Mike Cejka

DPR4444

http://www.buffalonews.com/437/story/901909.html

"A Niagara County sheriff’s deputy handcuffed and drew his weapon on Channel 4 weather forecaster Mike Cejka last week after an unusual incident in the Town of Lockport, the deputy reported.

The incident involved a brief car chase, during which Cejka drove his Jeep Grand Cherokee past a stop sign without stopping, sheriff’s officials said Monday.

Cejka, 50, of Clarence, was ticketed for failing to observe a stop sign, Sheriff James R. Voutour said.

The incident involved a homeowner on Old Beattie Road who called police at about 4 a.m. Dec. 14 to report that a man was trying to take a protective tarp off his motorcycle, which was parked in the driveway.

According to a report filed by Deputy Jonathan Andres, a Jeep driven by Cejka fled the scene in a “hasty” manner when the deputy drove up to respond to a 911 call. After a short chase, Cejka pulled his vehicle over on Rapids Road. The deputy drew his weapon and ordered Cejka out of the vehicle, according to a sheriff’s report.

Cejka identified himself to police as “Mike Cejka from channel 4 News” as he was being handcuffed, according to the report. Cejka said he had seen the motorcycle before and wanted to “take a closer look at it.”

He could not be reached Monday to comment.

The Lockport homeowner could pursue a trespassing charge in Lockport Town Court, the sheriff said. A violation is a non-criminal charge that carries a maximum penalty of 15 days in jail. "

http://www.buffalonews.com/437/story/901909.html

The incident involved a homeowner on Old Beattie Road who called police at about 4 a.m. Dec. 14 to report that a man was trying to take a protective tarp off his motorcycle, which was parked in the driveway.

Cejka identified himself to police as “Mike Cejka from channel 4 News” as he was being handcuffed, according to the report. Cejka said he had seen the motorcycle before and wanted to “take a closer look at it.”

He wanted to "take a closer look" at a motorcycle he had seen around town at 4:00 in the morning without the owner's permission? Yeah, okay Mike. As they say in his business, there is defenitely more to come from this story.

Is there any truth to the rumor that he had chaps on and was seen with a large bottle of lubricant? And no I am not kidding

I read that on another web site too, supposedly from a 'reliable source', plus the story took a week to show up in the Buffalo Snooze - which sure makes it look a lot like someone tried to 'bury' it, but supposedly a FOIL request was filed with the Niagara County Sheriffs Dept. The initial version of the story made no mention of the motorcycle - only Mr. Cejka's strange attire.

Guy always gave me the creeps.

Is there any truth to the rumor that he had chaps on and was seen with a large bottle of lubricant? And no I am not kidding

I googled his name and ended up on some board where they were saying something like is it true what Tom Bauerle is saying about the chaps.......Did he actually say that on air?