Listening To Thurman On WGR Right Now

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bon Jovi is good friends with Belichick.....This is going to be a package deal

Bon Jovi is a longtime Giants fan and a season-ticket holder.

BON JOVI HAS HEART SET ON NFL TEAM

Rocker JON BON JOVI has his heart set on owning a team in America's National Football League (NFL) - and he already has his eye on the Oakland Raiders. The HAVE A NICE DAY star is a co-owner of the Philadelphia Soul team which competes in the less prestigious Arena Football League (AFL), but he would love to upgrade to the Californian team. He says, "I want to buy the Raiders. To own an NFL team: that's the dream."

14 November 2006 17:19

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story...fl-team_1013611

Bill Belichick & Charlie-Weis-sing-with-Bon-Jovi

Not to get into the whole rumor thing, but a friend of mine has it on good authority that Kelly is meeting with Ralph and his advisors to discuss he getting involved in ownership. Doesn't mean anything but it's still encouraging to here Ralph may be insuring the Bills' future in Buffalo.

Wow, If true that is great news.

Not to get into the whole rumor thing, but a friend of mine has it on good authority that Kelly is meeting with Ralph and his advisors to discuss he getting involved in ownership. Doesn't mean anything but it's still encouraging to here Ralph may be insuring the Bills' future in Buffalo.

Jimbo has been very open about trying to get a group together before Ralph croaks, can't all be rumors :oops:

I think he talked to Brandon and found out that there is a big trade coming with the raiders. Trent, maybin, and whitner for 2 corndogs a case of budlight and a pack of depends for ralph. thurman is excited because that is a great value the team would be getting for those chumps and the raiders would be the only team willing to give such a steep price for worthless players.

There are a lot of dumb rumors/soundbites that get posted here but I heard this too and definitely think it's thread-worthy. Unlike the usual gibberish you hear in former player interviews, he was absolutely talking in such a way that would indicate he knows something.

However when Bulldog pressed him on it, I was disappointed to hear him say that Shannahan is still a possibility, when in fact Shanny being the next coach of the Redskins is the worst kept secret in the world.

So to me it is clear that:

1) Thurman does have some inside connections and has an idea of the general plan in place at OBD.

2) He does not know (nor do the Bills most likely) the specific coach this plan entails.

I can only conclude from this that he knows of either:

A) an upcoming hire of a respected GM

B) a feel-good story involving guys from the Glory Days designed to make the fans temporarily feel good (aka Marv all over again).

We can only hope that 'A' is correct.

There are a lot of dumb rumors/soundbites that get posted here but I heard this too and definitely think it's thread-worthy. Unlike the usual gibberish you hear in former player interviews, he was absolutely talking in such a way that would indicate he knows something.

However when Bulldog pressed him on it, I was disappointed to hear him say that Shannahan is still a possibility, when in fact Shanny being the next coach of the Redskins is the worst kept secret in the world.

So to me it is clear that:

1) Thurman does have some inside connections and has an idea of the general plan in place at OBD.

2) He does not know (nor do the Bills most likely) the specific coach this plan entails.

I can only conclude from this that he knows of either:

A) an upcoming hire of a respected GM

B) a feel-good story involving guys from the Glory Days designed to make the fans temporarily feel good (aka Marv all over again).

We can only hope that 'A' is correct.

It sounded like he indicated that something big is going to happen and he wants to be a part of it. I'm thinking he's heard that the FO will be blown up which is not Earth shattering but encouraging.

Bon Jovi is a longtime Giants fan and a season-ticket holder.

BON JOVI HAS HEART SET ON NFL TEAM

Rocker JON BON JOVI has his heart set on owning a team in America's National Football League (NFL) - and he already has his eye on the Oakland Raiders. The HAVE A NICE DAY star is a co-owner of the Philadelphia Soul team which competes in the less prestigious Arena Football League (AFL), but he would love to upgrade to the Californian team. He says, "I want to buy the Raiders. To own an NFL team: that's the dream."

