So now that Reality has kicked in, Shanahan saying no thanks....

DarthICE

When the bills signed TO, it made the bills look more unpredictable, therefor making other possible big name signings seem more.... possible.

Unpredictable? Ticket sales were sagging and they needed a high profile something to get the fans to billieve again and open their wallets. And that they did. Very predictable I'd say.

Unpredictable? Ticket sales were sagging and they needed a high profile something to get the fans to billieve again and open their wallets. And that they did. Very predictable I'd say.

But they aren't known for "opening their wallet" for high profile players, even with drops in ticket sales. It wasn't predictable at all. Did you REALLY think they were going sign TO? Because no one in the world predicted it. If you thought TO was the most likely choice TO would end up, you would be a liar.

So since they changed their style and "opened their wallets" to someone of high profile, it makes it seem more likely that the bills would "open their wallet" again for another high profile name, IE headcoach like shanny. The chances of it happening? close to none. But ever since TO surprised everyone that watches sports, bills fans see a slightly bigger chance that a high profile name will get signed.

I think John Fox will be our new head coach.

If I had to guess on the coaching carousel this is my guess:

Carolina: Bill Cowher (although, I wouldnt be suprised to see him decline and wait for the Penn State Opening)

Tampa: Leslie Frazier

Buffalo: John Fox

Washington: Shanahan

Cleveland: Mangini (yes, for another year)

Chicago: Lovie Smith returns

Oakland: Cable returns

Dallas: Mike Zimmer

No way Mangini stays in Cleveland. Holmgren wants his own guy.

Cable is most likely gone in Oakland with Fassel in.

Dallas will go big name if they replace Wade, who of all the teams listed is most likely to keep their coach.

The reason I don't see Fox here is because I think Ralph Wilson still holds it against him for quitting as Al Davis' DC in preseason years ago.

I care more about who the GM of this team will be.......

We need to start at the source of the problem (past Ralph Wilson....as there is nothing that can be done about that)

You're correct that it's the GM where things start. Atlanta hired Tom Dimitroff who hired the right HC, and picked the right QB. The Falcons aren't the top of the NFC, but they can be there with a few more players.

I just think that RW is going to have to yield authority if he wants someone proven. Otherwise, they'll go with a hungry young guy who may not have the power he should have. Either way, the person needs to have a lot of energy, because they will be tasked with rebuilding a franchise with few building blocks.

Ice i have a serious problem with your posts. You talk trash to fans who have some hope for the next season. My question is why? Everyone knows that the Bills are a mess. I hope every year that the Bills somehow someway figure it out.

You must be new around here.

But they aren't known for "opening their wallet" for high profile players, even with drops in ticket sales. It wasn't predictable at all. Did you REALLY think they were going sign TO? Because no one in the world predicted it. If you thought TO was the most likely choice TO would end up, you would be a liar

I didn't even know TO was available until I read about the Bills signing him.

So since they changed their style and "opened their wallets" to someone of high profile, it makes it seem more likely that the bills would "open their wallet" again for another high profile name, IE headcoach like shanny. The chances of it happening? close to none. But ever since TO surprised everyone that watches sports, bills fans see a slightly bigger chance that a high profile name will get signed.

6.5 mil for a 1 year contract. Opened their wallets? OK if you think so.

But I will restate, it did have the desired effect. Energized the Bills faithful to open their wallets.

What cheap, up and coming Scrubs will Ralph Wilson try to pawn on us as guys that will change this franchise?

Look put aside the homerism, this team is NOT, again NOT an attractive job. 91 year old owner that can kick it any minute. He has a rep as being a medling owner and cheap on his hires. This roster is NOT a good roster. We are a team full of guys that would be other teams backups or should be playing arena ball. Fans honestly forget what a damn good roster looks like. I know they sure as hell forget what a good QB looks like.

Also, no one worth a damn wants to come in and try and do a 5 year rebuild esp with no QB in place. We need TWO OT's, at least one DT, a couple DE's, at least one LB etc.

Make no mistake about it, thanks to Donahoe, then Marv's clear cluster !@#$ attempt at GM'ing this team, we are looking at a 5 year rebuild. Now if we can pull off an uncapped year while getting the salary cap back I say dump a ton of this roster this offseason so we don't have a cap hit. We do that then its a 3 year rebuild.

So...what scrubs do you guys think will come in and take over this franchise with the shape it is in... AND turn it into a winner?

Agreed!

I am a realist that is why. Until Ralph Dies, sells or just gets the !@#$ out of the way 100% this team is going to suck. It has a horrible rep and no one worth a damn at this point even wants to sniff coming to Buffalo.

Hope? I am done with blind faith and hope. REALITY is we are in deep **** as an org and I can't see it changing any time soon thanks to the Owner still being the owner.

Gotta agree with this. In reality, we're absolutely horrid, we're a mess, and what kind of upside do we have to look forward to? putting Brohm in for 2 games? Speculation that 10 mil has been thrown at shanny? no. As long as Ralph is here we will still be a 7-9 team at best until something major is changed. Which we all know just won't happen. Thanks Mr. Wilson!

the problem isnt ralph wilson, its the front office, modrak and guy suck at building a team... we need a true gm like polian. this team is similar to the 84 and 85 teams. the bills should first focus on drafting a top qb, and if they cant get the qb they want then build the dline and oline.

If given the chance, 3/4 of BILLS FANS would rather coach in Dallas or Washington over Buffalo.

Cant blame Shanny at all.

Bills fans can't understand when someone can objectively look at this team and see what a mess it is. This team sucks from top to bottom so no I don't blame shanahan for not taking the gig.

Problem is, who will that will actually be successful?