Guess who doesn't like the move?

RayFinkle

Exactly what do you think we brought Buddy Nix in for a year ago??? He was the runner up for the GM job in Atlanta....you think he came in here to simply scout ?????

Nix was brought in similar to when we brought in Wade late in Marvs tenure.....Nix came here with an eye on getting the GM job........ofcourse him coming here 10 months ago flies totally under the radar screen of Sully and any of these local yokals

Nix said early in the PC that his hiring was a whirlwind thing. He did not expect, upon being hired last year, to be the GM.

They did not hire him with the intent of making him a General Manager, it came about within the past week.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what do you think we brought Buddy Nix in for a year ago??? He was the runner up for the GM job in Atlanta....you think he came in here to simply scout ?????

Nix was brought in similar to when we brought in Wade late in Marvs tenure.....Nix came here with an eye on getting the GM job........ofcourse him coming here 10 months ago flies totally under the radar screen of Sully and any of these local yokals

so you're telling me that ralph hired him 10 months ago with the pitch that "for now you're just a scout, but if you do really good i'll let you be the GM next year when this whole "continuity" thing blows up in my face...but for now, the russ/dick thing is going so well, that we'll just stick with it"?

with his stupendous pedigree, if he was such a great hire last year as a 69 year old scout and "exactly the guy we've needed around here for a long long time," why wasn't he named the gm then?? why did the bills need to let him sit around for a year before giving him this job? you think he needed to watch these clowns !@#$ up another season so he could be more qualified?

if you need to twist this around in your head to convince yourself ralph knows what he's doing, that's your prerogative, but there's really no objective reason to. ralph is still clueless. as a matter of fact, the only really sensible thing he said yesterday was that he needed some luck.

so you're telling me that ralph hired him 10 months ago with the pitch that "for now you're just a scout, but if you do really good i'll let you be the GM next year when this whole "continuity" thing blows up in my face...but for now, the russ/dick thing is going so well, that we'll just stick with it"?

with his stupendous pedigree, if he was such a great hire last year as a 69 year old scout and "exactly the guy we've needed around here for a long long time," why wasn't he named the gm then?? why did the bills need to let him sit around for a year before giving him this job? you think he needed to watch these clowns !@#$ up another season so he could be more qualified?

if you need to twist this around in your head to convince yourself ralph knows what he's doing, that's your prerogative, but there's really no objective reason to. ralph is still clueless. as a matter of fact, the only really sensible thing he said yesterday was that he needed some luck.

well reasoned. Don't see how one could argue against your logic here but I'll bet someone tries.

I do agree that Sullivan was accurate in this piece regarding his facts... but he does have a tendency to spin things in a negative way.

I think that Nix may turn out OK, despite the fact I agree with Sullivan that Wilson didn't go about this the right way. How can you possibly say "we looked at a list of candidates and didn't know them"? Huh? Maybe that's because you're not a "football guy" Ralph. I have a brilliant idea for you... maybe ASK someone who DOES know those candidates. The sign of a TERRIBLE leader is one who thinks he knows it all and doesn't ask questions.

And is anyone else absolutely FURIOUS, as I am, that the bonehead who presided over the Toronto-fiasco and a decade of terrible decisions was PROMOTED to CEO for his efforts. Sabres fans give Darcy Regier and Larry Quinn a hard time. Brandon isn't even in their league (and that's saying something).

Sorry, but the hard time is given to Quinn, Regier is typically given a pass by most fans :(

And the only part of the Toronto deal thats a fiasco is for Rogers, Buffalo made $78 million out of that deal, Its not the Bills organisation thats losing money playing there, its Rogers losing the money. So making $78 million for playing a few games out of the region is a boneheaded move? Add to that the fact that Brandon managed to win back fans and have a record number of season tickets sold this year after the fans were canceling their tickets this offseason cause of another 7-9 no playoff year and DJ being brought back.

FOR THE LAST TIME, BRANDON MADE SOME BAD "FOOTBALL PERSONEL" MOVES, BUT HE MADE SOME GREAT BUISNESS MOVES AND THATS WHAT HIS JOB IS AND WHAT HE WAS "PROMOTED" FOR REMOVING THE FOOTBALL DECISION FROM HIS POSITION.