14 November 2006 17:19

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story...fl-team_1013611

Bill Belichick & Charlie-Weis-sing-with-Bon-Jovi

Didn't expect to see that!

Interesting.

I did not know that about Davis.

Then why are things still so jacked up in Oakland?

Because Al Davis insists upon being his own GM.

Talk about much ado about nothing.

You guys are really sniffing too much glue these days, as there was absolutely NOTHING revelatory in this segment that I just wasted 35 minutes listening to.

It is all of the same comments that he made last time, with his twittering (haha), etc.

Good of you and others to post the link so people could make up their own minds.

Here's the link to Thurm's comments, in case it wasn't posted earlier:

http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/28019595/1...-have-a-say.htm

Thank you very much. Just got home (9 pm PST) and after 4 pages...finally. I believe the term is "team player." Gonna give it a listen. Thanks again.

My first thought was an ownership change. That is the only thing that would constitute a "major" change in Bills nation.

This has nothing to do with the Bills, but in Showtime's backstage rockumentary about Bon Jovi's last tour, the subject of the purchase on an NFL team came up. Mr. Jovi was on the phone in his hotel room having serious phone conversations with a group that was trying to buy an NFL team. He was trying to convince this person on the other line that he was a serious businessman and not just a cheesy hair band singer. Just a side anecdote I thought I'd throw in there. Exactly which team was this group trying to buy? Hmmm...

Speculation is all the fun we have left this season. My bet is Ralph is selling the team.

Kelly, Talley and Bon Jovi as owners. Shanny as Head Coach. Charlie Weiss as OC.

...........Wwwooooo- aaaa -- ooooooo!! Living on a Prayer!

Whoa...that was just an anecdote. Oh great, now I've created a monster!

:oops:

I'm just glad no one's busted on me for watching a Bon Jovi rockumentary.

You watched a Bon Jovi rockumentary? Seriously, dude, you give the ownership group a bad name (bad name). Straight from the heart, you're to blame.

Take it for what it is worth, but a friend of mine has a sibling who has worked for the Bills for about 20 years. Every now and again, this friend shares some "insider info" with me...nothing earth shattering, but enough to let me know, that they know what is going on. A couple of off seasons ago, right before Thurman was announced to the hall of fame, the Bills administrative office staff was told by management that Jim Kelly would be working for the Bills in some un-defined way. He would not be coaching the team in any fashion, they were told. They were not told what title he would have, only that he was an employee of the Buffalo Bills football organization. At the time, they all assumed this meant that he was, perhaps, a GM in training. The Bills were not going to annonce the hiring, until after the Super Bowl, as they didn't want to steal any of the spotlight from Thurmans' selection to the HOF.

I fully believed what I was told, and I posted my "inside info" at that time, and, as usually happens here, it was meant with some skepticism. I can understand that. When no announcement was made, after the Super Bowl, I wondered if I had been given some bad info. But, there was someone who was a longtime "lurker" on this board, also a Bills employee (I checked him out on the Bills site, and knew he was legit, also confirmed it with my other source, in a round about way), who confirmed all of this. He too was puzzled as to what became of the announcement.

It was around that time that Kelly started lobbying, very publicly, about buying the Bills. Other old time Bills (Thurman, Tally) were showing up in WNY. It seemed something was going on, but nobody was saying much.

I am starting to think that Ralph, perhaps, did give Kelly some reason to think that he had a legit shot of one day, being an owner, or part owner of the Bills. Maybe Ralph would give Kelly and his group some sort of "home town discount". This news of Thurman, today, is making me think that something is going to happen with Kelly. Kelly has been so vocal about this ownership issue, he always sounds like he is speaking like he knows something that the rest of us are not privy too, in regards to Bills ownership. He always seems to be speaking from a position of power. The idea that he could purchase the Bills from Ralph is proposterous, but it hasn't deterred him from expressing his intent to make sure the Bills stay in Buffalo. Perhaps we all find out in a few weeks... I hope Thurman isn't jerking our chain...