Outside the Box GM Canidate

Hirly5

What if the Bills hired Ron Jaworski as GM? It has been mentioned many times and most recently as Dec 23rd on The Tony Kornheiser Radio Program that Jaws' dream job is to be a GM of an NFL team. I think he would be a perfect fit in Buffalo. He is local and knows the mentalitly of the area.

Jaws watches tons of film on every team. He knows what schemes work and what schemes fail. With all the film that he studies, I think he would be a great evaluator of talent. It would give the Bills some local and national buzz. It would bring a well respected football person into the organ-eye-zation which would help stop the constant bashing of the Bills front office and their aging owner. Instead of being the circus in Buffalo, maybe some free agents and coaches would like to come to Buffalo if Jaws was the GM.

The only reservation is that the last person that came out of the booth and into the front office chair was Matt Millen and we all know how that worked out.

I think it would be a win-win for the Bills. They get some PR buzz ala TO but MOST importantly, they actually get a well respected football mind in the front office. :thumbsup:

I would not mind Ron Jaworski as GM as long as they hired a strong experienced football front office person as President like Ron Wolfe. There are a lot of people in business with experience who do not want to put in the hours required anymore )as I have heard regarding Ron Wolfe) so this would give Jaworski some additional front office experience when necessary.

I doubt it would happen though since Ralph took a chance going outside organization with Donahue and it blew up in his face.

What if the Bills hired Ron Jaworski as GM? It has been mentioned many times and most recently as Dec 23rd on The Tony Kornheiser Radio Program that Jaws' dream job is to be a GM of an NFL team. I think he would be a perfect fit in Buffalo. He is local and knows the mentalitly of the area.

Jaws watches tons of film on every team. He knows what schemes work and what schemes fail. With all the film that he studies, I think he would be a great evaluator of talent. It would give the Bills some local and national buzz. It would bring a well respected football person into the organ-eye-zation which would help stop the constant bashing of the Bills front office and their aging owner. Instead of being the circus in Buffalo, maybe some free agents and coaches would like to come to Buffalo if Jaws was the GM.

The only reservation is that the last person that came out of the booth and into the front office chair was Matt Millen and we all know how that worked out.

I think it would be a win-win for the Bills. They get some PR buzz ala TO but MOST importantly, they actually get a well respected football mind in the front office. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be unhappy with Jaws. His evaluation of player performances is astute and generally correct. I respect his opinions more than most of the so-called experts.

I wouldn't be unhappy with Jaws. His evaluation of player performances is astute and generally correct. I respect his opinions more than most of the so-called experts.

And... it would be good for Lackawanna's reputation. Help people to forget the terrorists and the Bethlehem steel plant. :thumbsup: Just kidding.

This smacks too much of "hometown favorite" thinking. This is how Marv Levy ended up with the job and history shows that his "Gmship" has proven to be a disaster. Selected a bad coach and drafts were average at best.

I respect Jaws as an analyst but he is entirely an unknown as a GM.

This is an option worth jawing about. Jaws as GM and the Iron Jaw Buffalo Bill Cowher on the sideline.

These other "proven" GM candidates that are continuously mentioned... Ron Wolf, Floyd Reese, etc... why exactly are they available? My guess is that they were fired from their previous teams?

Lets' not fall prey to closing the door on brilliant minds due to lack of experience. I'll take a great mind motivated by fullfilling a dream any day of the week versus an old retread with set old ways.

We should agree that the institution of cronyism this past decade has f'd things up to a great extent- TD placing Mike Mularky, Ralph placing Marv, Marv placing Limp Dick Jauron...

Fresh meat powered by ambitious dreams is what we need.

The problem with Jaworski's evaluations is that they are meant for TV. If he's wrong, who cares? No one remembers what he says 5 minutes after he says it. It's like Mel Kiper. Why isn't he an NFL GM if he's such a crackerjack talent evaluator? Jaworski has never had to put a team on a field and live or die by his opinions.

PTR

These other "proven" GM candidates that are continuously mentioned... Ron Wolf, Floyd Reese, etc... why exactly are they available? My guess is that they were fired from their previous teams?

Wolf is retired and Reese is a paid consultant for New England.

Actually not a bad idea

I mentioned this in a topic early mid-way into the season and got shot down.

I would think he would be a good GM, I think he would be pro-active in fixing the O-line, and he would most def know a good QB when he see it and I think he would go after Russ Grimm as head coach.

Jaws GM football side with Buddy Nix head assistant.

Brandon...same job as now...marketing wiz

HC....Russ Grimm

OC..Fat Boy Weiss

DC ?? I don't know if Jaws would keep Fewell as DC but you have to admit we would have been better without the injuries.

I think if they talked to Jaws he would damn sure listen.

I would not mind Ron Jaworski as GM as long as they hired a strong experienced football front office person as President like Ron Wolfe. There are a lot of people in business with experience who do not want to put in the hours required anymore )as I have heard regarding Ron Wolfe) so this would give Jaworski some additional front office experience when necessary.

I doubt it would happen though since Ralph took a chance going outside organization with Donahue and it blew up in his face.

I speak with Ron Wolf on occasion and the guy couldn't be more retired. I ask him questions about what's going on in the league, and he doesn't know half the players anymore -- and he readily admits it. He doesn't even watch the game aside from visiting his buddy Bill Parcells for a Dolphins game once a season. Wolf is a huge military buff and spends his time reading war books and visiting battlefields. You don't want Ron Wolf to take over the Bills.