second round value.

I hope not.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabe Northern, Peerless Price, Tavares Tillman, Roscoe Parrish.....

Peerless was a GREAT value pick, he had several excellent seasons here then we got a first round pick from Atlanta for him. And he had a great attitude and was (and still is) a cool dude.

Please do not judge him on his second go round with the Bills.

To group him in with Gabe Northern is very unfair and incorrect.

Peerless was a GREAT value pick, he had several excellent seasons here then we got a first round pick from Atlanta for him. And he had a great attitude and was (and still is) a cool dude.

Please do not judge him on his second go round with the Bills.

To group him in with Gabe Northern is very unfair and incorrect.

thats the whole point. we're not judging peerless on his second, OR FIRST, time with the Bills. the only way to compare them fairly is based on the only experience they all have in common, their college career. i believe the point of the post was to mean, based on their college careers, we could do worse than Tebow.

Brian Billick is breaking down Tim Tebow about as expert as can be. You couldn't get better insight on the guy that you are now. From his system, to his mechanics, to his head. GREAT analysis from Billick. Doesn't bode well for Tebow.

Of course...Mr. Billick drafted Kyle Boller and kicked Trent Dilfer to the curb for Elvis Grbac so I think his QB judgment needs to be questioned a tad.

Of course...Mr. Billick drafted Kyle Boller and kicked Trent Dilfer to the curb for Elvis Grbac so I think his QB judgment needs to be questioned a tad.

6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Neither was much to work with.

i agree. i think its ridiculous to scoff at Tebow just because of his current mechanics. all he needs is a good QB coach. i believe he already has the ability and determination to learn how to throw correctly, he's just never had to.

So why hasn't he been "corrected" in four years at Florida ?

6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Neither was much to work with.

Except, at the time, Grbac had just come off a 28 TD 4100 yard season with the Chiefs, was much hyped and was supposed to be a huge upgrade over Dilfer who had just won the Super Bowl with them. Grbac was an epic fail in Baltimore and screwed up what should have been a dynastic run for the Ravens.

Now that could be on Ozzie Newsome too, but Billick was chronically incapable of fielding a quality QB in Baltimore. Grbac, Tony Banks, washed up Randall Cunningham, washed up Steve McNair, Anthony Wright, Kordell Stewart, etc.

The Grbac fail caused the trade of a 2 and a 1 to NE for the pick they used to whiff on Boller. The Pats* used the #1 to pick Vince Wilfork the following year which just compounds the fail even further.

Except, at the time, Grbac had just come off a 28 TD 4100 yard season with the Chiefs, was much hyped and was supposed to be a huge upgrade over Dilfer who had just won the Super Bowl with them. Grbac was an epic fail in Baltimore and screwed up what should have been a dynastic run for the Ravens.

Now that could be on Ozzie Newsome too, but Billick was chronically incapable of fielding a quality QB in Baltimore. Grbac, Tony Banks, washed up Randall Cunningham, washed up Steve McNair, Anthony Wright, Kordell Stewart, etc.

The Grbac fail caused the trade of a 2 and a 1 to NE for the pick they used to whiff on Boller. The Pats* used the #1 to pick Vince Wilfork the following year which just compounds the fail even further.

I wish the Bills could find a sh**ty failure of a GM like Ozzie Newsome....

Suffice it to say that one side of this argument will be very surprised. Hell, that side may end up being the Tebow detractors, who knows.

Someone suggested making wagers on this Tebow debate. I think that's a good idea so we don't argue endlessly about this young man until April.

It'd have to be a 3-year bet to give Tebow time to "develop" but I figure the wait wouldn't be that bad. It'd just be something else to follow in addition to the Bills during the NFL season. If the Bills actually draft him, all the better.

Can we agree that if Tebow is a "good NFL QB prospect" worthy of an early draft pick that he should end up being a starting QB in his 3rd year with a 60% completion rate and more TDs than INTs? I mean, why spend an early pick on him if he can't give you at least that much, right? If it takes him longer than 3 years to learn how to throw, what's the point?

If we can agree on that, you guys just need to name the stakes. Dinner, money, a kick to the groin, whatever. Dinner makes this a friendly bet and I can go for that. A kick to the groin, while unfriendly, might make the 3-yr wait more worth it, though.

I would only want to wager with long-time posters who have been around for awhile and accumulated lots of posts. That way, if you back out, at least you lose a valued screen name.

I won't back out. If I lose the bet, and I've been wrong before, will be wrong again, I'll be happy to buy someone dinner or stand there legs apart for you to kick me in the groin.

Who wants to wager on Tebow being an effective QB by his third year as described above? Name the stakes.

Suffice it to say that one side of this argument will be very surprised. Hell, that side may end up being the Tebow detractors, who knows.

Someone suggested making wagers on this Tebow debate. I think that's a good idea so we don't argue endlessly about this young man until April.

It'd have to be a 3-year bet to give Tebow time to "develop" but I figure the wait wouldn't be that bad. It'd just be something else to follow in addition to the Bills during the NFL season. If the Bills actually draft him, all the better.

Can we agree that if Tebow is a "good NFL QB prospect" worthy of an early draft pick that he should end up being a starting QB in his 3rd year with a 60% completion rate and more TDs than INTs? I mean, why spend an early pick on him if he can't give you at least that much, right? If it takes him longer than 3 years to learn how to throw, what's the point?

If we can agree on that, you guys just need to name the stakes. Dinner, money, a kick to the groin, whatever. Dinner makes this a friendly bet and I can go for that. A kick to the groin, while unfriendly, might make the 3-yr wait more worth it, though.

I would only want to wager with long-time posters who have been around for awhile and accumulated lots of posts. That way, if you back out, at least you lose a valued screen name.

I won't back out. If I lose the bet, and I've been wrong before, will be wrong again, I'll be happy to buy someone dinner or stand there legs apart for you to kick me in the groin.

Who wants to wager on Tebow being an effective QB by his third year as described above? Name the stakes.

Would love to bet, live in Asia though.

Gentlemans bet I am happy with, come throw it back in my face three years hence, I will hapily eat crow, if Tebow pans out as a full time NFL qb starter with more tds than INTs. If you win, I hope the Bills drafted him in the 2nd round even!

zazie, my man, I think we're on the same "side." I don't believe Tebow is a good NFL QB prospect, either.

The people I want to see accept the wager are those that look at Tebow play and see a strong accurate arm. Apparently those people exist. With a strong accurate arm and all his "winner" traits, it should be a slam dunk for Tebow to be an effective starting QB by his third year. I'm basically giving away a free dinner here (or money or kick to the groin or whatever).