Guess who doesn't like the move?

RayFinkle

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best I can say for this move is this: Imagine it happened a year ago today. Nobody would be complaining at all. Now, we just have to hope the stench of failure didn't rub off on Nix.

If it happened a year ago today, we'd have the double whammy: DJ retained on 12/30 and Buddy Nix as GM on 12/31.

It didn't happen a year ago, so it doesn't matter. It happened today. Thinking in hypotheticals is worthless.

"if there were more than one newspaper in buffalo ..."

Ahh, that old chestnut. List for me please the cities that have more than one paper, not counting megalopolises such as Los Angeles, New York and Chicago.

I can wait ...

I'm not the biggest Sully backer around, but he's paid to stir the pot. It would appear the pot has been stirred.

Again respected enough that no one gave him a GM gig. Oh and drafting? He just helped draft Maybin...

Give Maybin time. Immediate gratification is rare. And because other rookies did great this season doesn't

mean it will happen next season. NFL is about consistency. You don't know what Maybin

will turn out to be or Orakpo and Cushing. The Bills coaching leaves a lot to be desired. Lets see how most

of the young talent on this roster does with a legitimate head coach.

"if there were more than one newspaper in buffalo ..."

Ahh, that old chestnut. List for me please the cities that have more than one paper, not counting megalopolises such as Los Angeles, New York and Chicago.

L.A. only has one major daily that anyone pays attention to.

Give Maybin time. Immediate gratification is rare. And because other rookies did great this season doesn't

mean it will happen next season. NFL is about consistency. You don't know what Maybin

will turn out to be or Orakpo and Cushing. The Bills coaching leaves a lot to be desired. Lets see how most

of the young talent on this roster does with a legitimate head coach.

Maybin has been consistant. he has consistently sucked

sully:

Main Entry: 1sul·ly

Pronunciation: \ˈsə-lē\

Function: transitive verb

Inflected Form(s): sul·lied; sul·ly·ing

Etymology: Middle English *sullien, probably alteration (influenced by Anglo-French suillier, soiller to soil) of sulen to soil, from Old English sylian

Date: 15th century

: to make soiled or tarnished : defile

seems about right...

LOL.

Again respected enough that no one gave him a GM gig. Oh and drafting? He just helped draft Maybin...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Buffalo bring Nix in after the last draft? If so, Nix had nothing to do with Maybin being drafted. Besides, so what if he did. Maybin is a raw rookie. Give him a chance before calling him a bust. Good thing Jim Kelly didn't play for this team as a rookie, or the fans would have run him out of town.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Buffalo bring Nix in after the last draft? If so, Nix had nothing to do with Maybin being drafted. Besides, so what if he did. Maybin is a raw rookie. Give him a chance before calling him a bust. Good thing Jim Kelly didn't play for this team as a rookie, or the fans would have run him out of town.

He came back in late January...when he was here before, he scouted the southeastern US. When he came back, he said that he kept up on college football and still had some contacts in many southeastern schools.

We drafted Eric Wood and Shawn Nelson from that region

Wouldn't the fact that he worked in San Diego for 8 or 9 years before coming here and learned with Butler/Smith as the GM make him the all important "outside hire" that Sullivan wants? Apparently Sullivan would rather have an outside hire than someone who may actually be really good...

And someone might want to let Sullivana know that Mike Tomlin was never a head coach before he won a super bowl too...

Tell me, buddy, how about facts? 28 Chargers drafted by Nix went to Pro Bowls in just four years (2004-07). Please explain to me how that record is bad. Oh wait, as usual, you can't.

Here we go again.

Its Jerry Sullivan's fault the Bills haven't made the playoffs in a decade.

Stop the Sullivan bashing - talk about getting old!

Stop the Sullivan ball washing - talk about an old set and your tongue must be tired!