I truely believe there will be a change in ownership next year

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love it if Kelly owned the bills, But he doesn't have the money. These franchises go for 700,000,000. No way Kelly has that money. He could be a minohalfrity owner.

Maybe Golisano,.... Must likely someone we have heard of, that'll try to move us.

I can see it now, Ralphs kicks the bucket, teams sucks, facility is poor. New owner comes in, sticks around for a year. Wants new stadium. Broke NY, cant/wont build a new stadium. Look at the Jets,... The Yankees funded half and that was set up 10 years ago.

New owner gets pist moves to LA. You think the NFL cares about western NY. Ha...... They would love to have a team in LA.

But this time, the name changes. Not like the Lakers

So, Kelly is a good for us.

Lest ye forget, Kelly finished his USFL career with the NJ Generals, owned by Donald Trump - The Donald would have no problems raising a quick $$billion$$ or two, and he also happens to be very good friends with...

Mike Leach

(link - Donald Trump Scolds Miami President For Hiring Randy Shannon And Ignoring Mike Leach)

Yes, everything is slowly falling into place... :rolleyes:

I truly believe you need to use spell check.....

You truly need to understand sentence structure. Periods used at the end of a sentence are called ellipses. They are used at the end of a sentence when a thought is unfinished. In your sentence "I truly believe you need to use spell check.....", you should have used a period. Your thought was finished and no assumption of an unfinished thought could be presumed. Therefor your use of ellipses was a grammatical error.

Don't throw stones.....

You're welcome Don.

This is total speculation but my gut is telling me that there will be a change in ownership next season. Why do I feel this way? Why would Jim Kelly be hanging out so much this past season? He has been on the sidelines, in the the locker room, he has traveled with the team and he has been writing some very candid articles. He has spoke fairly openly about him along with some investors wanting to buy the team. Then Thurman Thomas was on the radio and many people think that he was suggesting ownership changes in January. Thurman and Jim are not hanging out in Buffalo because they like the weather. It's not a normal thing to see former Qb's at all the games. He is there for a reason. I believe he is keeping a close eye on things and I truly feel he is already working with Ralph on some future changes. Ralph may not give up total ownership but I think Jim and probably Thurman as well, are going to be in the mix by next month. This is what Buffalo needs. It would definitely get me excited again.

There will be a change in ownership. Ralph will stop traveling to Buffalo because of the hostile crowds and his age. Therefore, the change is that he will become an absentee owner.

Just my 2 cents: If "facts" are facts, concerning the discussions, perhaps it's about Jimbo being appointed president. RW has stated so many times that he is not selling any piece of the franchise, I have to believe him. But, now, perhaps he's feeling his age and knows he's not up to managing the franchise. He wants to turn the control over to someone he knows has the best interests of the franchise at heart. Jimbo would then hire the football people to operate the franchise. Anyone with info as to whether this is even a possibility?

I would love it if Kelly owned the bills, But he doesn't have the money. These franchises go for 700,000,000. No way Kelly has that money. He could be a minohalfrity owner.

Maybe Golisano,.... Must likely someone we have heard of, that'll try to move us.

I can see it now, Ralphs kicks the bucket, teams sucks, facility is poor. New owner comes in, sticks around for a year. Wants new stadium. Broke NY, cant/wont build a new stadium. Look at the Jets,... The Yankees funded half and that was set up 10 years ago.

New owner gets pist moves to LA. You think the NFL cares about western NY. Ha...... They would love to have a team in LA.

Your right. Kelly would own maybe 1% of the franchise and be the face of the ownership group.

Believe it or not there is still a LOT of old Money in WNY.

I don't believe Jim has ever come out and said he would have sole ownership. He has only spoken as a part of a group according to him. Who that group is I don't know.

The estate tax will be suspended on Jan 1st 2010, however likely at some point probably by the end of the 1st quarter it will be reinstated with an exemption of somewhere between 3 to 5 mil which is of little use to RW. He could potentially sell the team prior to that going into effect. However there is talk of making it retroactive to Jan 1st. I was just talking with a lawyer yesterday about that possability, if it does become retroactive, there will be a long court battle, so the govt may not attempt to do that just to avoid the hassle. So there is a potential for this happening, we'll see.

I used to think so too, but when you consider that 2010 represents a one-year window in which the estate tax is suspended, selling in 2010 does make sense.

If it doesn't happen in 2010, we will all have to wait until Ralph passes.

Just my 2 cents: If "facts" are facts, concerning the discussions, perhaps it's about Jimbo being appointed president. RW has stated so many times that he is not selling any piece of the franchise, I have to believe him. But, now, perhaps he's feeling his age and knows he's not up to managing the franchise. He wants to turn the control over to someone he knows has the best interests of the franchise at heart. Jimbo would then hire the football people to operate the franchise. Anyone with info as to whether this is even a possibility?

That is perhaps the most interesting possibility I have yet heard.

It would give Wilson an 'out', and give Kelly some time to learn on the job.

I shudder to think of it like the flash in the pan Marino hiring in Miami a few years ago (isn't this situation eerily similar?), but what the heck? Marino was always a pansy player, IMO. I especially loved it when good 'ol Bruce would sack him and Marino would throw a temper tantrum.

Ahhhh...those were the days...

Lest ye forget, Kelly finished his USFL career with the NJ Generals, owned by Donald Trump - The Donald would have no problems raising a quick $$billion$$ or two, and he also happens to be very good friends with...

Mike Leach

(link - Donald Trump Scolds Miami President For Hiring Randy Shannon And Ignoring Mike Leach)

Yes, everything is slowly falling into place... :(

The Donald is also a Bills fan

As far as turning over the franchise that is not RW's style, unless it is to someone like Shanahan. He considers the Donahoe era a big mistake as do we all. If RW is feeling a little tired or whatever that is what Brandan is here for, to do the grunt work and then report back to RW so that Wilson can make the final decisions.