Skins meet 'Rooney Rule' requirement; Shanahan hiring soon?

pioniere

Whatever. If he goes 8-8 next year he'll be fired. Just ask Marty. Why any coach would want to work for Snyder Wilson and play for a team in the nations capital armpit named after a pejorative term for a group of people said nation tried to ethnically cleanse is beyond me a guy from Iowa, not NY.

See We're not all that different from them Mr. Shanahan. :unsure::thumbsup:

I keeeed! I keeeed! :sick:

It is a Bull **** rule. I am really suprised that some team hasn't taken the NFL to court over it. I don't see how you can force someone to interview a minority.

Easier to comply with the rule then to challenge it even if the owner/GM is just going through the motions. I'm not a lawyer but as you point out it does seem to be unconstitutional.

Easier to comply with the rule then to challenge it even if the owner/GM is just going through the motions. I'm not a lawyer but as you point out it does seem to be unconstitutional.

Exactly. Bottom line teams are gonna hire who they want screw any Rooney rule. I just think its stupid to waste the time.

Would interviewing a hispanic, native american, or pacific islander satisfy the rooney rule? If so, give Ted Nolan a token interview. After all, he turned the 1996-1997 Sabres into "winners".

Interesting question...I am assuming the rooney rule applies to interviewing a MINORITY candidate, not necessarily an African-American candidate...does anyone know for sure?

If so, I wonder if Charlie Weis will count. Last I checked, Ogres were a minority.

I also wonder if, say Dennis Green was THE candidate a team was looking at, would they need to interview a white candidate to meet the rooney rule?

Interesting question...I am assuming the rooney rule applies to interviewing a MINORITY candidate, not necessarily an African-American candidate...does anyone know for sure?

If so, I wonder if Charlie Weis will count. Last I checked, Ogres were a minority.

I also wonder if, say Dennis Green was THE candidate a team was looking at, would they need to interview a white candidate to meet the rooney rule?

sounds like reverse discrimination no matter how its sliced.

It seems to me that the rule makes the minority being interviewed look foolish. Especially with Grey seeing most people think Shanahan is a lock for that job anyway and that Snyder asked the league if his interview fulfills the rule.

I know I would feel pretty stupid going into a job interview knowing I had absolutely no chance at getting it. I just can't see how this rule makes any difference at all.

It seems to me that the rule makes the minority being interviewed look foolish. Especially with Grey seeing most people think Shanahan is a lock for that job anyway and that Snyder asked the league if his interview fulfills the rule.

I know I would feel pretty stupid going into a job interview knowing I had absolutely no chance at getting it. I just can't see how this rule makes any difference at all.

Me either. And while we are at it...where is the rule where you have to try out one white Running Back?

...Thread moved to PPP in 3....2...1....

Would interviewing a hispanic, native american, or pacific islander satisfy the rooney rule? If so, give Ted Nolan a token interview. After all, he turned the 1996-1997 Sabres into "winners".

No for Titans interviewed a Chinese college coach for head coach and it did not count. The Rooney Rule only applies to black minorities which is the most hypocritical part of it.

According to some the experience of interviewing for the job helps you in applying for jobs in future.